Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's not so much a theme, just really bad & lazy marketing... it needs to be Purged.

As far as Hollywood having an overall event "theme", they don't really do that due to the heavy IP use. The closest to a "themed" event was 2006 (The Director) & 2007 (Ringmaster Jack & the Carnival of Carnage)..

Usually the closest thing Hollywood would get for a theme/marketing is Terror Tram being the headliner & maybe the entrance SZ tied in. Even that was loosely applied.
I was thinking about HHN 2019 "MAXIMUM SCREAMAGE". I wonder if since 'Never go alone" is going to be purged that they might be able to do more things such as this image from 2019. Also it seems like HHN 2024 might be the year that brings HHN truly Back to the years before the pandemic. I can only hope this is true.

Attachments

• video-all-mazes-from-universal-studios-hollywoods-halloween-horror-nights-2019-ranked-6.jpeg
    video-all-mazes-from-universal-studios-hollywoods-halloween-horror-nights-2019-ranked-6.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: themeparkhaunter
As far as F13/Jason goes.... just give me Jason X! :eyes: :skull: We need another sci-fi house (in space!!).

Not even Orlando has done it. Their 2007 house was an "IP original" with iconic scenes/kills from the entire franchise. Honestly, it's the best way to approach NOES.

Besides, "New Nightmare" Freddy is a must :p

Co-signed all across the board. If you're gonna' base a Jason house off one of the movies, Jason X is an ideal choice as that film is just plain fun, you've got a different setting than normal, and you've got some iconic kills and moments to show off. (eg, Liquid Nitrogen Face Smash, the Hologram diversion etc.)

And conversely for NOES, you're better off doing an original house so you can feature some notable kills/scenes from some of the lesser movies. (For me that's 4, 5, 6) And heck yes to New Nightmare, there's some really cool set pieces they could play with, and I wouldn't mind Julie's death over Tina's considering it's more well lit.

Last edited:
I was thinking about HHN 2019 "MAXIMUM SCREAMAGE". I wonder if since 'Never go alone" is going to be purged that they might be able to do more things such as this image from 2019.
2019 was the rare time that our event got a very loosely applied overall event theme... which was 80s/retro. But again, very loosely applied.

They did go as far as having "Throwback Thursdays" every Thursday night. Hosted by Chucky insulting guests from the tower above Guest Relations at the park entrance & Beetlejuice on the Lower Lot. Plus 2 cheesy photo-op backdrops by DreamWorks.

I also love New Nightmare, but do we really want HHN to do another meta house after Ultimate Kill Count (which I personally loved, but most of my friends hated)?
I would personally say that sure HHN might want to do another meta house. The reason for that is that chucky was a doll and that was why they used animatronics, and the maze was not overall that scary. With Freddy Kruger however if they use the original Nightmare on Elm Street it could have very different results. I am personally a massive Freddy Kruger fan I like him more than chucky. Also, Jason X would be very fun though.

I know it has joked around--but I really hope Hollywood does something fun with the taglines if they associate part of HHN's brand to the 60th Anniversary this year.

60 Years, 60 Fears; with Harry present somehow in the marketing could be really fun.
Count me in on that Idea! That sounds like a really fun marketing strategy. It would set this year's event from Orlando's HHN and would overall be fun. I mean they have to go back from the 60th anniversary of the tram. Could also be the reason why the terror tram theme was decided so early on.

I also love New Nightmare, but do we really want HHN to do another meta house after Ultimate Kill Count
Yes. :lol: Orlando's 2007 take with NOES had us enter the Nightmare/Dream realm from the start. Outside of the Soundstage was a mini white medical tent facade/tunnel for "help with insomnia" where we entered & were exposed to "Hypnosil" via fog. Once inside the Soundstage, we found ourselves outside the iconic 1428 Elm Street house & our Nightmare truly began as we stepped through the door.

While I'd love a Jason X house for the novelty of it, I don't see it happening. While the horror hounds would appreciate the silliness, the general public expects Jason in the hockey mask. Putting him in the silly armor just wouldn't have the same effect, probably confusing most guests.

Beyond that, as far as I'm aware, the Jason/Friday the 13th rights are still thorny, even with the forthcoming Camp Crystal Lake series. I think a return of Freddy or Leatherface is far more likely.

Does anyone think we will get more than 1 show? I mean if the DreamWorks theater is not going to be used. Hopefully it will though. Where would another show go if we could have one more show. I guess the most ideal thing to bring back if we can't get DreamWorks theater for HHN 2024 would be Chucky's Insult Emporium although they might not be able to bring it back because it offended people. Does anyone have any other ideas?

I fully believe we will get a second show (or some type of activation) in the Dreamworks Theater again.
That's exciting news I feel like HHN Hollywood should utilize the DreamWorks theater in anyway way they can. They can of course add more terrifying character encounters to make the show not only last longer, be entertaining, and deliver more scares. I feel like they might not be utilizing the theater's true potentially though they can add sequences where the chairs vibrate or just find more ways to utilize the special effects this theater has to offer.

Reactions: Freak
I'll throw my hat in to say I support the "Jordan Peele Presents: Horrors of Monkeypaw" concept in the DreamWorks theater. That also would be an intriguing Terror Tram theme in the future
Instead of The Horrors of Blumhouse will it be The Horrors of Monkeypaw? I would not mind if universal uses another company for their compilation's mazes. I mean Jordan Peele's movies might be better to have in a compilation instead of Blumhouse films. Blumhouse can just stick to solo movie mazes and entertainment at HHN Hollywood it's time for a new company like MonkeyPaw to take over this spot.

I'm down for a "Monkeypaw Presents" sort of show. There's some cool stuff they can pull off in that show like have the Teathered "take over" the theater and then turn the lights out when they're about to stab the audience. In fact, if they pulled the same shtick they do from the Nope section on the Terror Tram, I think it would be really awesome. Bonus points if they can incorporate the seat movement and the digital mapping around the theater to make it look like it's getting sucked up or something.

Reactions: ProjectScare
Just reminding everyone that they've already done a Jordan Peele Terror Tram...