Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ghost Town – The Curse of Lightning Gulch

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Ghost Town – The Curse of Lightning Gulch

Ghost Town was originally house featured in Horror Nights 14, so this house is a sequel – When lightning strikes, the curse of Lightning Gulch comes to life and this ghostly town appears. These doomed souls—who once went searching for gold—found death and destruction. And now they seek others to join them. As thunder cracks, flashes of lightning will lead your way through this treacherous wild west nightmare. Good luck!

I'm always a little bummed that I missed out on 2004, so I'm excited to finally have the tumors confirmed that this is the "requel" we've been hearing about. Without giving away too much, is there anyone here that saw the house in 2004 that can give a spoiler free impression?

Without giving away too much, is there anyone here that saw the house in 2004 that can give a spoiler free impression?
It's my top house. Does that work?

The original had some ridiculously clever effects and set-ups that I haven't seen really redone since. I know some things have changed compared to what is was, but the original was stellar. If this is half as good it could still be a top house.

The original had some ridiculously clever effects and set-ups that I haven't seen really redone since. I know some things have changed compared to what is was, but the original was stellar. If this is half as good it could still be a top house.
From the description alone I wouldn't have thought too much of this, but based on these comments and other reviews I've seen for the 2004 version, I'm really looking forward to it!

Really looking forward to this. It's not everyday horror is paired up with the Wild West. Sure to have some amazing sets and lighting. They can be so creative with the costuming too. That and I've never been through the original house so it's all new for me

It wasn't one of my favorite houses that year but I'm so looking forward to this. Getting sick of the IPs. Bring back more original HHN concepts.

Ah Ghost Town, I'm really happy this house is getting it's dues to return since it really was the dark horse house of 2004. Great sets, great effects and a simple but effective story which all tied it together nicely.

As Legacy said, even if this house is only half as good as the original, it'll still be a solid house.

Better get used to them. May not like it, but that's what it is gonna be from now on.

While I agree with you, I would hope for a 5/4 divide of IPs to Originals going forward just to add more variety and let A&D flex their creative muscles.

This is probably my most anticipated house as it is the one that put HHN on my radar so many years ago. I never got to see it (and still had to wait another five years to make my first trip down) so having this come back is perfect for me.

My question to insiders or people who have been through is, are there any scares that could not be replicated today due to stricter rules on scareactor placement? For instance, Universal does not really do any scares below waist level and rarely uses bungee scares anymore so were any of those major scares in this house?

My question to insiders or people who have been through is, are there any scares that could not be replicated today due to stricter rules on scareactor placement? For instance, Universal does not really do any scares below waist level and rarely uses bungee scares anymore so were any of those major scares in this house?
Nope. Nothing like that.

I agree.

This is also my top house of all time. There are a few things in there I will never forgot. Without giving those scenes away I can say I remember the acting was top notch and they really gave it their all.

Also I know this might sound corny but this is the house that made realize HHN was something special.

Last edited:
Best house of the year for me, great effin sets! loved the lightning effects.
Pisses me off that we canceled our UMTH tour, about the the no photos, I saw this house and the photo ops.