Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a huge Weeknd fan. Not seeing the horror connection here. Meanwhile, not a Billie Eilish fan, but can easily see the horror imagery she'd create.
While it may very well just be a weird surprise whatever he comes up with, I think after 2021, a part of me wants HHN to play it safe to make sure they really knock it out of the park.

However, if we are going with my "even-numbered year theory," then we should be due for a great year regardless.

Also a huge Weeknd fan. Not seeing the horror connection here. Meanwhile, not a Billie Eilish fan, but can easily see the horror imagery she'd create.
While it may very well just be a weird surprise whatever he comes up with, I think after 2021, a part of me wants HHN to play it safe to make sure they really knock it out of the park.

However, if we are going with my "even-numbered year theory," then we should be due for a great year regardless.

Honestly--go through The Weeknd's music videos. Gasoline, The Hills, Sacrifice are really good ones to go at for it. (I'll additionally add in the edit, DawnFM Experience, and taking a read at Bloody Disgustings write-up on The Weeknd's association with horror elements: Beauty Behind the Madness: The Weeknd’s Eternal Dance with the Horror Genre)

EDIT (because there's no way I'm double posting nearly 8 hours later):

Clue 8's for us.

Last edited:
Something just occurred to me: Unless they have managed to replace the majority of their trams with the electric ones, I wonder how fuel costs will hinder the possibility of the tram or the event's budget. Trams aren't cheap to run.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Something just occurred to me: Unless they have managed to replace the majority of their trams with the electric ones, I wonder how fuel costs will hinder the possibility of the tram or the event's budget. Trams aren't cheap to run.

Hmm. Well, I'd have to imagine the electric trams have been in use since HHN 2021, yes? I'd assume they already have ample means of being able to prevent upward costs for that.

Ay that’s a good catch. Honestly if anything this’ll speed up the electric tram initiative

Hmm. Well, I'd have to imagine the electric trams have been in use since HHN 2021, yes? I'd assume they already have ample means of being able to prevent upward costs for that.
Ay that’s a good catch. Honestly if anything this’ll speed up the electric tram initiative
If they ran one or maybe two gas-powered trams the whole night, I don't think it would kill them but I would imagine they would only want to use those as a backup.

I just wonder how many of the old gas trams they phased out. Surely they must have a decent amount of electric ones by now. Anyone know?

If they ran one or maybe two gas-powered trams the whole night, I don't think it would kill them but I would imagine they would only want to use those as a backup.

I just wonder how many of the old gas trams they phased out. Surely they must have a decent amount of electric ones by now. Anyone know?
I think less than half of the trams in use during a day are electric

I think at that point, with the plans already pretty firmly in place (considering where the mazes are), they'd just raise the price of tickets for gas instead of getting rid of the tram.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
A lot of the tram expenses come from labor, though higher fuel prices will not help.

View attachment 16059

From HNN (Click the image for the link)
If this line up comes to fruition, it definitely sounds better than last year….but kinda disappointed about the return of KK and La Llorona. I imagine La Llorona will be pretty similar to the last incarnations but with more black walls.

Also…..no Scream? Are they still having issues with the rights holders or do they just really REALLY don’t want to do Scream? O guess it’s not an option if they’re literally willing to clog up two slots with repeats.

Well I’m the bright side, at least 29 is finally going to have somethingdifferent in there besides Stranger Things and a shoehorned repeat.

If this line up comes to fruition, it definitely sounds better than last year….but kinda disappointed about the return of KK and La Llorona. I imagine La Llorona will be pretty similar to the last incarnations but with more black walls.

Also…..no Scream? Are they still having issues with the rights holders or do they just really REALLY don’t want to do Scream? O guess it’s not an option if they’re literally willing to clog up two slots with repeats.

Well I’m the bright side, at least 29 is finally going to have somethingdifferent in there besides Stranger Things and a shoehorned repeat.

Killer Klowns is possibly the maze I'm most interested of, because it's possibly in TWDA. I wonder if it might give Hollywood's team the chance to do larger scale effects, like Klownzilla to full justice. As @rageofthegods has said, this is the first time where Hollywood's method of IP/Brand-Originals takes the precedence.

La Llorona (Which i'm happy if that's the case), Scarecrow, Mummy, and The Weeknd makes for 4 out of the remaining 3 mazes to be sharing that IP-Original trend that Hollywood has opted to do. And I'm honestly here for it.

I don’t get how the exclusives work? We get Nope, but ORL gets Fear Street/Last of Us? The only shared one is The Weeknd? Someone will have to explain that one to me, especially the Fear Street/Nope situation.

Overall I like the map. If accurate, the expedited construction we’re seeing makes sense. KKFOS going back to Mummy; the UCM maze going back to Parisian; La Llorna in Curious George. They already have all the infrastructure to make those go, and it will free up time later in the year to work on the new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.