Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn’t get my hopes up for an announcement this week. Even if the Halloween trailer is dropping. When it comes to announcements, John is very open about when we’ll get them. I don’t believe we’ll get an announcement until the end of June, maybe not even until July

Last edited:
I wouldn’t get my hopes up for an announcement this week. Even if the Halloween trailer is dropping. When it comes to announcements, John is very open about when we’ll get them. I don’t believe we’ll get an announcement until the end of June, maybe not even until July

One alternative is that we see the Halloween maze being announced towards August, sort of to remind people that there's a movie coming out in October. IIRC, Dracula Untold back in 2014 was announced pretty close to the event in order to tie-in with the movie's release. Ditto with last year's mazes, with HoB, Insidious and Jigsaw all announced around August in order to raise awareness for the movie.

In terms of what announcements we'll see soon, this popped up on Twitter:

...so, UCM coming soon?

Reactions: horrornights789
One alternative is that we see the Halloween maze being announced towards August, sort of to remind people that there's a movie coming out in October. IIRC, Dracula Untold back in 2014 was announced pretty close to the event in order to tie-in with the movie's release. Ditto with last year's mazes, with HoB, Insidious and Jigsaw all announced around August in order to raise awareness for the movie.

In terms of what announcements we'll see soon, this popped up on Twitter:

...so, UCM coming soon?

So maybe UCM, then AHS, Thing, or Halloween, then the other 2, and then IT since it’ll be one of the main ticket drivers

Unrelated but with the images released for Halloween it’s now one of my most anticipated - gonna be a really terrifying maze with how creepy Micheal looks now

I mean if they wanted to keep the hype train going, in regards to announcements, it would be understandable to have IT be the next announcement, but I feel like they're waiting for that one to be in the middle of the remaining ones. I would've assumed UCM would have been the final announcement, as it would be, at least in Murdy's eyes, the "big build-up" maze for 2018 announcements. Plus it would give him the chance to explain to everyone about what it really is, since I know there'll be confusion when it gets announced and such. My bet is either The Thing or AHS being this month's announcement.

Anybody bring a deck of cards?
200.gif

Right behind you.

__

Just so that things are clear, as Murdy say's, don't expect an announcement soon. And that if Orlando announces anything in the next week, do not think that it's coming to Hollywood as-well.

When Backlot construction starts then things will get pretty obvious(aside from AHS since the facade won’t say what specific season for a while). Wonder why they’re not gonna announce The Thing on its anniversary

Are you guys talking about that small building between WW and DreamWorks? Will we have another indoor house?

I know Murdy said on Twitter, Stranger things was the only SS maze, but part of me wishes that he was just saying that as a pleasant lie! I really wish we had another one, preferably for IT.