General Movies & TV Thread | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In some rather pleasant news, Disney is finally releasing Soul, Luca and Turning Red in theaters next year.

Soul will release Jan. 12th, accompanied by the SparkShort, Burrow.
Turning Red will release Feb. 9th, accompanied by the SparkShort, Kitbull.
Luca will release Mar. 22nd, accompanied by the classic Pixar short, For the Birds.

While this feels like them putting stuff out since they don't have much of a release schedule next year, I'm still happy these films are finally getting their due theatrical releases. (Especially Turning Red which absolutely should've released in theaters when it was supposed to.)

Also, it feels very telling they're advertising the theatrical releases as "the way they were meant to be seen."

If I can see them I will see Soul and Luca

Luca is just a fun film and Soul is my favorite film Pixar has made since CoCo

No hate on Turning Red, its just not a film for me and go enjoy those who do

The Giggle (Doctor Who 60th Special 3) was a fantastic ending. Felt like it allowed multiple doors to be open, and felt genuinely brilliant to see RTD do the things he did.

The Bikeriders has a release date now of June 21, 2024. Universal's Focus Features will distribute the film domestically with Universal Pictures distributing the film internationally. I thought this had the chance of being an Academy Award winning film and now I hope it does win awards just because of how idiotic Disney has to be to pass on this film with Austin Butler coming off of Elvis and is the current Best Actor Winner.

Echo could win people over if its really like DD and an adult show

Xmen and Spiderman will be huge

No idea about how Wakanda will do, and Agatha could with the right trailers hook people....if Audrey Plaza is one of the main people and focus on in trailers that will help it

No idea about how Wakanda will do, and Agatha could with the right trailers hook people....if Audrey Plaza is one of the main people and focus on in trailers that will help it
I think the Hawkeye show was pretty alright for what it was if I remember. It was Echo and Kingpin that brought the whole thing down, very boring interpretations.

I think the Hawkeye show was pretty alright for what it was if I remember. It was Echo and Kingpin that brought the whole thing down, very boring interpretations.
Very different tone...hopefully

Echo is going for more Mature vibes while Hawkeye was.....dumb fun and why I wish Kingpin wasn't in it for that kinda stuff.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343

Echo is getting solid reactions so far through three episodes that people have seen (of only five).

Steamboat Willie will be entering the public domain on January 1. All other versions of Mickey Mouse will still be protected by Copyright law which has a lifetime of 95 years from the original work. Every version of Mickey (and friends) are considered their own unique versions and will enter at separate times.