Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (HHN 33) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
they will literally have to borrow heavily from the other movies, heck....even the first GB house had to borrow ghosts from GB 2016...there was a section of that house that was 2016. i could see the GB 2016 ghosts coming back, theres not enough in frozen empire. i
One ghost, which was a nod, does not mean borrowing.

One ghost, which was a nod, does not mean borrowing.

Agreed, and besides Uncle Sam, the only other ghosts I remember seeing which were from a different movie were the Scoleri Brothers (right after the containment breach). The vast majority of ghosts were from the first film.

Anyways for Frozen Empire, neat! It should give us some different sets, ghosts and whatnot compared to the first, so I'm looking forward to it. The only concern I have is how things will hold up, as 2019's house was great the first three weeks...and then effects started breaking and various scareactors dropped out which did put a damper on things.

Agreed, and besides Uncle Sam, the only other ghosts I remember seeing which were from a different movie were the Scoleri Brothers (right after the containment breach). The vast majority of ghosts were from the first film.

Anyways for Frozen Empire, neat! It should give us some different sets, ghosts and whatnot compared to the first, so I'm looking forward to it. The only concern I have is how things will hold up, as 2019's house was great the first three weeks...and then effects started breaking and various scareactors dropped out which did put a damper on things.

how many ghosts does this new movie have? like 4 types?

I’m gonna say something, and people will probably not agree.

For me, this was the scariest Ghostbusters movie. Garraka is pretty horrifying in design, the scenes that were supposed to be creepy were actually creepy without much comedy, and the stakes did feel really high for the characters (even though they’re always high in Ghostbusters). Sure, maybe it didn’t scare a ton of people in theaters, but when people from the general public walk in and see a weird ice demon with horns coming at them I think it’ll get the job done. I think this one fits better for a house than any other in the franchise. GB2 and Afterlife on their own just don’t have enough material to work with for a single house, although a combo house might have worked for either of them.

Also, the scenes where the city is frozen over have the potential to be really stunning visually. I don’t know about y’all, but I’d rather get a new take on Ghostbusters than do “same story, different layout” with the original film, especially since we only got the first one five years ago.

I thought Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire was enjoyable, despite having a messy script that didn’t elevate the characters or build a new world for the audience.

The HHN house announcement video also felt like there were some script issues. It fell flat for me, but they can’t all be gold. It’s just an advertisement, anyway.

However, they did nail the visuals and I think the character designs and sets could make this an enjoyable house. There’s a least enough there to build a haunted house with, so that’s a good start.

As with all speculation, there’s no way to know how each of us will actually feel about it until we experience it.

Admittedly, I have not seen GB:FE, but the trailer looked like it had some neat visuals.

The worry of too few ghosts/monsters does not really concern me as each house usually only has 10-ish scenes. That and, honestly, Monstruos is advertising four monsters to fill out its house, so when people say there are only four-ish ghosts in GB:FE, it really does not seem all that different to me.

And, finally, the original GB movie was one of my bucket list houses, but I was not a huge fan of the previous GB house. It mostly came down to me feeling it had pacing issues or some strangely constructed scare tactics. Therefore, I do not really care which movie they use, as long as they give me some good sets along with striking a good balance between flow and scare tactics.

Admittedly, I have not seen GB:FE, but the trailer looked like it had some neat visuals.

The worry of too few ghosts/monsters does not really concern me as each house usually only has 10-ish scenes. That and, honestly, Monstruos is advertising four monsters to fill out its house, so when people say there are only four-ish ghosts in GB:FE, it really does not seem all that different to me.

And, finally, the original GB movie was one of my bucket list houses, but I was not a huge fan of the previous GB house. It mostly came down to me feeling it had pacing issues or some strangely constructed scare tactics. Therefore, I do not really care which movie they use, as long as they give me some good sets along with striking a good balance between flow and scare tactics.
what parts of the original house were trouble?

what parts of the original house were trouble?
Messing with the chronology is something that was most apparent in Killer Klowns and Ho1C recently, but before that was usually only done if they were completely reinterpreting the idea as a fever dream or psychological house (The Shining and The Exorcist).

For me, putting scenes out of order doesn’t really matter if it works.

I would say the same about putting them in order if it doesn’t work.

To me, the 2019 Ghostbusters house went in order of the movie, but I would have liked it more if they went out of order as I found the flow weird.

My order would have been Library, Firehouse, Containment Unit, City Streets, Hotel transitioning right into apartment scenes, Keymaster, Rooftop, Stay Puft, Finale.

To me this makes for less jarring transitions which I prefer.

Give Stay Puft a fake hand that reaches out towards guests (see: Knott’s Origins Curse of Calico finale) and remove the two small black wall scares/transitions found in the library and the Firehouse to hotel scenes respectively.

Sorry for the rant.

My point is that I hope the new house will emphasize flow and scares over being meticulously constructed to be a scene by scene book report.

Last edited: