Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 182 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very random, but I truly hope that taking down DC was something that was "necessary"--meaning, I hope that they couldn't have just easily dueled it again.

Regardless, I'm hoping for some killer good effects on this new coaster. Simulating going under water would be great. :)

Reactions: tankart150
Very random, but I truly hope that taking down DC was something that was "necessary"--meaning, I hope that they couldn't have just easily dueled it again.

Regardless, I'm hoping for some killer good effects on this new coaster. Simulating going under water would be great. :)
It was necessary from an aesthetic, guest satisfaction, branding, and cohesion perspective

It was never going to duel again due to the safety issue that resulted in someone basically losing the rest of their sight

Even with a paint job, it would have never have fit in with Hogsmede

It literally had a 15 - 20 minute line even during peak season

It really wasn't that great of a coaster

Those are a couple of reasons I would say it needed to be taken away...It was a move that, while painful, made complete sense to me

It was necessary from an aesthetic, guest satisfaction, branding, and cohesion perspective

It was never going to duel again due to the safety issue that resulted in someone basically losing the rest of their sight

Those are a couple of reasons I would say it needed to be taken away...It was a move that, while painful, made complete sense to me

Can totally understand/agree with everything besides this. Didn't know it was that serious an incident. :(

It was a pretty bad incident...It caused the metal detectors on all coasters

And I can't in good conscious say that DD was a great invert when Montu is and hour and a half away haha

Fire Dragon was one of the best inverts around. Montu before it had its MCBR cranked up was better, but after that, Fire was the clear winner.

Where is the unlike button. It sucks that someone was injured, the rest of this comment is pure opinion. A bad one at that.

Fail.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Where is the unlike button. It sucks that someone was injured, the rest of this comment is pure opinion. A bad one at that.

Fail.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Actually I agree with him on most parts (the 15-20 minute waits is a fact, not an opinion. Heck, most of the time it didn't even get 10 minutes...). The whole design was built around dueling and without it, the coasters lost at least 50% of the thrill factor. Also, for whatever reason, it seemed to be slowly falling apart (there was a LOT of nightly welding going on)

it had a 15-20 min wait because it was a people eater, and the queue was designed extremely well. It's not because it "wasn't popular" with guests.

I won't argue that the coaster lost a little of it's luster, once it stopped dueling, and the queue was dismantled to be loosely themed to Harry Potter.

It was still a lot of fun to ride, and one of the few truly thrilling coasters in Orlando.

It will be missed, but I've over it now.

Bring on Potter Family Indoor Outdoor Motobike Backward Launch Drop Coaster or whatever...

Last edited:
Actually I agree with him on most parts (the 15-20 minute waits is a fact, not an opinion. Heck, most of the time it didn't even get 10 minutes...). The whole design was built around dueling and without it, the coasters lost at least 50% of the thrill factor. Also, for whatever reason, it seemed to be slowly falling apart (there was a LOT of nightly welding going on)

I would imagine queue time was more related to its ability to eat almost 4000 people an hour (theoretically).

Status
Not open for further replies.