George Kalogridis taking over TDO next year | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

George Kalogridis taking over TDO next year

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's been announced. George Kalogridis is now the head of WDW. Michael Colglazier is now the head of DLR. Crofton is still the president of ops for US and France.

Last edited:
Someone may or may not be doing a voice recorded interview about this right now? :look:

Meanwhile, Andrew Hrvatin, a nationally respected theme park blogger from Orlando United.com said he likes Kalogridis’ track record during his recent tenure as president of Disneyland Resort.

“He brings a new life to it and with him being president, I fully expect him to focus on bringing new, exciting additions to all of the Disney Parks within the Orlando area,” Hrvatin said.

Hrvatin believes Kalogridis will need usher in several expansion or renovation projects in the near future to liven up what he called a “stale” resort.

Reactions: Brian G.
To be honest, while Kalogridis kept DLR going smoothly during his tenure, for the most part, he just had to sit back and take credit for everything that was happening. Sure, DCA had a huge year in 2012. Kalogridis had nothing to do with that though. He just kept the resort going the way it was when he took it over... while taking away the cast christmas party along the way. I don't believe that things could possibly get any worse under him, but i'm not going to suddenly get filled with hope either.

To be honest, while Kalogridis kept DLR going smoothly during his tenure, for the most part, he just had to sit back and take credit for everything that was happening. Sure, DCA had a huge year in 2012. Kalogridis had nothing to do with that though. He just kept the resort going the way it was when he took it over... while taking away the cast christmas party along the way. I don't believe that things could possibly get any worse under him, but i'm not going to suddenly get filled with hope either.

This.

This x 1000. No one was fired. No one left the company. We still have largely the same management structure.

From someone inside the company:

George has never rocked the boat once in any of his management tenures. He has always either picked up where the predecessor left off or carried out his bosses' wishes. There is no way that WDW's maintenance plan will be touched.

George is a nice guy but you wouldn't risk putting him in a role that encompassed change management - he doesn't have it in him. He is a good safe pair of hands on calm waters.

So I suppose bashing Disney and its management choices on the news would of been the more mature thing to do?

I am betting they were holding off on a few green lights until this switch was official. The months leading to D23 in August will certainly be interesting this year.

I am betting they were holding off on a few green lights until this switch was official. The months leading to D23 in August will certainly be interesting this year.

Agreed