General Movies & TV Thread | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just watched this amazing 13min Korean short-film comedy starring LA local Kpop idol Kevin Woo! He plays both roles- kpop idol "Moon" & his Korean-American doppelganger "DJ".
1000009940.jpg

Here's the official website:
Seoul Switch

You'll find the hilarious teaser on there as well. Having fallen down the kpop rabbit hole in 2019 with no plans to escape, I understood this short-film easily. The struggles of being an idol & the struggles of being a nobody. Kevin was absolutely amazing & hilarious. Not just saying that because I'm a fanboy of his lol. It's 5am here in Cali & I had to cover my mouth to keep me from dying of laughter out loud. I was nearly wheezing. The comedy & wit was so good. Kevin's over-the-top Korean accent was priceless.

It was part of the 2024 DisOrient Asian-American Film Festival of Oregon. Unfortunately, the only states that can watch this short-film & the other 5 short-films online is Oregon, Washington, California & Hawaii. It was $12 for the Korean Kaleidoscope Remix Shorts Program available on the "eventive" site. 6 days to start watching, 48hrs access once you start. "Seoul Switch" was worth it alone, but I'm going to watch the other short-film "Idol" as well. The other 4 didn't catch my interest. I donated $5 to this short-film though. Might donate more later. Would love to see it as a full-length feature film. It was a fresh take on a familiar concept.

Reactions: Journey_On
Man WB must be upset with themselves for losing Christopher Nolan, Universal must be feeling good an Oscar and them making bank from most films coming out from them

While the movie is decent, my favorite part is The Shining sequence! I'd always run into the theatre to watch it while at work lol

When I had the unfortunate luck of being roped into VIP tours while working at the Chinese Theatre, I'd totally time it just right to ",show off" the IMAX screen during "The Shining" sequence! I'm a terrible human lol

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the sequel. There was a pop-up attraction in Hollywood that was kinda nifty & nostalgia driven to hype the movie.

I'm quite a big defender of Spielberg's READY PLAYER ONE. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's the most popcorn-y, escapist genre blockbuster he's directed since the 1990s. It's fun.

That said, we don't need a sequel.

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
I'm quite a big defender of Spielberg's READY PLAYER ONE. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's the most popcorn-y, escapist genre blockbuster he's directed since the 1990s. It's fun.

That said, we don't need a sequel.
I think with the Apple Vision Pro out now (and the Oculus/Meta Quest gaining a lot of steam especially over the Covid lockdown period), I think there's enough consumer interest in virtual reality for this movie to succeed. However, the story has to be there for it to be worth it. It's kind of like if an Alita 2 ever happens or with Tron 3. There has to be a reason for it to exist. Right now i'm very skeptical there's a reason for Tron 3 other than they really want Tron to finally work.

Right now i'm very skeptical there's a reason for Tron 3 other than they really want Tron to finally work.
Tron Legacy worked, they just dropped the ball in moving forward with the sequel when they had the perfect opportunity. And now, DaftPunk is Defunct! So it'll also be interesting to see the direction they take for the soundtrack.

I don't want to be all doom & gloom about Tron 3, but... it literally has everything working against it.

Tron Legacy worked, they just dropped the ball in moving forward with the sequel when they had the perfect opportunity. And now, DaftPunk is Defunct! So it'll also be interesting to see the direction they take for the soundtrack.

I don't want to be all doom & gloom about Tron 3, but... it literally has everything working against it.
I really enjoyed Tron: Legacy and thought Kasinski left it wide open for plenty of places to go in the future. The weak point honestly was the script, it was merely run of the mill stuff. But that was fixable if they would've kept going, kept Kosinski, and gotten better writers, allowing them to move forward with the same cast as well.

I think the reason why it felt weak is only because it was a reintroduction to the Grid & mainly set out to set events into motion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Since it will obviously be set several years later, I do wonder if Cillian Murphy will be back or if that plot will be abandoned. It's just hard to get excited for this movie. Disney blew it.

I think the reason why it felt weak is only because it was a reintroduction to the Grid & mainly set out to set events into motion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Since it will obviously be set several years later, I do wonder if Cillian Murphy will be back or if that plot will be abandoned. It's just hard to get excited for this movie. Disney blew it.
I'd bet a lot of money that Murphy will not be back. Cillian Murphy wasn't even a credited actor in Tron: Legacy and had an extremely minor role that can be played by anyone. I don't care if he doesn't come back.

Who I DO want to see back though is Michael Sheen as Castor, the host of the End of Line club. It won't happen though because this film is, essentially a standalone sequel.

Last edited:
I'd bet a lot of money that Murphy will not be back. Cillian Murphy wasn't even a credited actor in Tron: Legacy and had an extremely minor role that can be played by anyone.
Despite not being credited, his role was at least pretty significant character-wise. He played Edward Dillinger, Jr., the head of ENCOM's software design team and the son of former ENCOM Senior Executive Ed Dillinger in the original film.

True, they can recast the role considering it's been 14 years if the character exists in this . However, it's been so long I do have to wonder what exactly this film is trying to accomplish & what ties it back to the original other than title & familiar suits.

Wasn't Castor & literally everyone in the Grid pretty much de-rezzed when Sam/Quorra escaped?

Nicholas Cage is literally going through his list of characters he wants to play while he still can at this point.

He already got Dracula checked off. Time to go web-slinging lol

Nicholas Cage is literally going through his list of characters he wants to play while he still can at this point.

He already got Dracula checked off. Time to go web-slinging lol
Nic Cage already voices the character in the Spider-Verse films so it's not like it's an out of left field choice.

Reactions: Wesker69
Rumored obviously, but it sounds like Dreamworks Animation is undergoing a major structural reorg, and will effectively operate as a client studio with a bare-bones internal staff:

I hate to hear it, I feel like animated films and some games are going to just go full AI on everything they can get away with

Happy the new Dreamworks movies trailer got a good response but....sorry for all the people losing jobs