Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 216 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Today's crowd report: equally as busy as yesterday. Long lines for food and alcohol. I notice a lot of teens and young adults. House wait times now are from 45 to 70 from what i can tell.
This was definitely profitable for uni.
I dont even think it has to do with bill and ted.

something seems to be going on in trick r treat. Lots of police and security everywhere.

Well... is super packed as hell, people are stopping for selfies and stuff. Dont see security anymore. Trick or treaters are dancing all over the zone lol, the werewolf girls are howling together.

Thank you for this post lol. Pretty entertaining to see.

Reactions: JMalez
Well... is super packed as hell, people are stopping for selfies and stuff. Dont see security anymore. Trick or treaters are dancing all over the zone lol, the werewolf girls are howling together.

Thank you for this post lol. Pretty entertaining to see.
glad to hear it's all cleared up. they were moving people out when we were there so i figured i'd let everyone know just in case.

It's not because of UCF night?

Probably a factor Friday, but best explanation I've heard was every UOR TM got a free "guest" ticket that was good for a ridiculously limited number of nights (someone said five, but that may have been an exaggeration). Final Friday/Saturday were two of those nights. Throw in two nights of final B&T shows that brought out every FFPholder, increase in international guests who don't really know Halloween has passed, it was packed. Over triple projections on Friday.

By the way, how busy was Friday? They actually put a moratorium on photos in Invasion. Full queue in Fast Food Blvd. was in use (didn't even see that opening day), with the line at Mel's literally out the door. It was a peak night.

Friday and Saturday were really busy but in a way, it was nice to have those two days with a lot of People. It was like a big block party. It felt less depressing.
Last year was great for houses since it was dead but it felt kinda depressing
It was great to do academy of villains last show with a full crowd

Friday and Saturday were really busy but in a way, it was nice to have those two days with a lot of People. It was like a big block party. It felt less depressing.
Last year was great for houses since it was dead but it felt kinda depressing
It was great to do academy of villains last show with a full crowd
Agree completely! Although mostly because I was fortunate enough to have express on Friday and had no intention of doing houses Saturday. The only exception I would say is the guests on those days were more casual guests, not so much fans.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Probably a factor Friday, but best explanation I've heard was every UOR TM got a free "guest" ticket that was good for a ridiculously limited number of nights (someone said five, but that may have been an exaggeration). Final Friday/Saturday were two of those nights. Throw in two nights of final B&T shows that brought out every FFPholder, increase in international guests who don't really know Halloween has passed, it was packed. Over triple projections on Friday.

By the way, how busy was Friday? They actually put a moratorium on photos in Invasion. Full queue in Fast Food Blvd. was in use (didn't even see that opening day), with the line at Mel's literally out the door. It was a peak night.

Was expected 15K on Friday Night so.... :lol:

Reactions: Eckert
People buying tickets at the gate window (or at least the amount of them) still baffles me, that eats into a lot of time. Unless I was 100% caught flatfooted there's no good reason to do that. Even going to the California parks I got everything well ahead of time. The parks charge more (for single days anyway), so you get kinda fleeced if you do. (aka the procrastinator tax)

Reactions: Joel
You know it’s always kind of annoyed me that if you go to Publix and buy a one night ticket you get a great plastic card with nice artwork from the event and yet my FFP’s have always been regular paper Universal tickets.

Preach it brother!

I don't think it was one specific thing. The guest tickets were definitely less of an impact than UCF, however with every guest ticket came a TM in most cases (It was 7 nights, btw). UCF Knight was so popular this year they made it both Friday AND Saturday which threw Uni's projections way off. They could've easily done 2 am closes both nights. All FFPholders could come out on both Friday and Saturday though right? I think that probably added to it more than UCF.

It was just the perfect storm of letting a lot of people in virtually for free that led to the crowds we saw. A lot of TMs who otherwise would have stayed home came just for the TM B&T showing.

Do that many people not buy their tickets online? I understand some tickets have multi-day access, but individual ticket sales must be a large part of a daily total.

Yes, as someone who worked front gate you’ll find a lot of guests treat it like a movie theater and just show up and buy a ticket. Universal’s continued discounts online and Disney’s pushing of buying tickets to make FP+ reservations show they’re still incentivizing people to buy online.

Reactions: Joel and SeventyOne