Hall of Presidents | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Hall of Presidents

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me make sure I understand the situation. Traditionally Disney is pretty hands on with the administration when it comes to the speech and attraction, but the Drumpf administration wants to have complete control over the speech, and is causing a hold-up for the attraction?
That was what Vice reported, which Disney denied today (specifically naming Vice in their comment).

This is exactly why this show shouldn't exist in 2017. It's propaganda, period. It conveniently ignores moments of great tragedy in American history. It idealises horrible people that shouldn't be celebrated. Among those figures there's slave owners, sexual predators, traitors, people that have bombed innocent children... This show should stop once and for all.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:violin:

Let me make sure I understand the situation. Traditionally Disney is pretty hands on with the administration when it comes to the speech and attraction, but the Drumpf administration wants to have complete control over the speech, and is causing a hold-up for the attraction?
His name is Trump. Why throw in stupid political digs that are completely unnecessary? It makes me overlook your entire post. Can people really not control themselves? Are people this immature? How many times do the mods need to say shut up with the political BS.

Not trying to defend that user, but just a little background on the Drumpf Chrome extenion:

Last Week Tonight released a Chrome extension that replaces the word Trump with Drumpf on websites. I've never used it, but there was a journliast a while back that was using the Chrome extension and accidentally replaced Trump with Drumpf in their article. I assume similar things can happen especially if you forget you have the extension on.

Both sides need to cool it. For those that don't like Trump, you can still contribute to this conversation without adding in unnecessary digs. And for the other side, stop getting so defensive over certain things. It's not like it's not obvious that Trump has been a very polarizing figure for the last 2 years or so.

If you guys want this thread to stay open, learn how to play nice.

How is that ruining though? The president never spoke until 1993. If anything, the show would return to status quo.
I'm with Nick here- the versions since 93 have all been superior. Moreso, a president didn't speak for the fist 22 years- but for the last 24 years a president has spoken. So if there is a "status quo", it would certainly be to continue speaking.

Also, the versions since the Washington/Lincoln version have all been FAR superior, even though every speaking president in that time has been booed. One side is always going to hate that the other won and there's no changing that.

But all of this is a non-issue now. He is speaking. Maybe we can talk about the new sound systems and SCREENZ that Disney is getting. Flight of Passage, Ratatouille, and now Hall of Presidents. Screenz are more contagious than herpes.

They should just close it down by 2020. It really has no place in a park that's all about escaping the real world.

Reactions: jseal777
They should just close it down by 2020. It really has no place in a park that's all about escaping the real world.
Or move it to Epcot- I actually like that idea. Of course... then there's the beginning of the end to Liberty Square- It'd either A) Be replaced with an IP or B) Be replaced with absolutely nothing.

Or move it to Epcot- I actually like that idea. Of course... then there's the beginning of the end to Liberty Square- It'd either A) Be replaced with an IP or B) Be replaced with absolutely nothing.
Epcot has The American Adventure.

IMO, both attractions are great, but both are great on their own. If the two attractions were side-by-side, it would be monotonous. The American Adventure is also much more impressive imo.

Reactions: Andysol
I feel like Trump will follow Disney's orders. Regardless if you like him, you can't deny his ego is YUGE, and any press is good press to him. I'm sure he'd rather speak Disney's script than not speak at all.

Reactions: Andysol
I'm sure there was many rounds of iterations with Obama, Bush + Clinton. I think it's just the timetable that makes this look more suspicious. The current administration hasn't done recording as quickly as the others and it's now becoming suspicious.

On a quick aside about Vice: As a new-agey, tech-startup-wannabe news organization, I'm shocked they don't do postmortems on stories they retract. In the tech world, when something breaks publicly, the company releases a full public report about what broke, what the fix was, what the process to fix along with how it worked/broke, and what they're changing to avoid issues in the future. I wish Vice would do that.

Maybe I am just fearing the worst in this, but I feel like with Trump we'd have more than boos. Obama himself has started fights here and there.
If that's the case, they get booted out of the park. It sucked when Dueling Dragons had to get rid of the dueling aspect due to people throwing shoes, I don't want Disney having to do something like that to an attraction with such a decent amount of significance behind it. Disney will probably have to make sure people are aware of a strict ejection from the park policy depending on how they react.

Putting all views aside, the ride is about the position of president and not the president themself. I think the aspect of having the active president speak has been a cool concept that really adds something to the ride. I've loved Obama's version and I still regardless of view points wanna see them continue the tradition.

Them shutting off the president speaking would be a statement in itself when them doing so was a precedent they set back in 1993.

Reactions: Nick
I have the feeling Disney isn't worried about crowds or security at the attraction.

In the absolute worst case, I think Disney is worried about a possible Blackfish. There's a perception that Blackfish single-handedly took down SeaWorld. (I think it's one of the factors, but not the entire reason). That means that there's public proof that a large protest can erupt into a PR nightmare and severely hurt a company. Somebody at Disney has to be worried about this, as irrational as it is for a company the size of Disney.

I've heard that they are just going to use the audio from the Billy Bush interview.

I see Disney's quandary of glorifying an admitted sexual molester and proud philanderer.

If Donald Trump drove my daughter's school bus, I would uber her to school everyday.
However truthful the things you are saying may be, the topic here is not Donald Trump, but a theme park attraction that just happens that he will be featured in for the next few years.

Let's hold back on the attacks for everyone's sanity. And that's both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.