Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Tips & Tricks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One more question, if I use my free ticket do I have to upgrade it inside the park? Or can I go back out to the front and upgrade at the ticket booths (the line for upgrading passes int he park always looks longer than the ticket booth lines)

Freestyle (Anything with Low Waits until 12:30 so I can get to Metro Station)

Is the Metro usually pretty busy after HHN? I had planned to return to my hotel via Metro around that time, but have seen a few websites saying don't travel on Metro at night/avoid empty Metro cars, etc. At the weekend especially I am hoping there is safety in numbers and that hotspots like Universal should be safe and busier.

I can't remember, but usually I can upgrade to a Ultimate Frequent Fear Pass at the park, right? I'm going 3 times, but a fourth seems to be possible on the table. I'm only going to buy my ticket for opening weekend for now, but I'd love a little more time to consider it instead of buying my FFP today.
i was able to upgrade mine to the regular FFP last year, so I’m sure you can do the ultimate one as well.

One more question, if I use my free ticket do I have to upgrade it inside the park? Or can I go back out to the front and upgrade at the ticket booths (the line for upgrading passes int he park always looks longer than the ticket booth lines)
When I purchased express for HHN using my free ticket they sent mt to the box office near Starbucks but there may be a place near the entrance.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Here's my gameplan now that I know the lineup:
Early entry start with The Weeknd, Universal Monsters, back up stairs to Halloween, Scarecrow, Terror Tram, dinner (my friends can't hang not eating, unfortunately lol), La Llorona, Hotel, Blumhouse, all the way back down stairs to end the night with Killer Klownz.
[I'm sure someone will think of something better and will give me time to tweak, that's why I don't go opening night anymore lol]

Hi everyone! Going to be my first time going to the Hollywood event. I know going in Orlando that express is almost a necessity. How are the crowd levels on a Thursday in October? Do you think express is worth the extra money? Or should i be able to see all of the event without.

There are 8 maxes and the Tram
It might be possible but I’d wait and see crowds levels the first Thursday to really know

universal was busy this summer and most think the Weekends followers will bring in more people

so I would say it would be very hard to do without an express pass

Hi everyone! Going to be my first time going to the Hollywood event. I know going in Orlando that express is almost a necessity. How are the crowd levels on a Thursday in October? Do you think express is worth the extra money? Or should i be able to see all of the event without.
If you're going to go one night, I say fork out the extra dough and get Express...especially if you want to get rides in and see Jabawockeez.

If you really don't want to spend more $$$, then you can probably manage all the houses in one night. Just get there as early as possible to maximaize early entry, do Weeknd first, Monsters, then Klowns, go upstairs to Halloween and Scarecrow, Terror Tram, and then knock out the three upper lot houses by how you feel. As long as you knock out 5 houses and are at least in line for Tram by 9PM, you're gold. Upper lot waits generally are pretty reasonable come 9:30/10. This is assuming you're not doing rides and are apathetic about Jabba.

If you're going late October.....ehhhh.....that's going to be trickier but you might be able to still pull it off. Again, if you go one night, just get Express.

Do not buy express ahead of time, ESPECIALLY for a Thursday. if youre not trying to be tired, then I suppose, by all means, purchase it in advance. Crowds are light to medium and USH is still not running at full capacity. If crowds do pick up, they have an After 12PM express ticket which you can upgrade to.

Not super well versed in ticket upgrades, since most years I just get an FFP and go as many times as I can, but this year, since the lineup is more formidible than last and I only have a couple nights to visit, I'm likely just going to get FFP for the nights I'm able to visit, but I was also considering splurging for express or unlimited express for my final night, just so I can really maximize my runs in my short time. Issue is, both types of express come with admission included on the site, and I dont want to pay full price on a night I'm technically already paying for.
My main question is if I chose to upgrade on the day of, would they subtract the price from the FFP total, or would they just discount it based on the general ticket price for the night, or would they just charge full price?
Mostly asking because I know upgrading with general admission they just subtract the price you already paid from the express ticket price, but I dont really know how that would work with FFP since i doubt they'd allow you to upgrade to unlimited for only 20-30 bucks on a slow night.
Kinda a weird situation so idk if anyone has any experience with it, but thanks in advance.

Same question as above

if you can upgrade from a front of the line ticket to the multi day pass

If I have a frequent fear pass, and one of the days I'm going I want to upgrade that specific day to get one-time or unlimited express, how much would it cost?

So The first level of Express passes have sold out the first weekend, does this mean they will not have the discounted front of the line passes after 10 PM on those nights as well?

Just seems insane to me they wont have anything to upcharge guests for

So The first level of Express passes have sold out the first weekend, does this mean they will not have the discounted front of the line passes after 10 PM on those nights as well?

Just seems insane to me they wont have anything to upcharge guests for
most likely yeah, the issue is, as much as im sure they'd love to upcharge as many express passes as possible, if they sell too many, express is no longer express, and thats gonna take guest experience waaaay down for both express holders and non express.
It's possible maybe they have a very small pool of upgrades set aside, but i really doubt it.

I’m just going to buy them early

its too busy now to gamble upgrading my free pass the day of

Hi there everyone. Became a USH employee this year and I’m trying to see what I should expect from the Preview. Is everything usually pretty finished? What are the crowds like? Do they let you in before 7?

Thanks to everyone for another great HHN message board for 2022…

Cheers!