Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This definitely looks like it's a farewell for everyone involved. Somehow i'm way more excited for this movie than the movie with Kang in it.

What I love with the trailer is how dark it..kind of feels like it's going to be. Dealing with mortality and how people and creatures are treated over the course of time (That's the vibes I got from Rocket, Warlock, and High Evolutionary). Would love it if that's how they're going with it.

Reactions: Tobias and belloq87
What I love with the trailer is how dark it..kind of feels like it's going to be. Dealing with mortality and how people and creatures are treated over the course of time (That's the vibes I got from Rocket, Warlock, and High Evolutionary). Would love it if that's how they're going with it.
I get the vibe that maybe Rocket is going to finally accept that he's a Raccoon in this movie and it's going to be oddly emotional :lol:

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
Looks good, not much to say. We dont know much of whats going on but that all good.

Will be interested to see what Adam motives are in the film....if he's just hunting them down....feels like what Thor 4 also set up....so interested in how Adam is handled

Looks good, not much to say. We dont know much of whats going on but that all good.

Will be interested to see what Adam motives are in the film....if he's just hunting them down....feels like what Thor 4 also set up....so interested in how Adam is handled
Based on what James Gunn is saying "On May 5th, we fulfill the promise;", knowing Warlock and Cosmo are in the movie, it's really making me think that the story they told in last year's GotG game is going to be a similar story to the one in this movie. I know it will differ, but so far it has all of the bones to tell a very similar story. The Promise was a big part of the game.

I remember reading Max Landis's Fantastic Four script (at least the few pages he released) and it used "In the Meantime." Can't help but wonder if that was intentional on Gunn's part.

Well, I'm on a Schrödinger's Cat level of Ready/Not Ready for this film. It really does feel like this film is gonna' deliver the hardest emotional punches, especially with this being the last film with this bunch.

I've been sticking with the MCU during Phase Four, but I used to come out of the theater buzzing with excitement from what I saw in the Infinity Saga. Phase Four didn't have much of that aside from No Way Home. This movie however looks like it's going to be absolutely brilliant and heartbreaking - a tone James Gunn seems to be masterful at striking. Given that NWH was a Sony release, this is 100% my most anticipated Disney released Marvel film since Endgame.

Reviews are out and RT scores are lower than hype would have lead to believe from the initial reactions with it at a 78% and on a downward trend currently.

• Sad
Reactions: SeventyOne
Reviews are out and RT scores are lower than hype would have lead to believe from the initial reactions with it at a 78% and on a downward trend currently.
I'm sure it's a good movie, but there are other things I'd rather watch.

I'm one of the few who likes the second one better, to the point where it's quite possibly one of my top three favorite MCU movies.

Come to think of it, a lot of trilogies seem to follow the formula of really good to great first movie, even better second movie, mediocre third movie (Nolan Batman, Raimi Spiderman, Kung Fu Panda, both X-Men trilogies off the top of my head, I know plenty who feel that way about OT Star Wars and Evil Dead, though in both cases I think three is better than one).

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Nowadays this actually sounds like a very good thing. If the critics hate it, that means it will be good. The audience seems to have the completely opposite reaction of the critics nowadays (Ahem, the Mario Movie)

Reactions: Journey_On