Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 653 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things-

One, it’s not a big enough deal to really discuss.
Two, it wasn’t supposed to get brought up or alluded to in the first place (as in, would this be a discussion if there was never an implication that someone was wrong?).
I think we would have noticed that the trains haven’t been running for over a week now. That’s a pretty clear indication to me that somethings up.

With what's happening in JP, did they remove the ticket entry system for Hogsmeade? I'm sure they'll need it this summer just in case.
Hogsmeade is nearly always crowded, even 9 years later. Even with the large capacity Hagrid will probably have, that's going to bring a ton more people to Hogsmeade common areas. DC was usually dead so that rarely pulled many people back that way. I'm surprised more haven't commented on how crowded this area will probably become once the coaster opens and the Dark Arts show debuts. It could end up looking like 2010 all over again. Maybe the entry system will be needed for the summer.

Hogsmeade is nearly always crowded, even 9 years later. Even with the large capacity Hagrid will probably have, that's going to bring a ton more people to Hogsmeade common areas. DC was usually dead so that rarely pulled many people back that way. I'm surprised more haven't commented on how crowded this area will probably become once the coaster opens and the Dark Arts show debuts. It could end up looking like 2010 all over again. Maybe the entry system will be needed for the summer.

Maybe needed... the first couple days especially with the bridge being down. With the land being the most popular area + a new amazing ride it'll definitely be very crowded.

Yeah, it's basically in the worst location possible for crowd control. Going to be interested to see how access to the ride or land will be handled.

It's also interesting that we haven't heard a word about virtual line. People aren't buying Butterbeers or Hagrid merchandise while waiting 6 hours in line for this thing.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah, it's basically in the worst location possible for crowd control. Going to be interested to see how access to the ride or land will be handled.

It's also interesting that we haven't heard a word about virtual line. People aren't buying Butterbeers or Hagrid merchandise while waiting 6 hours in line for this thing.

No need for a virtual line. This thing is a capacity monster.

Seems like Universal has backed off the virtual line concept....which is good. They tried it on a few rides like DM & PF before they opened Race Through NY. DM experiment only lasted a few weeks and PF is no more. F&F rarely uses the Virtual, but that may be mostly since not many want to ride it. In my opinion the Virtual Line works with Fallon due to the unique queue and Ragtime Gals/Panda/etc. entertainment in a common area. It doesn't seem to fit well with regular queues, plus it's a pain in the rear for theme park touring, especially if you're not spending 10-12 hours in the park that day, and you're just stepping in the park for a few hours. It becomes a pain, like WDW dinner reservations, where you have to plan everything around that virtual line time.

Seems like Universal has backed off the virtual line concept....which is good. They tried it on a few rides like DM & PF before they opened Race Through NY. DM experiment only lasted a few weeks and PF is no more. F&F rarely uses the Virtual, but that may be mostly since not many want to ride it. In my opinion the Virtual Line works with Fallon due to the unique queue and Ragtime Gals/Panda/etc. entertainment in a common area. It doesn't seem to fit well with regular queues, plus it's a pain in the rear for theme park touring, especially if you're not spending 10-12 hours in the park that day, and you're just stepping in the park for a few hours. It becomes a pain, like WDW dinner reservations, where you have to plan everything around that virtual line time.

Right, this wouldn't fit the Fallon model. It'd be more a short term measure in place to keep people from waiting 4 hours in line. It probably doesn't make sense for Hagrids in 5 years. But because you don't want to restrict access to all of Hogsmeade necessarily, some kind of crowd control for Hagrid specifically makes sense.

I think some version of the Tapu Tapu model is where Universal is headed. They've seen with guest surveys and cash flow that things go better when people aren't waiting in long lines. Hagrid may not be ready for it, but keep an eye out down the street I bet.

Right, this wouldn't fit the Fallon model. It'd be more a short term measure in place to keep people from waiting 4 hours in line. It probably doesn't make sense for Hagrids in 5 years. But because you don't want to restrict access to all of Hogsmeade necessarily, some kind of crowd control for Hagrid specifically makes sense.

I think some version of the Tapu Tapu model is where Universal is headed. They've seen with guest surveys and cash flow that things go better when people aren't waiting in long lines. Hagrid may not be ready for it, but keep an eye out down the street I bet.

Tapu Tapu has not worked out as great as Uni thought it would. The payment part of it is amazing, but the ride reservation issue is a bit troubling. Virtual Lines only work for rides like Fallon and Pteranadon Flyers where capacity is an issue. If every ride at Universal was a virtual line, the park's pathways will be overcrowded. Hogsmeade is crowded any given day, add virtual line for Hagrid and you just have even more people walking around waiting for their time.

Tapu Tapu has not worked out as great as Uni thought it would. The payment part of it is amazing, but the ride reservation issue is a bit troubling. Virtual Lines only work for rides like Fallon and Pteranadon Flyers where capacity is an issue. If every ride at Universal was a virtual line, the park's pathways will be overcrowded. Hogsmeade is crowded any given day, add virtual line for Hagrid and you just have even more people walking around waiting for their time.

Volcano Bay is absolutely crushing the other parks in terms of guest satisfaction. It has had a miraculous recovery from those early days. There's enough to do in IOA, let lone taking the Express now to USF, that people would be able to fill 3 hours. And they'd spend more money, and be happier, than waiting 4 hours in the Florida summer heat. Especially without Express or Early Access in the early stages, a reservation system could easily work.

Status
Not open for further replies.