General Movies & TV Thread | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

General Movies & TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Debi Mazar Theres Still Time GIF by YoungerTV

Any one else see Hit Man yet? It's essentially a film about the masks we wear, and when those masks stop being masks. It’s also about how those masks can affect those around us.
Glen Powell hit the jackpot, as his role here is an actor’s wet dream. He gets to show off an astounding range and has a ton of fun while doing so. Even when playing a nerd, Powell is still very hot and very cool. Adria Arjona basically melts the screen whenever she is on. She is so cute, but also unbelievably hot and sexy. You bet meeting and spending time with Ron changes her to degrees. Arjona and Powell work perfectly together, and their chemistry consistently sizzles (You want proof? I point you to the interrogation scene.). Sanjay Rao as Phil and Retta as Claudette shine as Johnson's cop buddies who accompany him on jobs (mostly waiting in disguised stake out vans). Rao and Retta have great back-and-forth/banter and wind up as a pretty great duo in their own right.

The only real complaint is that there aren't really any surprises to be had here (Twists and turns? Sure! But surprises? Not really.). That said, it's a joy in and of itself to watch Glen Powell and Adria Arjona act separately and together. The script by Richard Linklater (who also directs) and Glen Powell (who, according to IMDB is currently co-writing the upcoming Captain Planet film) is sharp, witty, and clever. The true story it's loosely based on is quite interesting.

Hit Man is very sexy, very funny, incredibly entertaining, and pretty darned smart. It's a ton of fun. It handles it's themes involving self and identity with wit and subtlety. Hit Man also acts as an impressive showcase for the acting talents of Glen Powell and Adria Arjona, both of whom easily emerge as true talents. Long story short: Hit Man is an absolute blast.

5 STARS

Furiosa looked incredible but it was too long, not as much high energy as fury road, more like an art film in some ways.
plot was interesting but it drags too much

has anyone watched Ren Faire on hbo max? i love our faire in NY so I gave it a shot. No spoilers, but...i felt gross and icky after part 1, and it just got worse in parts 2 and 3. "king george" needs to be deposed

Reactions: SeventyOne
has anyone watched Ren Faire on hbo max? i love our faire in NY so I gave it a shot. No spoilers, but...i felt gross and icky after part 1, and it just got worse in parts 2 and 3. "king george" needs to be deposed

It's not the most technically well-made doc HBO has ever done but it's so cringey it's like a car wreck, I can't look away. A story with no likeable hero, just different levels of pathetic, in surreal environment on top of surreal environment.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet