Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I couldn't even begin to tell you what's going on. Just reading between the lines from what others are saying around the intertubes.

If Scream really is out, I have to wonder how much of the house had been built. If they had already gotten to work, I think an easy way to save the house would be to make it a Director house where he's filming a "real" slasher film. Same sets could be used, all they'd need is an easy replacement for Ghostface and add the Director in here or there. Maybe a queue video to set up the story.

If nothing's been built, I'm super interested to see what they do. What location is Scream again? A tent, right? Would love to see them bring back something like Bloodngutz, but wouldn't hold my breath there
Yeah, it was/is Sprung Tent 1.

Reactions: JungleSkip
I couldn't even begin to tell you what's going on. Just reading between the lines from what others are saying around the intertubes.

If Scream really is out, I have to wonder how much of the house had been built. If they had already gotten to work, I think an easy way to save the house would be to make it a Director house where he's filming a "real" slasher film. Same sets could be used, all they'd need is an easy replacement for Ghostface and add the Director in here or there. Maybe a queue video to set up the story.

If nothing's been built, I'm super interested to see what they do. What location is Scream again? A tent, right? Would love to see them bring back something like Bloodngutz, but wouldn't hold my breath there

Yeah, it's in one of the Sprungs.

They'll make it work out of something out of existing props/costumes/masks they already have. That's why the classic monsters were the easy go-to for House of Horrors.

But yeah, they'll need to swap out Ghostface and any too-recognizable scenic elements. The Director *could* work, but there'd be some trouble with character variety. Bloodengutz would be lovely.

Freddy, Jason and ghost face are the faces of modern horror, to have TWD overshadow them is ridiculous. I really do predict more zombie marketing and other TWD crap. It sucks in the event like a leech and it'll probably take over jack too as most of you are denying to believe. That sucks about the quality in one house but then again, this is their first time making nine house, it's unlikely that they found a way to budget them all equally including scare zones and shows. One has to take some of the blow, it's inevitable

Freddy, Jason and ghost face are the faces of modern horror

What?:lol:

Jason and Freddy started over 30 years ago. Ghostface started 20 years ago. None of them are the face of modern horror.

That sucks about the quality in one house but then again, this is their first time making nine house, it's unlikely that they found a way to budget them all equally including scare zones and shows. One has to take some of the blow, it's inevitable

No one is talking about the quality.

I know I'm alone in this but I'd hope for something way way better than House of Horrors. Didn't care for the house then. Unless they do real sets and not some trick.

If Scream is out, then they can just replace it with an original slasher house. Or hell, if they used an unlicensed movie character, it wouldn't be the first time HHN has done that.

They were reusing most of the sets from Halloween anyhow, so I wouldn't expect anything better than last year's house.

They're still faces of horror none the less. Ask any person who they think of when they think horror movie and if the results aren't Jason or Freddy then they must have 0 knowledge on the subject period. They're still relevant through remakes and sequels, their legacy started 30 years ago, not ended. Oh then nevermind on the quality. Wonder why scream didn't work, they already did it in Hollywood with a lot of success. Whatever though yay more originals

They're still faces of horror none the less. Ask any person who they think of when they think horror movie and if the results aren't Jason or Freddy then they must have 0 knowledge on the subject period. They're still relevant through remakes and sequels, their legacy started 30 years ago, not ended. Oh then nevermind on the quality. Wonder why scream didn't work, they already did it in Hollywood with a lot of success. Whatever though yay more originals

Or, they'd probably say Frankenstein, Mummy, Dracula.....ya know.

Scream was kind of a disaster in Universal Hollywood, in case everyone forgot. Apparently the IP holder was a nightmare to work with, they could only get Scream 4, and the chainlink maze they assembled on the terror tram was torn down by week 3.

I have a feeling This is the End will be Scream's replacement if the deal doesn't go through. It's a house environment and the costumes are easy.