Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know I’m being bias here as I’m a fairly big Ghostbusters fan, but I really enjoyed the houses on both coasts. Ironically the Ray jump scare in the Orlando’s house gave me the biggest scare of the whole event that year because I literally did not expect that…like at all!

Ghostbusters certainly wasn’t house of the year in Hollywood, but to lump it into the slams category as This is the End is kinda melodramatic. I remember the House of Horrors overlays always being the worst houses by default but TitE was so colossally awful, it was worse than any of those overlays. I’ve seen awful and Ghostbusters was not awful. It was fun at worst, a couple of good jumps at best.

I don’t mind an IP like GB or ST to appeal to the masses, but I do want the event to stick to its roots at being a gritty event, which what last year felt like.

I think you and I were in the house together for one run on the final night--and yeah; it's not the best house but it was genuine fun and the effects were fantastic.

If it was to say go to UBE, or hell even SS22; it'd be great to see improvements made from the two. Even if it could mean seeing restored effects and set bits.

Reactions: Freak
I think you and I were in the house together for one run on the final night--and yeah; it's not the best house but it was genuine fun and the effects were fantastic.

If it was to say go to UBE, or hell even SS22; it'd be great to see improvements made from the two. Even if it could mean seeing restored effects and set bits.
I’d honestly prefer they just focus on Frozen Empire, as I think that movie alone could carry a house. If it’s going to be a mixture of all four films as rumored, I’ll be happy to finally see Vigo the Carpathian in there. I was hoping to get a Vigo scare when they first did it but alas….

Oh yeah I remember! You were with me on closing night through one of the last run throughs! Good times!

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I’d honestly prefer they just focus on Frozen Empire, as I think that movie alone could carry a house. If it’s going to be a mixture of all four films as rumored, I’ll be happy to finally see Vigo the Carpathian in there. I was hoping to get a Vigo scare when they first did it but alas….
Tbh I feel like if they focused SOLELY on the new films (Afterlife and Frozen Empire) it would make for a better house compared to if they try to cram everything or just do 1+2 which would just be a semi-repeat house. Afterlife would allow for some really nice scenic if done right it would look really awesome and feel unique compared to the 2019 house

Paul Rudd GIF by Ghostbusters

Jabbawockeez is terrific and a great fit at Horror Nights. A high-energy dance show absolutely fits the vibe the modern event is cultivating — might not be for everyone, but i think it was a huge upgrade over what it replaced.
I’m probably in the minority here, but I only saw Jabwockeez in 2022 (their last year) because I never had time for it before… but I really enjoyed the show. It was top notch entertainment, gave a little bit of a reprieve during the night to kind of reset your “horror battery” and get ready for your next round of mazes. Kind of wish I saw their earlier years, tho. I had a great time watching them do their thing.

I’m probably in the minority here, but I only saw Jabwockeez in 2022 (their last year) because I never had time for it before… but I really enjoyed the show. It was top notch entertainment, gave a little bit of a reprieve during the night to kind of reset your “horror battery” and get ready for your next round of mazes. Kind of wish I saw their earlier years, tho. I had a great time watching them do their thing.

This is honestly my exact thought.

Second night I was given L after L; and talking to a friend who works at the park--he was willing to help me get into Jabbawockeez easily. When I saw the show; I thought it'd be dumb but good to try to do the participation; and I assumed it was a dance element (because you know; Jabbawockeez) but then they gave me a mic and I tried to sing That Way.

It was singlehandedly a very embarassing moment for me; but it was probably one of the more genuinely energizing moments. It allowed the reset as you bring up; but it also just had a vibe and a tone that set itself apart from HHN. Honestly wish they could be at the park still; like as a pop-up show or something like that.

Jabbawockeez is terrific and a great fit at Horror Nights. A high-energy dance show absolutely fits the vibe the modern event is cultivating — might not be for everyone, but i think it was a huge upgrade over what it replaced.
Academy of Villains in Orlando was better, honestly as it was high energy AND horror related. I could never really enjoy Jabba after seeing AoV's show.

Too bad they had all that controversy.

Reactions: c.layso
In terms of the Jabbawockeez, I think this board is not a great sample... we're more dedicated haunt fans. But I'd gamble that the vast majority of people who visit HHN are more casual fans, or just people looking for something fun to do on a night out. We all know these people... they're the ones saying, "What maze are we in line for? Jason? Is that they guy in dreams?" That's who your audience was for that show. And in that regard, I suspect it was pretty successful.

Not to mention the fact that you were seeing basically a short version of a Las Vegas show (I mean, they're still playing in Vegas right now) for the price of your HHN ticket. Also being a hometown crowd (Jabba started in LA) helped.

Last edited:
I know most people are looking for rated R/actual horror IPS and that is completely fine. However as I would most likely welcome more light IPS such as ghostbusters I do however like the full on disturbing/ Gorey mazes people want to see blood and gore because they know it fits HHN. All I know is whatever the secret IP exclusive is if most likely to check that box since John Murdy claims it will be "The Most disturbing house he ever made for HHN". What this IP may not be I don't know but we could only imagine.

When you capitalized Gorey, at first I thought you meant an Edward Gorey maze, and I got super excited. That would be amazing, someone needs to get on that!

The Orlando thread is discussing the possibility of The Weeknd as the last shared IP
With speculation there deducing that it might be for F&F venue (which if I recall has permit costs go unusually high for the venue).

Honestly speaking; I’d love to see Murdy do a Goes to Hell with DawnFM and the basis of Purgatory. There’s a lot you can do with the concept of Purgatory; and a lot of opportunities to tie it with Weeknd past and present.

NO! NO! NO! NO! ‍I can’t stand that crowd!
These last few years, there is literally ALWAYS an IP that attracts a younger audience, assuming that's the "crowd" you're referring to... Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, Beetlejuice... and it surely would've done the same if FNAF came this year. I would just get used to it by now lol. And same with the crowd that a headliner brings... the event will always have a headliner that attracts huge crowds, like it or not.

I'd take Weeknd over Ghostbusters. I also think Weeknd is pretty terrible as a maze (even though I am huge fan), but there's still an element of not knowing what I am going to get.

I think in terms of how "light" and PG a house can get at HHN, last year's Chucky is what I'd prefer -- and even that was one of the more rated R houses. Killer Klownz is another example, hilariously enough an actual PG-13 movie, but somehow that felt more "serious" in tone than Chucky did haha.

I'd take Weeknd over Ghostbusters. I also think Weeknd is pretty terrible as a maze (even though I am huge fan), but there's still an element of not knowing what I am going to get.

I think in terms of how "light" and PG a house can get at HHN, last year's Chucky is what I'd prefer -- and even that was one of the more rated R houses. Killer Klownz is another example, hilariously enough an actual PG-13 movie, but somehow that felt more "serious" in tone than Chucky did haha.
How would you feel about a Jabawockeez house?

• Haha
Reactions: DTH
How would you feel about a Jabawockeez house?
and I thought Face/off was the scariest house of all time; watch out.

As for The Weeknd; it was my all time favorite IP house because of the pacing, sound design and lighting all coming together for one of the most packed houses I’ve been in for HHN. I wouldn’t mind a Goes to Hell style house with Purgatory as a basis for DawnFM.

Doesn't the weekend use horror elements in his music videos? I really love the Weekend's music and thought he was a perfect fit for HHN. The houses that featured him were more scary than ghostbusters of course.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts