Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Legacy just debunked American Werewolf in London!! Looks like it’s back to the drawing board

Last edited:
Kill me now. I literally may just skip the event. I don't think I can stomach another Scream 4 Your Life atrocity. Apparently, there are things worse than Scream not being a maze...

LOL. Can't imagine Scream being hyped up for HHN, only to end up as a major component of the Terror Tram rather than the maze it deserves. It's like saying "Gotcha! We just teased you and did it for lols".

Reactions: HydraGen2299
They really gonna do 8 mazes and still not include my boy Ghostie? Sham.

Adding to what Freak just posted, if I had to guess, it could possibly be ops/guestflow related. Instead of having everyone crowd to the back for the two mazes, you split them up with having the entrances on opposite sides of the lot. I can imagine the construction of SNW is making the back a lil more cramped, too.
Another thing to consider is the Metro sets are no longer in use, so that line area isn't quite needed in the same way anymore. Before it was a huge funnel exit and the other side had the three lines (Metro entrance, maze entrance, maze FOTL). Now they can utilize all of that area in a different way for crowd dynamics. Another possibility, the line could still potentially start in the same spot -- I mean, it goes ALL the way across both sides from entrance to exit anyway -- so it doesn't really change much, especially if you add another switchback without the Metro exit in the way.

All I know is the facades on that side have been underwhelming. Silent Hill was nonexistent, Evil Dead was boring, and I have no recollection of what Clowns was because I honestly try to forget that maze. *Googles it* Oh yeah, pretty lackluster.

LOL. Can't imagine Scream being hyped up for HHN, only to end up as a major component of the Terror Tram rather than the maze it deserves. It's like saying "Gotcha! We just teased you and did it for lols".
That's exactly how it felt in 2011, tbh. I was excited regardless, because the Terror Tram back then was still often not only good, but GREAT and a huge highlight. Only for us to find out in 2010 it could be very disappointing, and then in 2011 that not only with an amazing IP can it still be disappointing in regards to the IP, but that it'll still be the same exact freakin' tram route, designs, and execution. Now I know Terror Tram basically means the kiss of death, and Scream being used there the first time was my first indication of it. To return to that format would not only be a huge injustice, but it'd be a Nam flashback.

Reactions: Freak
Legacy just debunked American Werewolf in London!! Looks like it’s back to the drawing board
IDK, I still think Nope is happening for HHN. If Orlando is likely getting it, I don't see why we can't. I just don't think we would get Candyman AND Nope at the same time. I don't recall any specific director getting two mazes in the same year.

IDK, I still think Nope is happening for HHN. If Orlando is likely getting it, I don't see why we can't. I just don't think we would get Candyman AND Nope at the same time. I don't recall any specific director getting two mazes in the same year.

Food for thought (considered this for a bit), maybe this comes down to Monkeypaw? Maybe they want to be more involved, and in doing so, have two separate teams in the group aiding for the respective versions? A more active collaboration following Us, but it'd make some sense.

__

Tiny bit bummed on no AWIL, I would've loved to see it.

According to Discord it seems like all of legacy’s Hollywood Clues have been deciphered.

The Weeknd
Universal Monsters The Mummy
Killer Klowns from Outer Space 2 (As implied by Chris Galindo on the forums here)
Candyman
La Llorona
Scarecrow the Reaping
Evil Dead
An American Werewolf in London

Where does the Terror Tram fit into this?

I just don't think we would get Candyman AND Nope at the same time. I don't recall any specific director getting two mazes in the same year.
Saw and Insidious in 2017!

I think Nope and Candyman are different enough to both be featured, though we'd have to see more of Nope to fully make that judgement.

Saw and Insidious in 2017!

I think Nope and Candyman are different enough to both be featured, though we'd have to see more of Nope to fully make that judgement.
Well, yeah okay. I mean a more prominent Director having two houses. Imagine if we had two Rob Zombie houses or two Eli Roth houses in one year. Don't know if that makes any sense.

