Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What do you mean NOES is out? Like everyone else said I also really do not want to see Michael Myers back at the event I'm sorry if I offend any Halloween fans but he's overrated. He has been at the event so many times before that him appearing does not shock no one or excites them.
counterpoint: Halloween is routinely the best house at the event every time it appears. it's an absolutely phenomenal property for turning into a house — and it's extremely long queues suggest it excites many people.

counterpoint: Halloween is routinely the best house at the event every time it appears. it's an absolutely phenomenal property for turning into a house — and it's extremely long queues suggest it excites many people.
Micheal Myers is the guy for Halloween. Sure Jason and Freddy are up there but neither of them had had a new movie in a while. While Myers has.

LF is also up there and has gotten “new” movies, but those movies haven’t really done all that well.

Honestly, there is a lot more in support of AQP than Nightmare admittedly had when I've been looking about. More bells showing support in that direction (though I have been one to get egg on my face).
Honestly I know most people do not want to see AQP coming to HHN. I know they could possibly pull it off but I hope this IP could be Silent Hill since that maze could most likely be redone and improved upon the last Silent Hill maze. Even though most people would not want this IP to come back in my opinion it certainly is better than having AQP maze.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Honestly I know most people do not want to see AQP coming to HHN. I know they could possibly pull it off but I hope this IP could be Silent Hill since that maze could most likely be redone and improved upon the last Silent Hill maze. Even though most people would not want this IP to come back in my opinion it certainly is better than having AQP maze.
I agree. SH will be better the AQP IMHO. I just don't see how the concept of AQP can be turned into a house. But if Uni chooses to do it, I believe they have a good plan for it.

I miss when things were simple and seemingly everything was up for grabs. Guess that went away around 2017-ish. Then we had to worry about Warner Bros with their Horror Made Here, and Fox rights going to Disney, and MeToo collapsing the Weinsteins (which is fair). We're stuck in the most limited bubble. Seems we are doomed for eternity to just have UCM, Blumhouse, some repeat we don't want, and a random cult classic that barely matters. It's really killing the vibe.

Reactions: chris.g
Dunno if I agree that it's the most limited bubble, Universal today is probably the healthiest horror producer in business and they've got a good track record of generating new IP. And it's not like everything's in a silo: WB is back to licensing and we're getting Ghostbusters.

It's just an off-year, and it's doubly exacerbated by the strike leaving the calendar a little light. It happens.

I miss when things were simple and seemingly everything was up for grabs. Guess that went away around 2017-ish. Then we had to worry about Warner Bros with their Horror Made Here, and Fox rights going to Disney, and MeToo collapsing the Weinsteins (which is fair). We're stuck in the most limited bubble. Seems we are doomed for eternity to just have UCM, Blumhouse, some repeat we don't want, and a random cult classic that barely matters. It's really killing the vibe.

I wouldn't worry considering Universal is making a killing in the horror genre business (e.g., Abigail for example). Sony, Warner Bros., and Paramount are still free to license their horror IPs for now.

I think it's nuts we're considering a year that could have Ghostbusters, A Quiet Place, Classic Monsters, and a modern Blumhouse title or two to be an "off" one without even knowing the overall direction for the event or the originals. I get everyone wanted Five Nights, but even without that, there are some heavy hitters here!

I think it's nuts we're considering a year that could have Ghostbusters, A Quiet Place, Classic Monsters, and a modern Blumhouse title or two to be an "off" one without even knowing the overall direction for the event or the originals. I get everyone wanted Five Nights, but even without that, there are some heavy hitters here!
A Quiet Place and Ghostbusters alongside Insidious (assuming here) will still do major work for the LA area to easily attract; but there still feels like a hole that needs to be fixed. It’s a very prominent and appetizing lineup even still from a GP perspective though.

Reactions: Freak
Completely agree re: IPs. But I'm curious, what do you mean by "overall direction for the event"? What do you consider the overall direction for last year's event?

Reactions: StopMakingSense
Ghostbusters was terrible the first time we had it. A Quiet Place won't work, even if every single guest is quiet -- every trigger will be pouring into the next room over making it loud regardless -- and honestly the monster will just feel like Stranger Things Electric Boogaloo. Classic Monsters we have every year, I love them, but unless they're innovating the concept to something interesting, it feels like filler at this point. Blumhouse in general sucks, and their mazes are very hit or miss.

Yeah, if that's the lineup, it's an off-year.

Ghostbusters was terrible the first time we had it. A Quiet Place won't work, even if every single guest is quiet -- every trigger will be pouring into the next room over making it loud regardless -- and honestly the monster will just feel like Stranger Things Electric Boogaloo. Classic Monsters we have every year, I love them, but unless they're innovating the concept to something interesting, it feels like filler at this point. Blumhouse in general sucks, and their mazes are very hit or miss.

Yeah, if that's the lineup, it's an off-year.
That’s only half of the lineup you’ve mentioned, if it even actually happens. But again, I’ll stress what I have before on this thread: it’s about the execution of these properties, not how they look on paper. It seems silly to call a lineup, with confidence, an “off-year,” when nothing has been announced so far.

I hate that a property like Ghostbusters is even at HHN in general but I digress. The event has evolved, and I think I’m just becoming a grumpy guy with rose tinted glasses.
I’m not a fan of silly houses but I understand why this IP would be coming. The first version was creative and solid to me.

What do y’all think about an Insidious 5 house?