Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2024 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
2024 SoCal Haunt Events (Dates)

TBU at another time

HHN: ?
KSF: 9/19-11/2
FF: 9/7-11/3
QMDH: 9/20-11/2
HOS: 9/27-11/2

Hoping HHN extends to Nov as well.

Hoping HHN extends to Nov as well.
it will. It has in the past. The only real difference between here & Orlando is usually the start date & Wednesdays.

With them being the last big event in SoCal, I'm sure we'll hear something soon. I miss the days when you could get a hint from the park hours calendar.

I would have zero interest in stepping foot in SNW during HHN, but I'd be thrilled with the idea of Mario Kart and the various games being open if it means sucking a nice, healthy chunk of the crowd away from the house lines.
I would have no problem visiting SNW during HHN given the sheer amount of crowd at the park, but it would also be nice to spice up a bit with some haunted stuff, like the display of the jumping piano from the Haunted House in SM64. Hopefully to keep things in balance to make sure the SNW area isn't overcrowded. Not sure Nintendo would sign off though (I hope!).
THIS

It would help with crowds. I know USH wants every penny but I hope Ops goes smoother this year

I'm sure this would be controversial, but if EA cost to normal tickets fine but I think if you have a ticket for the night and an AP should be a benefit. Would maybe see those pass get a boost in being bought as well
That's what I was thinking. Having SNW open for free during HHN would be so beneficial, much like how the WWHP has in recent years. It would boost the area and the UC guys would think of new ways to make the SNW area spooky and fun in the future. Maybe like decorate the inside of the Princess Peach castle with scary-like mirrors with boos and other stuff.

I would have no problem visiting SNW during HHN given the sheer amount of crowd at the park, but it would also be nice to spice up a bit with some haunted stuff, like the display of the jumping piano from the Haunted House in SM64. Hopefully to keep things in balance to make sure the SNW area isn't overcrowded. Not sure Nintendo would sign off though (I hope!).

That's what I was thinking. Having SNW open for free during HHN would be so beneficial, much like how the WWHP has in recent years. It would boost the area and the UC guys would think of new ways to make the SNW area spooky and fun in the future. Maybe like decorate the inside of the Princess Peach castle with scary-like mirrors with boos and other stuff.
Boo Projections please and Luigi Mansion and other "scary" Mario music

Reactions: bdubsCEO
I think the most we'd ever see would be Mario & Luigi in Halloween outfits, maybe with a few decorations thrown in.

1x1_Halloween2020puzzle_v01.a25bebd1.67f98f7b58b63e27.jpg

I don't see any spooky enhancements happening with NintendoLand in the near future. We have the smallest footprint compared to Japan/Orlando. We'd be lucky if we ever got holiday decor like Japan had for their land.

I'm still waiting for the (never going to happen) Jurassic Park/World house/SZ (similar to Orlando 2002), but Murdy has said in the past it'd be "too expensive".

We technically got a Mummy house in 2022, so that box can be checked off (although still want a SZ).

As for Nintendo, it doesn't need spooky enhancements, the waittime for Toad Cafe & Mario Kart are scary enough!

Costumes would be great...but music and projects to me are like bare minimum things they really don't cost much to change

I don't see any spooky enhancements happening with NintendoLand in the near future. We have the smallest footprint compared to Japan/Orlando. We'd be lucky if we ever got holiday decor like Japan had for their land.

I'm still waiting for the (never going to happen) Jurassic Park/World house/SZ (similar to Orlando 2002), but Murdy has said in the past it'd be "too expensive".

We technically got a Mummy house in 2022, so that box can be checked off (although still want a SZ).

As for Nintendo, it doesn't need spooky enhancements, the waittime for Toad Cafe & Mario Kart are scary enough!
What ever happened to Jurassic Park in the Dark? Didn't they change up some effects or some sound for that ride I wonder why they don't do it anymore.

What ever happened to Jurassic Park in the Dark? Didn't they change up some effects or some sound for that ride I wonder why they don't do it anymore.
From what I Remember it was mainly the ride in the dark and "dancing" Raptor's at the end where Blue is now

Would not mind it coming back

Edit: It also had Welcome to Jungle playing....yeah I would not mind this coming back for sure

Last edited:
It died with the original ride.

*grain of salt* However, when we first opened the ride in 2019, there were ridiculous rumors/rumblings being considered for adding "live scareactor (victim) talent" to parts of the ride, but for obvious reasons it didn't happen.

It'd never happen due to it being liability/stunt role. so don't ever expect it.

"dancing" Raptors
No. Just no. :lol: They added two static non-moving raptor figures & included randomized strobes to give the illusion of added danger.

• Haha
Reactions: ProjectScare
It died with the original ride.

*grain of salt* However, when we first opened the ride in 2019, there were ridiculous rumors/rumblings being considered for adding "live scareactor (victim) talent" to parts of the ride, but for obvious reasons it didn't happen.

It'd never happen due to it being liability/stunt role. so don't ever expect it.

No. Just no. :lol: They added two static non-moving raptor figures & included randomized strobes to give the illusion of added danger.
I know but its more fun to call them Dancing Raptors...or Static Strobe Raptors

Live actors lol. Maybe they could put Jabberwokeez in Jurassic World for some battle dancing with the dinos.

Hopefully the RIP is the same as last year, RIP express outside of the tour was pretty good.