Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm just gonna say it now -

If anyone dare brings up that new "clue" from the image name, I will ban you until the event is over. Kinda not joking. :lol:

tenor.gif

the ip zone remid me what singpore did last year with there villiens and lady death conept

So like the March of The Dead?

I'm just gonna say it now -

If anyone dare brings up that new "clue" from the image name, I will ban you until the event is over. Kinda not joking. :lol:

Yahhhh...I've said it before, I'll say it again. Those folks seem like good dudes, but half of their "news/rumors" are either total nonsense or then proven to be totally wrong.

It's almost to the point that I think they might be floating redirection at the behest of Universal.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
What is this referencing?

Another site grasping at straws for content.

Allow me to get on soapbox for a bit:

Clickbait. It's nothing new, but it's a clear issue within the theme park sites. Not everyone does it, but there are a lot do. Most just post stuff because "Content is King" and make the big, sexy headline. You'll find some sites argue "Hey, we're just opening up discussion."

That's fine and all - but that discussion goes beyond just their site. It spreads through the community. So (and just using this for example, not as an indictment), when WDWNT posts a rumor - it's going to be discussed on there, WDWMagic, DISBoards, and elsewhere. It's not just locked into that lone site.

Readers are putting trust into the writer. A lot of people aren't aware that whenever something is posted, it's just "opening a dicussion" or whatever excuse that writer wants to come up with. They take it as gospel. So when a site starts "Hey, the image name on the website is 26218.jpg, that's a clue!" - you start a wildfire that will eventually reach our boards, and then it's a problem we have to address. We'd rather have our reader informed and involved with discussion instead of shooting blindly with conversation.

Bottom line - Sites should take a bit more accountability into what they post, and they don't because no one holds them to the fire.

Last edited:
Lol

To not intentionally click-baity stuff:

I saw that the Ifrit tweeted about San Fran, which makes more logical sense. After last year, they should get the aliens. It also confirms some info I was told recently.

So that means "Festival," which is NOT a Day of the Dead zone, is likely in Hollywood. It's far from a Day of the Dead zone, and "Festival" is a severely loosely connected code name to the (supposed) feel and aesthetic of the zone.

Reactions: SeventyOne
What is this referencing?
More specifically, you can check the properties of an image posted and its normally something like "giphy.com/media/sBl8Fowq0ErFC/giphy.jpeg" or whatever.......but sometimes, if its titled on the host page it can be something like "NewMarvelAvengersCoasterAtDHS.jpeg" and like Brian said, people can/will see that and think its a clue or the answer outright. Some people do it intentionally, and some (most) do it by accident not realizing the title of the pic is within its property code for everyone to see.

Reactions: Thiago
Another site grasping at straws for content.

Allow me to get on soapbox for a bit:

Clickbait. It's nothing new, but it's a clear issue within the theme park sites. Not everyone does it, but there are a lot do. Most just post stuff because "Content is King" and make the big, sexy headline. You'll find some sites argue "Hey, we're just opening up discussion."

That's fine and all - but that discussion goes beyond just their site. It spreads through the community. So (and just using this for example, not as an indictment), when WDWNT posts a rumor - it's going to be discussed on there, WDWMagic, DISBoards, and elsewhere. It's not just locked into that lone site.

Readers are putting trust into the writer. A lot of people aren't aware that whenever something is posted, it's just "opening a dicussion" or whatever excuse that writer wants to come up with. They take it as gospel. So when a site starts "Hey, the image name on the website is 26218.jpg, that's a clue!" - you start a wildfire that will eventually reach our boards, and then it's a problem we have to address. We'd rather have our reader informed and involved with discussion instead of shooting blindly with conversation.

Bottom line - Sites should take a bit more accountability into what they post, and they don't because no one holds them to the fire.
Yeah saw that and it's a bit of an absurd stretch. The only thing its missing is "Click here to see what else we found!!!! Ghosts? Maybe? Big Foot?? Who knows!?!?!"

With that said though, Universal has an absolutely horrible track record of leaking things through their web site either through hap hazard updates, links, or documentation written in the page source code.

Reactions: SeventyOne

50's Sci-fi Scare Zone based on the TV Show "Creature Features".

Description says:

"Creature Features also aired many "nuclear monster" and "space alien" science fiction movies. Created in the 1950s these movies were based on the idea of giant mutant monsters or aliens from outer space terrorizing Earth. These included Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, The Amazing Colossal Man, Them!, Tarantula, The Thing from Another World, It Came From Outer Space, The War of the Worlds, Forbidden Planet."

50's Sci-fi Scare Zone based on the TV Show "Creature Features".

Description says:

"Creature Features also aired many "nuclear monster" and "space alien" science fiction movies. Created in the 1950s these movies were based on the idea of giant mutant monsters or aliens from outer space terrorizing Earth. These included Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, The Amazing Colossal Man, Them!, Tarantula, The Thing from Another World, It Came From Outer Space, The War of the Worlds, Forbidden Planet."

That sounds awesome! I don't know exactly how this would work though because almost all of those things are gigantic haha... Maybe use some floats or something... It would be cool if they had actors cast as civilians running around in the black and white makeup.

2b6ff08e8dbfdf1e17f1201f0b4ba835--movie-characters-white-costumes.jpg

Like this.

Anyone else's "enter" button change on the Soul Collector's site? There's an actual graphic in there now. Mine has bone fragments on the top and bottom of it. One person on HNN said theirs has flowers.