General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The dragon on FJ is still down? It’s been down since the beginning of the year! Wonder when they’ll fix it soon.

Yeah the I-Rex has been down for a few weeks apparently.
FJ has never had any official refurbishment, also expect the dragon to be down till summer or longer. From what I heard it’s just because they get lazy and don’t do the routine maintenance in time so they have to leave the dragon off for the ride to run basically lol

I finally got around to binge-watching "Camp Cretaceous", I know.. bad dino fanboy & ride-op. I'm watching it now before "Chaos Theory" starts :lol: my only motivation... anyway..

Season 1 - Episode 6
"Welcome to Jurassic World"

While I will never NOT gripe about the "River Adventure" being a kayak instead of a legit water ride like at the parks, I was happy they included references- "River Adventure" ride title, an actual switchback queue, hadrosaur "knocking your boat off course", & the drop.

There was a dino aspect that I wish they would've added to our ride during the revamp. The Parasyphilis (too lazy to pull up the name, so you get what I called it), had a genetic "glow up" from Dr Wu adding a bioluminescent gene. This gave them a glowing stripe on their head/back. This type of gimmick would've been a great enhancement for those nighttime rides.

Reactions: BriefCasey
I ended up in the back right corner of the boat, so I wasn't in prime photo-taking position. Of course, it's different when it's full of guests vs empty for early morning test cycles lol

When I rode it last week, the "underwater viewing" doors were broken/stuck open (so awkward hearing the audio for them still). The two water effects "worked", but were minimal.

Steggo...
20240702_111212.jpg
The geysers were functional. So wetness existed

Next up on our tour, Hadrosaur Cove here's this guy
20240702_111239.jpg

Relic of the past... wish it still "sparked"
20240702_111331.jpg

Even the dinos are fighting over merch.. must be passholders
20240629_002206.jpg
Here's a throwback to the original 2019 scenic
1000009903.jpg
^gotta love the plastic dead pterodactyl

Not an easy shot to get from where i was sitting
20240629_001512.jpg
^this still bothers me story-wise. The placement is just so poorly executed & an obvious afterthought.

I honestly don't remember if ceiling raptor was working. I legit can't remember lol. The interior section is just forgettable in general to me, but I'm also jaded from working there lol
20240702_111131.jpg
Not the best pic (sorry), Indominus was functioning for the most part. However, the T-Rex seemed to be a bit delayed (to me).

I was going to ride it again later, but when i was down there I ended up grabbing a cocktail & going back to the Upper Lot since the park was closing soon.

BONUS CONTENT:
"Golden Hour Glow"
20240627_184050.jpg
20240627_184128.jpg

Last edited: