General Movies & TV Thread | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
David Zaslav/WB f**king suck. Jesus christ.

They really couldn't wait to get back to showing why they suck after the strike was over, didn't they?

It was gross when they did this write-off business with Batgirl, as that set a terrible precedent for them. Some folks might say that Batgirl wasn't testing well or was a lost cause etc...but the matter of the fact stays, now that Zaslav/WB saw they could write-off a film like that, they can do that to any film. Including ones that by all accounts were perfectly fine films that were testing well and probably would've had a buyer or two.

I know things like AI have been discussed about being harmful to media and I don't disagree with that thought one bit, and this write-off system is right up there as there's no benefit to media/Cinema at all when the studios themselves are sending films to the void for purely shallow and stupid reasons.

Reactions: SeventyOne
That's pretty gross. Even with the strikes over, as we've seen just this evening from Disney, movies are still getting pushed to the back end of 2024 (or out of the year altogether). Not only is there room for a movie like COYOTE VS. ACME, theaters could absolutely use it. Ditto for WB's SALEM'S LOT, which has been on a shelf for a while. Send it to theaters!

Also, the idea that the studio that just released the highest-grossing movie of the year somehow "can't afford" to release something is completely absurd.

That's pretty gross. Even with the strikes over, as we've seen just this evening from Disney, movies are still getting pushed to the back end of 2024 (or out of the year altogether). Not only is there room for a movie like COYOTE VS. ACME, theaters could absolutely use it. Ditto for WB's SALEM'S LOT, which has been on a shelf for a while. Send it to theaters!

Also, the idea that the studio that just released the highest-grossing movie of the year somehow "can't afford" to release something is completely absurd.

Even more crazy? Just a day or two ago Zaslav was complaining that Max wasn't doing well with kids. Which also reminds me they wrote off that one Scooby film as well...

The Morning Show is a Trainwreck I can’t stop watching, I really enjoyed season 3. It’s all ridiculous but if you enjoy things thru that perspective than everyone would enjoy this show, and a truly terrific performance from both Jennifer Anniston and Billy Crudup.

Reactions: GAcoaster
My only issue will be if it's not by the Cobra Kai team

They get those characters and Sony upcoming and last few years of live action films....are just crap to fine. Cobra Kai isn't art but it's fun and knows what it is and how to make it the best show it can be for what it is

Susan Sarandon dropped by her talent agency and Melissa Barrera dropped from Scream 7 both allegedly due to their pro-Palestine comments

Susan Sarandon dropped by her talent agency and Melissa Barrera dropped from Scream 7 both allegedly due to their pro-Palestine comments
lol

They are dropping another main actress in Scream? Wonder how they will rework the story if true

Also I do feel for actors right now....like you can't win with any comments no matter what you say...people just get pissed off and yes if your silent you also get called out