Well, yeah okay. I mean a more prominent Director having two houses. Imagine if we had two Rob Zombie houses or two Eli Roth houses in one year. Don't know if that makes any sense.
Well, if you want to be technical, Peele didnt direct Candyman he just wrote and produced, so technically even if they did both come they wouldnt really both be Jordan Peele houses or anything.

Out of curiosity, where did he debunk it? I'm not seeing anything on twitter or here that he did.

All I know is the facades on that side have been underwhelming. Silent Hill was nonexistent, Evil Dead was boring, and I have no recollection of what Clowns was because I honestly try to forget that maze. *Googles it* Oh yeah, pretty lackluster.

Thankfully it looks like the facade for this years maze might break that chain, its looking pretty big compared to what's been on that side.

Where does the Terror Tram fit into this?

It doesn't, Legacy confirmed on twitter there are no clues for Terror Tram.

Well, if you want to be technical, Peele didnt direct Candyman he just wrote and produced, so technically even if they did both come they wouldnt really both be Jordan Peele houses or anything.

Correct, Nia DaCosta directed the latest Candyman film.

Reactions: deadbydawn
Out of curiosity, where did he debunk it? I'm not seeing anything on twitter or here that he did.
I saw a screenshot where he said that in a discord. He said if it was werewolf he would’ve used the American dad episode where Steve thinks he’s a werewolf

Reactions: Tobias
That's exactly how it felt in 2011, tbh. I was excited regardless, because the Terror Tram back then was still often not only good, but GREAT and a huge highlight. Only for us to find out in 2010 it could be very disappointing, and then in 2011 that not only with an amazing IP can it still be disappointing in regards to the IP, but that it'll still be the same exact freakin' tram route, designs, and execution. Now I know Terror Tram basically means the kiss of death, and Scream being used there the first time was my first indication of it. To return to that format would not only be a huge injustice, but it'd be a Nam flashback.

The Terror Tram nowadays seems like it's for crowd control rather than something fun/exciting like the HHN mazes. It's so repetitive no wonder why the TT was discontinued in 2018 (with the exceptions of 2020/2021 where they had to be revived because COVID killed off USH's attendance for a while). I would much prefer the tram going through various Haunted-made attractions with the guests inside instead of the same executions we're been seeing for the past 10 years, but that's just me.

Reactions: DTH
I would much prefer the tram going through various Haunted-made attractions with the guests inside instead of the same executions we're been seeing for the past 10 years, but that's just me.
Honestly, that's what I thought the attraction was when I first heard of it. Granted, I was like "oh cool!" when I heard you could walk on the backlot. And I'm sure that's a huge selling point to a lot of tourists. But that novelty has worn off for seasoned goers and I'd really love to return to this idea. Now I know someone died because of some event that happened 30 years ago, but that's what OSHA is for to help guide the way to a safer event. Now, I personally don't think we need people running up to scare the tram, and obviously anything less would already be a less intimate experience than the mazes and what Tram is now -- but at least it wouldn't be so freakin' stale. The Tram is a former shell of what it once was and for it to be revived, I'd love if they rethought the approach. New location, new route, new way of making it work, etc.. I'd love to just sit for 10 minutes as oppose to walking for 30 minutes since I've been standing in lines all night for mazes -- it'd be GLORIOUS. Take us through the updated haunt versions of the falling bridge, Tokyo Drift, Earthquake, and maybe the Jaws lake and call it a night by going pass Bates Motel.

Reactions: Freak
I'd love to just sit for 10 minutes as oppose to walking for 30 minutes since I've been standing in lines all night for mazes -- it'd be GLORIOUS.

I mean, when I did the Terror Tram last haunt season, the crowds were wild. If there was no crowd, I could see the path guest walking on taking less than ten minutes. However, due to certain sections (cough the ending and reboarding the tram), the walking experience did take me 30 minutes.

Really wished they would work on fixing the crowd issues with the Terror Tram (and Springfield) at the event.

I know it was touched upon here as a possibility, but Orlando is starting Sept 2nd!

Is my browser f'ing up? No spec conversation in a week despite several facades going vertical? I've never been to Hollywood, but have lurked here for years. Where is everyone?!

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Status
Not open for further replies.