Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's hilarious how people put HHN on a pedestal of perfection, when it has had several flaws over the years. But give Fright Fest :poop: for just existing.
Nobody is using the word "perfect" to describe HHN. That said, of all the theme park haunt events (not counting OBB because it's not a haunt event), to act like it's not far and away the clear number one is just contrarianism, imo. Giving the nod to KSF or FF is just a hot take, nothing more.

Reactions: c.layso and Jake S
Nobody is using the word "perfect" to describe HHN. That said, of all the theme park haunt events (not counting OBB because it's not a haunt event), to act like it's not far and away the clear number one is just contrarianism, imo. Giving the nod to KSF or FF is just a hot take, nothing more.
I think it depends on your definition. There have been years where I definitely enjoyed myself more at KSF.

I think it depends on your definition. There have been years where I definitely enjoyed myself more at KSF.
I too am a fan of HHN but they aren’t number 1 every year… for a while knotts was the better event. People just had weird Bias towards hhn back when there was more beef between the fans. (By beef I mean they both said the other event sucks without even going more than 1 random year. )

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
You can have more fun at KSF and still recognize KSF's flaws. I think last year is the prime example -- they had at least 3 A+ mazes, 2-3 mediocre ones, and the rest were garbage. And even then, it all comes down to the run through -- my garbage tier ones could've been A+ tier to someone else because the talent just decided to bring it on a whim while I might have gone through on a dinner break. But that's what HHN has over other haunts: consistency -- it's not 100%, but it is FAR higher than any other theme park haunt near by.

With that said, the QUALITY of the mazes at HHN was better -- better scares, production value, makeup, costumes, lighting, etc.. Even my A+ mazes at KSF, it was still mostly just a guy shaking his can and slamming his hand on the wall. Does a boo-hole trigger scare get annoying after a while too? Sure, but there's a design and art to it. That's what that spot was built for. KSF, a guy could wander from the first scene and just show up in the last scene for the lulz -- did he successfully scare you? Maybe, but did he fit the scene?

Finishing this off about FF -- you can see it in the videos, it has been garbage over the last 20 years. I ain't missing a single solitary thing. I will gladly save my time and money before giving them anything for the sake of participation trophy points.

It's hilarious how people put HHN on a pedestal of perfection, when it has had several flaws over the years. But give Fright Fest :poop: for just existing.

We've seen the budget tighten & suffer for HHN. We've also seen sub-par quality with IPs (usually a result of budget). Yet everyone turns a blind eye & suddenly has selective memory when another event makes an effort to try something similar to HHN 2.0 (although 2006 was more or less an "original" year).

If you haven't returned to an event in over ____ amount of years, that's on you- not the event. I had a friend from Orlando come in 2017 for their first time, not exactly a good first impression. I constantly remind them they should've gone in 2016. They still want to make another haunt trip out here, but ....budget.

Speaking of 2017, we had SAW that year. It was terrible, unlike the previous 2009 SAW house Hollywood did (which was featured on the SAW V ? bluray as a special feature extra).

HHN has its prestigious title of "movie studio", Knotts has their ego of being first... then you've got Queen Mary just sitting off to the side & watches the chaos while not worrying about competition because they have a ship :lol:
Fright Fest deserves the previous criticism they’ve had due to poor management and lack of proper acting for scare actors. They should be given a fair chance this year to prove theirselves.

All events have flaws and should be critiqued accordingly.

HHN for Cinematic presentation and entertainment value
KSF for their originality
QMDH for pure fear factor
FF for Cinematic presentation (since acquiring IPs) and entertainment value

Idc what anybody says, QMDH is the best place for legit scares and creativity but HHN will continue to be the #1 premier haunt event until FF goes on an epic run.

Ghostbusters confirmed…. Friend who works at the parks got sent an email for discounted tickets and ghost busters frozen empires is there lol
What the discounted tickets look like?

Thinking about things late in the night as I wait for Dawntrail--I wanna bring something up: if SS12 is being used for HHN, and that they can't use JW Overflow as queue due to ADA/Jurassic World: The Ride--perhaps we might be quietly seeing changes with Day/Night, Express, and RIP in allowing people to SNW?

Use the portion of Main Street in-between SNW and JW as a one-way street on both directions; similar to how Potter uses Tony Curtis, and then have the queue for SS12 begin near SS12 to ensure they can have things under control for flow.

I know @chris.g had talked about SNW being off limits to GP for just the initial year, so there could be some sense that they loosen things up by a small bit to allow flow.

Reactions: chris.g
Oh yeah, forgot to mention this earlier, but I believe all the tickets other than GA has access to SNW. Saw that as I was reading up on Express.

I'd almost have to imagine all catagories of tickets will be allowed access into SNW; but part of me wonders if they can find a means of restricting access for Mario Kart as if you have to physically scan either your ticket, or have a wristband to verify.

Otherwise, there's no way to get to SS12 without taking a long and drawn out back-road.

Reactions: KlownzNskullZ