Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It’s Sunday at 11:30pm and Halloween is 160 minutes

It’s funny, we spend a lot of time talking about why lines are so long — do they oversell Express, do team members ignore the general line… in previous years, is it because they don’t have the Wizarding World opened, or because there’s no tram etc. etc. A lot of factors are involved, but the simplest answer I think is that this event has never been more popular than it’s been during the last three, four, five years. Even a COVID break couldn’t deter popularity. Halloween, haunt events, horror stuff in general — it’s just hugely, hugely popular, especially in LA.

Reactions: Freak and Clive
Yeah, I think the main things Hollywood can do now are adding another maze, adding more dates, and stop pulsing. Pulsing just feels kinda unnecessary at this point given that unless you’re at the front it doesn’t make a huge difference

Another factor... are the lines really even that long? I mean, I waited in La Llorona when it filled up all of Minions. It was 60 minutes. There's an outside portion that I didn't wait in that was maybe an additional 20 mins tops.

Has anyone here ever waited 2 hours for a maze before? Let alone 3? It's hard for me to grasp that even as a possibility. With Express halting lines to a stand still, I see that as entirely possible, but in of itself with decent operations? I can't imagine the full Hotel queue being more than 90 minutes. There's just not enough space for that many people to be in there at one time. Doing the math, most mazes on average have (or potentially should have) 4,000 people going through them in an hour. With 9 major attractions, plus rides, how many people are even in the park?

Considering I was there last night and saw the lines and they were saying things were twice as long as they actually were, I now have to believe the queues fill up and they inflate the numbers so people go a different direction. Which is a better solution then saying, "sorry, it's full, here's an Express pass for later" only making the situation worse.

I think the longest I've ever waited for a maze is 90 mins. And that was with stops from TV crews going in and random shut downs.

Has anyone here ever waited 2 hours for a maze before? Let alone 3?
120 for Freddy Vs Jason, this year however I was able to get fairly low wait times minus 1.
Weeknd was the only one with the Express problem. Halloween, Scarecrow, and Terror Tram were basically Walk-ons, Monsters lied saying it was 60 when it was only 15, same with Klowns, and La Llorona was 50 along with Blumhouse which I didn't mind. If you can plan out your night accordingly everything should be able to be done by 11pm!
I can't imagine the full Hotel queue being more than 90 minutes.
You'd be surprised, + a wasted 30 because it had shut down for a while

Has anyone here ever waited 2 hours for a maze before?
No, because I'd never even attempt it lol. The thing about HHN is that the chances of getting a bad conga-line run are pretty high even with a short line, so the idea of spending upwards of two hours in the line is a no-go for me. Maybe one day I'll stick it out and see if the wait time is actually as long as advertised but I don't plan on doing that any time soon.

Reactions: chris.g
Yeah, I think the main things Hollywood can do now are adding another maze, adding more dates, and stop pulsing. Pulsing just feels kinda unnecessary at this point given that unless you’re at the front it doesn’t make a huge difference
I'm probably in the minority on this, but I hope HHN doesn't add anymore houses. 8 houses plus the tram is plenty IMO. Anything more than that would be too much.

I think the best solution for next year is have the event go for every week of September and then add the first week of November. Then add some Wednesday nights. It would also be great to have SNW open on Fridays and Saturdays to help relieve the crowds a little bit. That might be a challenge with the SS 29 queue situation.

I'm really hoping next year they go all out with properties. After such a great year in horror, almost more than half of them could be from this year, plus some that we've been meaning to get to. Really hoping to see:
- Scream
- Smile
- X
- Barbarian
- Evil Dead Rise (reverse overlay Hotel would be smart budget-wise)
- Beetlejuice
- IT
- Conjuring
- Stranger Things: Season 4
- Hellraiser
- Candyman
This would be a pretty ultimate year. Sure I'd love some originals thrown in, but there's already so much that's current that we just haven't gotten around to yet. And guaranteed, they won't even use half of these. Really hoping next year continues with the high budgets though.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
I'm really hoping next year they go all out with properties. After such a great year in horror, almost more than half of them could be from this year, plus some that we've been meaning to get to. Really hoping to see:
- Scream
- Smile
- X
- Barbarian
- Evil Dead Rise (reverse overlay Hotel would be smart budget-wise)
- Beetlejuice
- IT
- Conjuring
- Stranger Things: Season 4
- Hellraiser
- Candyman
This would be a pretty ultimate year. Sure I'd love some originals thrown in, but there's already so much that's current that we just haven't gotten around to yet. And guaranteed, they won't even use half of these. Really hoping next year continues with the high budgets though.

Honestly Smile and Barbarian could make great mazes.
Especially with Smile, if they're allowed to take creative liberties with "extra smilers".
Hellraiser and Candyman we've wanted for a while. Fingers crossed.
But now I'm getting into spec territory.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
I'm just wondering... does anyone have any idea if the Jabawookeez are still a successful draw for HHN? Finally saw their show Friday night, and it was one of the better ones IMO. And the space seemed pretty full--but part of me thinks it gets full just because people are looking for any excuse to sit down for a while, lol. Does it still get good guest feedback?

Reactions: ItsAtrap
I'm just wondering... does anyone have any idea if the Jabawookeez are still a successful draw for HHN? Finally saw their show Friday night, and it was one of the better ones IMO. And the space seemed pretty full--but part of me thinks it gets full just because people are looking for any excuse to sit down for a while, lol. Does it still get good guest feedback?

As far as I know it does reasonably well each year.

and then add the first week of November.

This is what I want back. I used to love going to one of the final nights in November, because it was always, always empty, and some of my favorite experiences are because of that, like getting to go through Krampus right before it closed and we had no other guests in front of or behind us, giving us the whole maze and every single scare all to ourselves. I would kill to be able to have that November experience again, where Halloween is over and it's out of 95% of people's systems and you actually have breathing room to do stuff.

Given it's been selling out nearly every night, I'm sure they would if they could.

But if it does cut things too close for them to clear out and set up for holiday stuff in time, it may not be logistically possible (not to mention getting everything staffed, which could also be an issue). I feel if they are going to do it, they need to announce it pretty soon.

Given it's been selling out nearly every night, I'm sure they would if they could.

But if it does cut things too close for them to clear out and set up for holiday stuff in time, it may not be logistically possible (not to mention getting everything staffed, which could also be an issue). I feel if they are going to do it, they need to announce it pretty soon.

I've heard they're exploring the feasibility of adding dates but have yet to arrive at a solution that doesn't present major logistical issues, including the ones you mention.

I'm assuming its because staffing but why not just run the event every night the two weeks before Halloween? Pretty sure express would still sell out on a Monday night before Halloween

Ditto about November dates. EASILY my favorite time to go. Sadly they didn't do it last year. I have a feeling they won't this year either since Halloween is on a Monday. I think if Halloween is on a Thursday, they'll do it for sure. Wednesday, it's a toss up. Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, I don't think so though.

As an update to that, looks like they added a November calendar to the ticket page. Two things about that though: 1) it wasn't there before, it only went up to October so far this year and was added sometime in the last 24 hours -- I personally bought more tix yesterday and was on the page, 2) November was on the ticketing page last year from the beginning, but dates were never announced (I literally had a plan for about 12 people to go because I thought FOR SURE it'd happen since they always announce late -- nope, nothing).

So it's still oddly in the air either way despite that development.

In another update: looks like RIP is sold out everyday except one. Don't think I've ever seen that happen this early before, wow.

Last edited: