Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Read this back again. They usually have more insight into what is happening than you or I do. They don’t want to reveal things and burn sources, if they have them. It is a net zero gain if they leak things to our community and have their sources go MIA because of their leaks… which has happened before.
Not trying to be argumentative here, but I sincerely cannot remember a single house these maps have ever revealed that didn’t originate as a rumor either here or another online community. I’ve always viewed these maps as aggregates of the rumor mill, not necessarily a source of rumors in and of themselves.

Again, please correct me if I’m wrong. If I’m not wrong, I don’t necessarily begrudge them using symbols, but it’s not like these rumors have her been “coded.” We all know what the rumors are.

Not trying to be argumentative here, but I sincerely cannot remember a single house these maps have ever revealed that didn’t originate as a rumor either here or another online community. I’ve always viewed these maps as aggregates of the rumor mill, not necessarily a source of rumors in and of themselves.

Again, please correct me if I’m wrong. If I’m not wrong, I don’t necessarily begrudge them using symbols, but it’s not like these rumors have her been “coded.” We all know what the rumors are.
It’s not about you or us, though. It’s about them and their sources. Sure when things get into the thick of it, we all usually have some info, but we’re in March—a time when even the creative team may feel a shake up to completely turn the event on its head (which has happened before.) I’m just saying they are doing what they need to do to keep this kind of spec map game we play alive, whether or not it is conducive to proper speculation of IPs and themes. You’re not wrong, but in the early stages things change so much, it would be stupid to hold yourself to the first spec map. And if they released something that got cut or changed… the amount of people who could’ve leaked that specific information shrinks, meaning we don’t get any spec maps in the future if they are called out on it.

Reactions: themeparkhaunter

It's absolutely valid that in most cases theres a rumor from one place or another that we can easily slot in for the symbols, but I think it's pretty easy to forget how niche these forums really are in the grand scheme, even if a rumor originates here, if someone isn't checking in a couple times a week and a symbol is open ended enough, they can attribute anywhere from like 2-4 different things to that symbol without a clear answer, whereas placing a specific name leaves less room for interpretation and, likely more importantly, leaves less room for coincidence on the part of the map makers which kinda drags it more into a Leak Map than a Speculation Map, and at least to my knowledge Universal creative has been trying to crack down a lot harder on specifically leaks, so speculation in general is safer. Benefit of the doubt is an extremely powerful tool in certain circumstances.
Plus, it is a map based on speculation, but its also meant to *encourage* speculation in the wider community. It gets a little boring to have at minimum like 40% of the event layed out with no room for discussion for you 6 months out from opening.

It’s not about you or us, though. It’s about them and their sources.
Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that their sources are these boards, and other boards where the rumors are discussed openly. We don't use codes when we reference them, so I don't fully get why they're doing it. If it's just to have some fun, cool! But anyone with a specific interest in this stuff is going to clock these symbols pretty easily, and it's really only people with a specific interest who are paying attention, anyway.

I get that the Twitter account reaches more people than probably all the boards and subreddits combined. Also, the maps do look somewhat "official," so maybe the company monitors them in a more aggressive capacity. But I also know that the company watches this thread, too (hey guys!), hence the very big disclaimer on the first post year after year.

So I guess I just don't see the purpose. But I digress.

Reactions: StopMakingSense
You know what I miss from the pre-pandemic era HHN? The password house. I don’t for see it happening again, but I miss the days where you said the password and got a little prize.

The password mazes and Murdy's Twitter code name contests/clues were a great consolation prize for Hollywood not having the extensive lore/backstory ARG/viral marketing that Orlando HHN had.. now that we don't even have THOSE anymore.. what else can fill the void of giving the fans fun extras?

You know what I miss from the pre-pandemic era HHN? The password house. I don’t for see it happening again, but I miss the days where you said the password and got a little prize.
It was only one time--but I managed to get Silent Hill stickers from one of those instances. Really miss it.

__
Also, man I am glad this map is out. And I am also glad, that Chucky seemingly is just being acknowledged as a "yup--this makes sense."

Reactions: Freak and Wesker69
i still have my krampus postcard and TITE party invite! i also miss them doing trivia in the lines. my bestie won a giant crimson peak poster the year that maze was here

I got 5 of the Krampus postcards... I think that's a full set, correct? And I had the TITE party invite, as well as the "business" card from Louis Tully's accounting firm in Ghostbusters. And I think I also have the "business" card from ghost hunters from Insidious. Am I missing anything?

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that their sources are these boards, and other boards where the rumors are discussed openly. We don't use codes when we reference them, so I don't fully get why they're doing it. If it's just to have some fun, cool! But anyone with a specific interest in this stuff is going to clock these symbols pretty easily, and it's really only people with a specific interest who are paying attention, anyway.

I get that the Twitter account reaches more people than probably all the boards and subreddits combined. Also, the maps do look somewhat "official," so maybe the company monitors them in a more aggressive capacity. But I also know that the company watches this thread, too (hey guys!), hence the very big disclaimer on the first post year after year.

So I guess I just don't see the purpose. But I digress.
HNN has their own sources.

I really hope the unknown ip is Weeknd but considering its placement in fast and furious on Orlando’s map I don’t think that’s likely. Granted they never get everything 100% right on the first map so you never know.

Even though most people seem to be over looking the unknown IP it is most likely still the disturbing Hollywood exclusives John Murdy was talking about I feel like we have to go bigger on what IP it might be. I'm thinking this IP could be smile because that movie is disturbing but I don't know if they could get the rights to that IP.

Even though most people seem to be over looking the unknown IP it is most likely still the disturbing Hollywood exclusives John Murdy was talking about I feel like we have to go bigger on what IP it might be. I'm thinking this IP could be smile because that movie is disturbing but I don't know if they could get the rights to that IP.

They're overlooking it because it's unknown - meaning it can be anything...