Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Um.. I found this on Horror Night Nightmares.. take this with enough salt to properly flavor a basket of french fries as a lot of it doesn't match up with spec and new spec restrictions..

Mazes

1:The Curse of La Llarona

2: Stranger Things 2

3. Child's Play (Will also be the tram theme)

4. Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

5. Horrors of Blumhouse 3 (Feat. Us, Happy Death Day 2U)

6. Halloween (2018)

7: Original Property (it will be in the similar vain of last years original property)

Scare Zones:

Gauntlet

Killer Klownz

Hell Fest (Will be IP related)
sorry, but that was a speculation lineup.

Alright, so for both Orlando and Hollywood, an "out of left field" property is strongly rumored. I don't think it's Suspiria, since Legacy said he hasn't heard this property speculated in years.

Do you think they could potentially combine elements from both the original and remake if it's Suspiria? Just like how in 2017's The Shining maze they used the design of the bathtub woman from the TV reboot?

So if it is Suspiria then that means we have:

- Stranger Things 2
- Haunting of Hill House
- Suspiria
- Holidayz in Hell
- Universal Monsters
- Blumhouse
- ?

Pretty good lineup

Last edited:
Reactions: Guygas
For a hot second, I was thinking the out of left field property could be Creepshow, given it's also getting a TV show later this year, but alas, Creepshow is Warner Bros.

If Suspiria is coming I really hope they don’t make Mother Markos or Sara’s corpse to this maze like Pigman was to AHS Roanoke

I mean, I'm pretty sure they'd deck the maze out with Pavlo and Madame Blanc most of all. I honestly don't think we'll be seeing much of Markos outside of a Pepper's Ghost effect.

I mean, I'm pretty sure they'd deck the maze out with Pavlo and Madame Blanc most of all. I honestly don't think we'll be seeing much of Markos outside of a Pepper's Ghost effect.

Hopefully they include her more than that since her lair is bound to be a scene. If there’s any maze that can’t have a lot of black walls it’s Suspiria. It’s literally mostly known for its colors

Edit - If they do include the remake I really hope they include the Olga scene and Volk music. If this actually comes it’s already my most anticipated(but I’m not gonna but it just yet since the last maze I said that about got turned into Titans of Terror)

2/28 Q&A Info:
- Murdy has a particularly favorite facade this year.

- Murdy describes how this year is shaping up to be different

- "Well you know...I can't comment on rumors...other than to file the names of rumor-mongers away for future reference" in response to Tram not coming back.

- "Definitely some unconventional ones" in response if there will be some funhouse/wacky/silly maze this year

- The Hedge Maze in the Shining was a lot larger and more detailed

- Murdy is doing a maze that he has been wanting to do for awhile.

- There will be a Effects Heavy Maze this year like Exorcist/Poltergeist

- There are some old horror movies that will be mazes this year

- Possibly that one of the mazes this year will have a original ending.

- They have the location SS29 as a location to use for a maze.

- There will be a Maze in the Parisian Courtyard this year

- There will be a New Type of Scare this year that they are very focused on.

- There will be a Soundstage maze this year.

- Murdy would love to add more Scare Zone locations but it's a matter of Budget.

- Murdy says he has designed a couple original mazes and it depends on the lineup if they happen.

- "Sooner than you might think (though I have no idea what you think is soon)" for Maze announcements.

- There will be only 1 Soundstage maze this year as other soundstages aren't available to them.

- Murdy would love to finish the Alice Cooper trilogy.

- "I'd obviously love that since it was a major passion project for me" in response to "Universal monsters mazes are so iconic is there any chance we could get another"

- Murdy can't do AHS again due to Fox/Disney

- "You'll have to wait and see. I'm always looking for those" in response to "Might there be another maze this year with music created by a famous artist/band?"

- "Some I've always wanted to do" in response to "Any mazes that have been on your top requested list that are coming this year?"

- This will not be Murdy's last year of HHN

- "I check out a lot of their properties. They do good stuff" in response to do doing other Netflix properties than just Stranger Things

- The Maze Property Murdy is writing right now is one of his all time favorites.

Im really curious to know the special heavy effects maze. I wonder if its related to the cult classic maze. Any thoughts on what this could be?

I’d be fine with Jaws as a maze but it’d be such a weird pick over some other properties.

Edit - Anyone see Murdy’s tweet about checking the children from his personal account? That seemed to be a big hint for When a Stranger Calls or Black Christmas

Reactions: Horror Lover
Edit - Anyone see Murdy’s tweet about checking the children from his personal account? That seemed to be a big hint for When a Stranger Calls or Black Christmas
Pretty sure it's a Chain of Tweets about him arguing with himself and talking about Dylan Minnette. I don't think it has anything to do with HHN.

Quick thought vis-a-vis the curveball property:

What if it's Audition?
I have no evidence for this besides my idle, crazy speculation, but it does kinda feel like Twin Peaks with that insane dream sequence before the torture scene. Obviously, the torture scene is the finale, there'll be a black gauntlet with "kiri kiri kiri" playing over it at the end.

Beginning scene and facade can be the Bag-apartment with a vomiting Asami, then off to the ballet studio with a facade, headless corpse, and Asami; and the Restaurant with the chopped pieces and tongue and Asami; then the finale at the house. There's the dead dog from Halloween 4, the staircase from Trick R Treat, Asami with a syringe and spray-bottle, and maybe dead Rokyo standing in the window.

As long as they cut out the, ahem, stepfather parts, it should be golden.