Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think so but that’s another discussion for a different topic. Either way - I’m by no means a fan of Trump, but this attraction is harmless. (Although the AA is rough)
The AA is meant to be seen from afar unlike Tussauds, which is part of why it looks so bad imo. Not really defending the bad look, but I think Disney went for the same design with Obama's AA as he didn't look so great either.

Point being, from afar, the AA's look just about spot on. It's when you get a camera and zoom in that you see how bad it is.

The Tussauds thing was funny but this is really an apples and oranges thing and they were just trying to get some publicity for themselves.

It's way easier to make a statue that doesn't move than something that is meant to convey a real breathing human being that you have seen many many times in your life. I think the majority of the issues are due to the amount of flexibility the face and neck have to offer. This certainly far from their best work, but from the non-zoomed in videos it doesn't look completely horrible.

It would be interesting to see what the sculpture created to make the mask actually looks like. I have a feeling that probably looks really great.

The AA is meant to be seen from afar unlike Tussauds, which is part of why it looks so bad imo. Not really defending the bad look, but I think Disney went for the same design with Obama's AA as he didn't look so great either.

Point being, from afar, the AA's look just about spot on. It's when you get a camera and zoom in that you see how bad it is.

The thing is, the other presidents surrounding Trump look absolutely fine in close up photos. They actually look somewhat life like even. Trump's face looks like it's been stretched or melted. It doesn't look that human to me. Then again...

The thing is, the other presidents surrounding Trump look absolutely fine in close up photos. They actually look somewhat life like even. Trump's face looks like it's been stretched or melted. It doesn't look that human to me. Then again...
Yep, I’ve walked around on that stage and even up close most of them look very real. I would say better than Madame Tussauds. So while it may not be noticeable from the distance when seated in the audience, it’s a shame to see that attention to detail that Disney used to be so well known for slip away. I think what it comes down to is it’s good enough to work for the show but they stoopped to the bare minimum level to make it work. At least they didn’t use a screen for his face.:lol:

Remember, the MK has millions of foreign guests who do not really know the American presidents or some of its history. It's a cool attraction.

And they would be bored out of their minds in HoP.

I will say until I was in the HoP waiting room, I had no idea there were more than 5 U.S. guests in the entire MK. Completely different crowd than the rest of the park.

I would imagine most of the guests now are Season Pass holders and Die hard Trump Supporters. Like I said earlier, it's highly doubtful this is a "re-ride" every visit attraction. It will eventually go back to nap time the ride. I can't imagine even the most die hard Trump fans, will want to sit through the attraction multiple times.

I would imagine most of the guests now are Season Pass holders and Die hard Trump Supporters. Like I said earlier, it's highly doubtful this is a "re-ride" every visit attraction. It will eventually go back to nap time the ride. I can't imagine even the most die hard Trump fans, will want to sit through the attraction multiple times.

Ehh, I think most die-hard Trump supporters hate Disney and avoid the parks.

I think the blockouts for some of the passes started the same day this opened.

If i'm not mistaken, the same person did the sculpting for the attractions AAs going back to the World's fair days until Bush 43... he left the company after that. Both subsequent presidents have looked pretty bad since his departure. I wish I could come up with the name, but I was just reading about him.

LMAO, what a fallacy.

If you look at articles about Disney on Fox News or Breitbart, a lot of the comments will say something to the tune of “Disney hates American values; never spending another hard earned dime on them ever again.” Of course, this isn’t true for all Trump supporters, of whom I’m sure there are many who still like going to the Magic Kingdom. It’s just a general consensus I’ve noticed.

If you look at articles about Disney on Fox News or Breitbart, a lot of the comments will say something to the tune of “Disney hates American values; never spending another hard earned dime on them ever again.” Of course, this isn’t true for all Trump supporters, of whom I’m sure there are many who still like going to the Magic Kingdom. It’s just a general consensus I’ve noticed.

Maybe the Disney of today (just like nearly all of the entertainment industry) leans extremely left but Walt was a republican, hated communists, unions and believed those in Hollywood where out to get him.Not going to drag this on.

Last edited:
Pretty sure every extreme has a volatile opinion on a fairly sanitized and moderate company like Disney, so it's roughly unimportant in the grand scheme of things. WDW definitely hosts families of Republican and Democrats alike, so let's not go there exactly. HoP is taking in the Christmas rush and soaking up the controversy that there may be.

Maybe the Disney of today (just like nearly all of the entertainment industry) leans extremely left but Walt was a republican, hated communists, unions and believed those in Hollywood where out to get him.Not going to drag this on.

Walt was also very much a globalist. Just sayin’.

Here's the most adorable take on the new Trump animatronic. (Watch to the end.)

This had me dying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.