Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the clues in the orlando thread, i think squid game might be it. If they do it, it would really ironic trying to profit off a very in your face anti-capitalist show lol
I was thinking that but he said it hadn’t been mentioned on there yet and squid game has DEFINITELY been mentioned. It’d be super ironic, I mean having it at the event with the merch and stuff is free money
Willing to bet it's probably Ghostbusters: Afterlife
How much money are you putting in the pot?

Doctor Who has never actually been a legitimate rumor (one coming from a verified source).
Ok thanks for the reminder Legacy I honestly forgot where it even came from I just remembered the Orlando thread running with that a few years back

Ok thanks for the reminder Legacy I honestly forgot where it even came from I just remembered the Orlando thread running with that a few years back
It’s commonly speculated because Mike is a fan. He’s tweet about Doctor Who, fans would ask if it’s a clue, context gets removed, suddenly, it’s a rumor.

Tale as old as time.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Alright here's my predictions on what's coming IP wise (NOT BASED ON ANY RUMORS IVE HEARD, complete spitball):

- Scream 1/5
- Resident Evil
- Insidious
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife
- Friday the 13th or Jason in some form
- Fear Street or Stranger Things

Dont count the monster verse as IP since it feels obvious and its Uni's own creation

Reactions: hhnlover
Alright here's my predictions on what's coming IP wise (NOT BASED ON ANY RUMORS IVE HEARD, complete spitball):

- Scream 1/5
- Resident Evil
- Insidious

Dont count the monster verse as IP since it feels obvious and its Uni's own creation
Any reasons for those guesses specifically?

Any reasons for those guesses specifically?

- Relevancy + long awaited IP
- Video Game IP that hasn't been done in a long time to release alongside rumored REm4ke
- Rehashed, effective
- "out of the box IP" that just had a movie
- Jason hasn't had a proper spotlight in a while

I still think The Last of Us makes more sense than Resident Evil. Part of me would assume, Murdy would be invested given the HBO series coming out (making it count in what Legacy mentioned for HHN31 speculation) alongside the remake coming out this year, and how well resonanced it has been for fans of gaming and for fans of horror.

Food for thought: I wonder if they'll bring back TWDA for one more year since this year is the final season of TWD OR they may reuse the existing structure for an overlay of some sort for HHN.

- Scream 1/5
- Resident Evil
- Insidious

-Scream I would see as a possibility
-RE I would like to see but is kind of a wild card. Just don't know if it will happen basing it on Orlando's current spec.
-I hope and pray Insidious isn't returning but I could see that happening.
-I REALLY doubt it's Ghostbusters: Afterlife. The first GB house didn't fare that well in rankings.
-F13 Please no. Could see it happen but not without Freddy.
-Unless there HAS to be a Netflix property....don't see these two happening.

Food for thought: I wonder if they'll bring back TWDA for one more year since this year is the final season of TWD OR they may reuse the existing structure for an overlay of some sort for HHN.

-RE I would like to see but is kind of a wild card. Just don't know if it will happen basing it on Orlando's current spec.
-I REALLY doubt it's Ghostbusters: Afterlife. The first GB house didn't fare that well in rankings.

I really could see them bringing back TWDA one last time this year.. tie it into the series ending.. and they could even spin it as TWD celebrating it's 10th Anniversary at HHN..

I would see RE being Hollywood exclusive. Murdy said there'd be more than one.

Reactions: Jaden
I would see RE being Hollywood exclusive. Murdy said there'd be more than one.
Wait he actually said there would be Hollywood exclusive IPs? How did I miss that?

Well that makes me even more apprehensive about this year. I’m going to assume the absolute worst and say that the Exorcist will probably come back as one of those exclusive IPs. Exorcist was the "highest rated maze" last year so why not be the first maze in HHN Hollywood history to be brought back a third time with no change? I have no idea if it would actually happen but I wouldn't put it past them. Last year has shown USH that you can have the laziest line up ever and people would still show up.

I really doubt RE will be the second exclusive but boy would I love to be wrong here. Knowing Murdy it will probably be Insidious. New movie comes out, he loves to rehash old IPs, and think of how many black walls he can get away with.

Wait he actually said there would be Hollywood exclusive IPs? How did I miss that?

Well that makes me even more apprehensive about this year. I’m going to assume the absolute worst and say that the Exorcist will probably come back as one of those exclusive IPs. Exorcist was the "highest rated maze" last year so why not be the first maze in HHN Hollywood history to be brought back a third time with no change? I have no idea if it would actually happen but I wouldn't put it past them.

And I think they'll save Exorcist for 2023 or 2024 when the Exorcist Sequel by David Gordon Green comes out.

I'm not sure the viability of these properties coming, but we did just get a new trailer for Universal's interpretation of Firestarter, some new tracks of Ghost's newest album (who just collaborated with Uni on Halloween Kills), and some new Shudder original films like Seed (run by AMC). Just wishful thinking or do yall think any of these could be possibilities?

Last year has shown USH that you can have the laziest line up ever and people would still show up.
I think we ALL need to realize last year is a very special case and not be so hard on it. I mean, I will say it is easily the worst year we had. But also, there is nuance there for me not to look at it in the harshest of light considering the, still ongoing, circumstances. What mazes were chosen, how the mazes looked, what tested well on surveys, fan attendence, etc. should all be looked at with pandemic goggles. If it were a genuine top to bottom year, trust me, I'd be probably even more ruthless, but so we don't look silly, we really have to look at it for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.