Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes. That's the reason the first year of HHN ORLANDO was called "Fright Nights" because the higher-ups wanted to avoid bad press from the Hollywood incident that happened 5 years prior. However it would go by HHN in 1992-present.

The Hollywood event was known as Halloween Horror Nights in 1986 & only consisted of the Terror Tram. It wouldn't return to Hollywood again until 1992 (Orlando's 2nd year). Ironically, Terror Tram returned that year, BUT would not return again until the 2006 reboot which introduced "getting off the tram"/"walking the backlot".

The event itself didn't return for Hollywood until 1997-2000. No Terror Tram, only 3-4 houses & A LOT of entertainment. However in 2000, the event saw the FIRST & only SZ for Hollywood. Unfortunately, the event would go dark/on hiatus until 2006.

.....and that's what you've missed on Glee!

I checked out prices for HHN ORL. I didn’t see any early access ticket. That’s a good thing right?

Last edited:
I checked out prices for HHN ORL. I didn’t any early access ticket. That’s a good thing right?
Orlando tickets are more expensive than Hollywood. I don't know why I'm assuming the prices for HHN Hollywood are going to be the same as Orlando's. I will be getting the express though this year.

I checked out prices for HHN ORL. I didn’t see any early access ticket. That’s a good thing right?
Stay and Scream at HHN Orlando usually goes on sale much later for some reason. It's really good if you have a solid strategy, I can usually knock out 5-6 houses with no or minimal wait before the hordes overwhelm, and I turn to express.

In terms of ticketing, I love that Hollywood has unlimited express and the R.I.P. is much better value than Orlando. Last year was an especially good year, let's see what happens this year?

I saw some speculation in the Orlando thread that the Weeknd/Dawn FM might feature as a scarezone. Does anyone think that might cross over here? The scare zones have been kinda lackluster since they got rid of the backlot so I'm not sure where that would even fit in, in Hollywood.
Super into this idea. I was hoping there would be some kind of Dawn FM continuation after how successful the house was.
No. The scarezones have been lackluster since they got rid of the go-go dancers & I guess also lost their edge. They don't have the same energy they had since 2017/2018(?)... the lack of fire tower in 2019 really hurt too (but we at least have that back)
Personally, I don't think the go-go dancers moved the needle at all for the scare zones. Talent aside, Hollywood's zones are definitely lacking something though.

I was told last night about AQP coming and then this dropped today.

Come On Now Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I am going to bring this here for a myriad of reasons but more importantly for the sake of my sanity:

Hallowed Out Horror is a scum group that has consistently stolen, harassed, and tried to claim that of other's works. I know what they are responsible and I believe they should not be discussed period when it comes to HHN; and will bring that up anytime it is mentioned.

Additionally from everything that seems to be the case; there is only 2 Originals this year with 6 IP's, so I don't get where the third original is coming from in this (alongside the Terror Tram being listed as "Anniversary").

The story I have consistently heard with The Purge was that it was a creative nightmare of a show to produce and make. Doesn't surprise me one bit that they'd switch up gears.
That does make sense but whatever the water world show will be it will still be action themed right? I can;t think of any show that could be in water world except a action one. Having a comedy show their does not make sense unless it is a horror action comedy.

I just want NOES to make a return with the addition of AQP making its arrival. That would make me happy.

At first in the terms of A Quiet Place; while I resented and thought "nah there is better IP" (And I still somewhat think that of the latter)--the more I see sense in how it can be done.

Especially with the amazing foley/sound design work I experienced in 2022 with AHN and Scarecrow (especially Scarecrow)--I would love to see how binural Murdy would make this house.

Reactions: ProjectScare