Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Got sent a survey from USH about HHN. While I can't divulge the contents (and to be honest, it's nothing very unusual), I can say that in the "other suggestions" area, amoung other things, I really tried to push for them offering a daytime, behind the scenes tour. Orlando already does this with the "Behind the Screams: Unmasking the Horror" tour... why can't we?

I, for one, am dying to get a closer look at Universal Monsters, hear about the details, and get to take pics. Who's with me? :D

Got sent a survey from USH about HHN. While I can't divulge the contents (and to be honest, it's nothing very unusual), I can say that in the "other suggestions" area, amoung other things, I really tried to push for them offering a daytime, behind the scenes tour. Orlando already does this with the "Behind the Screams: Unmasking the Horror" tour... why can't we?

I, for one, am dying to get a closer look at Universal Monsters, hear about the details, and get to take pics. Who's with me? :D
To be fair, other than Monsters and maybe Stranger Things, there isn't much to show for a behind the scenes other than the black walls.

Reactions: Horror Lover
To be fair, other than Monsters and maybe Stranger Things, there isn't much to show for a behind the scenes other than the black walls.

Yeah, there's plenty of stuff to see in Stranger Things and Monsters... but the only other maze really worth checking out is Poltergeist for the special effects/puppets of it all. Purge, Blumhouse, & Trick r Treat don't have enough to really look at... Halloween 4 looks nice but isn't especially interesting.

I have actually thought Poltergeist would be cool as well. And Stranger Things. But logistically, those 3 mazes (including UM) are about as far apart as you can get. :/

Reactions: chris.g
I have actually thought Poltergeist would be cool as well. And Stranger Things. But logistically, those 3 mazes (including UM) are about as far apart as you can get. :/

I mean, I'd run it like this:
  • Start at VIP check-in lounge for check-in/grouping
  • Board a VIP studio carriage for the journey down to Poltergeist
  • Tour Poltergeist + walk through Holidayz in Hell for photo opportunities
  • Reboard VIP carriage, travel to Stranger Things
  • Tour Stranger Things
  • Reboard VIP carriage back to Upper Lot, travel to Universal Monsters
  • Tour Universal Monsters
  • Wrap up at current RIP/French Street site for brunch and existing Stranger Things photo opportunities; perhaps toss in makeup demo
Three questions remain:
  • Would the intellectual property holders allow for photography? (This is prohibited in Orlando, but photos and videos without flash are prohibited during the actual event, unlike Orlando.)
  • Would this tour conflict too much with the existing RIP tour/cannibalize sales from either?
  • Is there a real audience for this? Hollywood absolutely has a smaller population of Frequent Fear passholders/repeat visitors than Orlando does; two different clienteles.

I mean, I'd run it like this:
  • Is there a real audience for this? Hollywood absolutely has a smaller population of Frequent Fear passholders/repeat visitors than Orlando does; two different clienteles.
That right there blows my mind. You would think it's the other way around because it's smack in the middle of LA, surrounded by a gazillion neighborhoods, while Orlando is far more "isolated".

That right there blows my mind. You would think it's the other way around because it's smack in the middle of LA, surrounded by a gazillion neighborhoods, while Orlando is far more "isolated".

Los Angeles has more entertainment options beyond theme parks. Orlando's economy is centered on theme parks, and its Halloween event attracts significant amounts of international visitors coming primarily for the event.

I originally was going to say I don't think it is Universal related, but I do remember him tweeting this project was HHN related.

EDIT: He tweeted it has nothing to do with HHN. I know a while ago he mentioned he had been approached by a producer for a TV project.

All ready for my annual trip to HHN tomorrow, 10/4! Then checking out WB on 10/5! I'm in the midst of moving, but I have been making this trip since HHN Hollywood came back in 2006 and have not missed a year yet, and I'm not going to stop now just because I'm busy packing! Just hoping that WB is not overly busy (despite being sold out that night). Anyone have a clue as to how many tickets WB can sell each night, to get an idea of crowd levels?

Reactions: DTH