Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I have been wondering is whether or not the coaster will be grabbed by brakes or what-not on that steep incline. It would seem fruitless to just glide up and glide right back out. A hold would be super cool.
There will be breaks. Whether they're there just to slow us down so we don't fly completely off the end, or to stop and hold us, I do not yet know... But if track switches on rides have taught me anything, it's that you need a break stop to make sure the coaster doesn't go until the track switch is 100% complete and verified... So that may be your answer. ;)

Alicia, it appears that you changed your mind from a month ago about the coaster start and coaster end. Your tweet now has it starting on the western (red) side of the building instead of the southern (blue) side.

So, I'm curious again about the landing area of the backwards section... it looks to be underground / underwater? Is it a cave, a creature lair, underwater, a hole in the ground...?

Last edited:
They wouldn’t put the Room of Requirement in this ride would they? I mean, it is way out of storyline.
That's where we board our flying benches on Forbidden Journey, hence the mirrored walls.

EDIT: From wikipedia:

Station
Next, riders board an enchanted bench inside the Room of Requirement, which lifts off the ground and through the Floo Network for a journey with Harry.

So, I'm curious again about the landing area of the backwards section... it looks to be underground / underwater? Is it a cave, a creature lair, underwater, a hole in the ground...?

Btw, could the "structure" we climb and from where we come down backwards be... The Whomping Willow? I wouldn't mind that. I know we have it on FJ, but it might be worth the clone.

This project seemed to have long delays before it finally got started. Anyone know why?
I don’t think there were any delays. How do you mean? They only closed Dragon Challenge like 8 months ago and dismantled it, rerouted drainage, gutted a building, installed footers and supports, and laid foundation for a new show building. I’d say this thing is moving right along.

I’m also very excited to see load/unload track in place inside the building too (thanks to bio’s pics!)

Or do you mean cause we heard so far in advance they were planning to close DC for a new ride but it was like 2 years later? I think just like Diagon’s MoM expansion, this was always on the table for a Hogsmeade expansion. It was just a matter of them being ready to pull the trigger. (Maybe they needed to raise enough money from Butterbeer sales before starting.) Probably decided it was more important to retrack Hulk first, for whatever reason, (likely to stay well within Marvel’s contractual requirement to keep the rides and land up to a high standard after Disney took over.)

I don’t think there were any delays. How do you mean? They only closed Dragon Challenge like 8 months ago and dismantled it, rerouted drainage, gutted a building, installed footers and supports, and laid foundation for a new show building. I’d say this thing is moving right along.

I’m also very excited to see load/unload track in place inside the building too (thanks to bio’s pics!)

Or do you mean cause we heard so far in advance they were planning to close DC for a new ride but it was like 2 years later? I think just like Diagon’s MoM expansion, this was always on the table for a Hogsmeade expansion. It was just a matter of them being ready to pull the trigger. (Maybe they needed to raise enough money from Butterbeer sales before starting.) Probably decided it was more important to retrack Hulk first, for whatever reason, (likely to stay well within Marvel’s contractual requirement to keep the rides and land up to a high standard after Disney took over.)
It was the latter. Thanks.

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.