Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So what, it's like USH Mummy to where it is a psuedo dark ride, and then going into the main part of the attraction? If that's the case, color me.... intrigued.
Seeing that Mummy is my favoritest ride ever, and GotG is one of my favoritest (yes its a word for me) series ever.. whoever's doing the coloring, I'm also intrigued.

Reactions: SkiBum
We should probably take this discussion to the actual Guardians thread, but I will say that it's slightly heartening to know that Martin thinks any part of the ride is actually "interesting," knowing how he (correctly) feels about the inappropriate nature of this attraction going where it is.

Reactions: therock and Joel
Would the Gravity Building use something similar to Tron LightCycle Power Run in that screens will be used for various areas?

Most insiders haven't wanted to get comment on what will for sure be happening inside the new building (though several have confirmed what won't be happening in there: show scenes, sets, and animatronics), but it seems likely that we'll be seeing projection mapping, painted flats, cut-outs, and maybe some screen simulation stuff.

Welp, I would not anticipate this ride happening. GotG3 has been put on hold (not pushed back, but on hold) with reports that some of the actors won't return due to Gunn's firing. Honestly, I won't be surprised if this completely changes what this ride will be.

Welp, I would not anticipate this ride happening. GotG3 has been put on hold (not pushed back, but on hold) with reports that some of the actors won't return due to Gunn's firing. Honestly, I won't be surprised if this completely changes what this ride will be.

At this point, it's too late to stop the project, especially with how vertical it is.

And if they already filmed the material, they may just only be able to use that; and not mention anything of James Gunn's involvement (as much as I hate that).

Either that, or they are going to scramble and make the attraction have an original story of the power of energy in the world, and the places that it can take us too.

At this point, it's too late to stop the project, especially with how vertical it is.

And if they already filmed the material, they may just only be able to use that; and not mention anything of James Gunn's involvement (as much as I hate that).

Either that, or they are going to scramble and make the attraction have an original story of the power of energy in the world, and the places that it can take us too.
Apparently, they were to shoot all ride footage with GotG3. My biggest concern is if this franchise doesn't continue, the logic of putting a ride in, when they can't get the actors to make a movie, is strange.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm not sure how they're going to do this attraction anymore. Filming for the attraction was to happen during GOTG3, if that's delayed or even permanently on hold that leaves two options: CGI (a la Gringotts) or reuse footage from M:B.

In the end this is a warning to Disney and everyone: IP isn't a guaranteed success as an attraction, there are many, different risks. Potter just worked because of more than IP.

Apparently, they were to shoot all ride footage with GotG3. My biggest concern is if this franchise doesn't continue, the logic of putting a ride in, when they can't get the actors to make a movie, is strange.

When it was being said of Guardians 3, I believe Gunn and Feige may of mentioned that it was going to be the last one with the current roster (meaning that they would've changed up the cast).

But, that puts the attraction to a further risk; more because of the middleway of the Marvel contract with the Disney parks.

I'm not sure how they're going to do this attraction anymore. Filming for the attraction was to happen during GOTG3, if that's delayed or even permanently on hold that leaves two options: CGI (a la Gringotts) or reuse footage from M:B.

Both of those options sound bad. And that's exactly what I feared in regards to the subject of filming.

Have the Collector (Benicio Del Toro) host it, where you’re attempting to collect some artifact and end up getting saved by the Milano. Or the Nova Corps.

Like it ever really mattered.

In the end this is a warning to Disney and everyone: IP isn't a guaranteed success as an attraction, there are many, different risks. Potter just worked because of more than IP.
Why would they just have to reuse footage from M:B? The GotG have appeared in 3 movies for which I assume there is boatloads of unused footage for.

They still have 3 years and if they absolutely have to, they can push back the ride open. I have no concerns as of now for them getting the ride done as planned.

Once a director is in place things will come together.

I also don't know why Disney is apparently so wedded to the notion that filming for the ride MUST take place during the shooting of VOL. 3. Chris Pratt's a guy who will play ball if you ask him; have him show up in a green/blue-screen soundstage in costume for an afternoon, and that's really all you need. Rocket and Groot can be achieved via sound-alikes if need be, too.