Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
Beat me to it lol

If this is Forbidden Forest I wonder if they'll give it the ET smell.

OMG, that would be awesome. Give it a smell so I could feel more immerse into the Harry Potter world. I'll never forget the Banana Breath at Kongfrontation when I was a young kid in the 1990s. You can smell his breath, but feel terrified at the same time was really amazing. :p

What if this really is a hyper coaster? Just throwing that idea out again.
Because hypers have a 54" height requirement and are not family friendly. You can't theme it like you could a smaller family style coaster. it would stick out more than Dragon Challenge in terms of theme/scenery. Also there is already one a few miles down the street.

Reactions: Joel
Glad I got 1 last ride on DC when we went there in April. While I liked this attraction (of course it was better before HP themeing wise), it's always looked out of place in Hogsmeade with the coaster track showing. Looking forward to the new attraction!

General question, if one does want to see more of the Forbidden Forrest, which movie does one watch for Harry Potter?
I'd recommend Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, and Order of the Phoenix as they spend a good amount of time in the Forest. Chamber of Secrets has the spiders in the forest; Prisoner has the hippogriff, dementors, and werewolf in the forest; Order has the centaurs, thestrals, and introduces grawp in the forest. The ride will probably focus more on Chamber of Secrets and Order of the Phoenix

Last edited:
As said before Fallon didn't have concept art either.

When you announce something as big as Potter compared to Fallon one would expect at least one piece of concept art to go with it...

There was no art when Jaws closed.

I don't think this was in response to D23 for a few reasons. First being that these plans have been out there for two years, ever since someone saw them and mistook September 2017 for September 2016 (lol, still chuckle every time I think about that). The second being what @AliciaStella said - they want people to be able to get their last rides in, and a little over a month is pretty standard for what Universal has been doing lately.

How long do you guys think this stays express-less? Something like the original HP rides, or more like Kong?

I don't think this was in response to D23 for a few reasons. First being that these plans have been out there for two years, ever since someone saw them and mistook September 2017 for September 2016 (lol, still chuckle every time I think about that). The second being what @AliciaStella said - they want people to be able to get their last rides in, and a little over a month is pretty standard for what Universal has been doing lately.

How long do you guys think this stays express-less? Something like the original HP rides, or more like Kong?

We have proof Universal is watching the reactions to D23 announcements very closely and are making plans and adjustments.

I get the feeling this is earlier than normal to announce the closure and a date for last rides because we're running into HHN season.

We have proof Universal is watching the reactions to D23 announcements very closely and are making plans and adjustments.

I get the feeling this is earlier than normal to announce the closure and a date for last rides because we're running into HHN season.
The announcement was also very plain jane too. Basically, this is your reason to come to Universal after you do SW:GE :lol:

The only reason I think it's reactionary in a sense is because a lot of times we get a closing announcement from Universal, but they won't announce what they're building until it's halfway done. They announced this with no concept art, no name, nothing but a few bullet points about how awesome it will be.

I just think it will be funny if this does turn out to be a motor bike style coaster with great theming and beats Tron to the punch by two years.
That would certainly take a lot of the hype away from Tron. Especially since Tron has very little on-ride theming.

The thing about a motor bike coaster though is the reason most are fairly short is because it's not that comfortable to ride in that position so if they were to do one with show scenes where the ride was longer... I could see it getting mixed reviews simply from a lack of comfort.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
I've only been on one motor bike style coaster and it was really uncomfortable and would not accommodate many body shapes. The idea of adding a side car though makes it more forgiving for kids and larger people.

Would there be a separate walk through area even more so than the Hogwarts tour in Forbidden Journey for people who can't ride and would feel like the forbidden forest with spell casting opportunities and would showcase the creatures from the ride and some others that did not make the cut? Or would it just be part of the queue?

The announcement was also very plain jane too. Basically, this is your reason to come to Universal after you do SW:GE :lol:

The only reason I think it's reactionary in a sense is because a lot of times we get a closing announcement from Universal, but they won't announce what they're building until it's halfway done. They announced this with no concept art, no name, nothing but a few bullet points about how awesome it will be.
It seems like this is more an announcement of the closing of DC. I think maybe they figured everyone would immediately know that it meant a new HP attraction anyway so might as well say it. Also they did say that more HP news was coming (presumably this) prior to D23. It does seem reactionary, but I think it's possible it was planned well beforehand.

D.C. Was also a huge people eater, with rarely a long line. I hope whatever replaces it, can do the same. Part of the reason I liked riding it so much, is that I could ride it over and over with barely any wait.

It seems like this is more an announcement of the closing of DC. I think maybe they figured everyone would immediately know that it meant a new HP attraction anyway so might as well say it. Also they did say that more HP news was coming (presumably this) prior to D23. It does seem reactionary, but I think it's possible it was planned well beforehand.

Yeah, I think Universal decided to wait until the whole thing blew over after the D23. The fact they announced the new HP attraction at the former DC site after the Comic Con seems so surprising as well, but understandable. Probably because they want the fans to keep focusing what they're doing and draw away attention from its competitor for weeks or months.

Status
Not open for further replies.