Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wonder if the higher initial returns are do to movies just being 'back' moreso than it was when Afterlife was released or if the heavy use of the OG crew gave it an added bump.

It'll be really interesting to see how it performs and what the future of the franchise holds. I think general populous reaction will be better than the more cynical Internet based one so I could see it going either way.

I would really love to see it do well enough to garner one final film in this Spengler Family trilogy, maybe one somewhat more condensed and less bloated than FE (while I love almost all of the characters, there's just too darn many of them in there). And while I appreciated the new big bad, on second thought Garakka is (plot beat wise) very similar to Gozer so it'd be fun to see them come up with a creative new situation for the GBs to deal with and not strictly a 'super powerful baddie is coming to summon an army of ghosts' bit.

Ghostbusters only needs one more sequel. But if they wanted to do a spin-off with Podcast, like I said before, I'd be happy lol

There's not too many characters when you're dealing with a "team" based movie like this. If the character screen time is balanced, it's a non-issue.

This moving making money is because it was genuinely good. Nothing to do with the "movies being back" (trust me, even with the most popular money making movies, the theaters are still barely getting by. Hence the surge of movie swag to entice people). Sure having original cast back will get people to go see it, but there are surprisingly a lot of people who have yet to see "Afterlife" (and I judge them harshly lol).

Enjoyed the movie, with the major caveat that there are too many characters and the script doesn't know what to do with all them.

Good new villain/mythology, humor mostly works, and I appreciated seeing Aykroyd featured in a significant way; this whole franchise was his brainchild, and it's incredibly evident that he's still really jazzed by it.

Guys.... I just came across the most epic discovery & I'm disappointed in AMC's lack of marketing now.

Apparently, the Slimer popcorn bucket fits into the "Purple capture beam" of the Ghost Trap popcorn bucket!! It's basically a get both & combine them type thing!!!
1000010705.jpg

Someone else tried with their Cinemark Slimer popcorn bucket & that also fits the AMC ghost trap!
1000010707.jpg

AMC needs to restock & start promoting this "capturing Slimer" gimmick! It's too awesome lol

Its a film I thought was good but also don't know if I need to see again

I liked the old cast as secondary characters it works pretty well and like the new lead.....maybe the next film will really grab me but the first two while good films neither one make me feel like I need to rewatch them either

Reactions: Ahmanet