Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last year our Sunday was definitely busier than in the past, but not too bad. What we found though was that the Thursday we went was absolutely miserable. Wall to wall people, and you could barely move.

Okay, now I am curious, when did you go? We were there 9/28-10/5 and on Thursday we were able to get 5 houses done before 8pm without express and on Sunday we only had 3 done before 8pm without express.

Also, as far as speculation, if Catacombs was to return, I hope they advance the story of the Plague Doctors wreaking havoc (no, not a Havoc crossover) in modern times.

It all comes down to either what times people with 9-5 jobs can go and when is cheap for the teens to go. Honestly Fridays, especially from open to 8 ish are very manageable but they crowds will show up and stay late Friday. Sundays S&S is usually packed with locals with the cheap FF passes that can't do Fri or Sat. It just comes down to getting into stay and scream and knocking out 5-6 houses in the first 2 hours then relaxing and finishing up later in the night.

Okay, now I am curious, when did you go? We were there 9/28-10/5 and on Thursday we were able to get 5 houses done before 8pm without express and on Sunday we only had 3 done before 8pm without express.

The nights we went were Oct 9, 12, and 13. It was the week after the hurricane, so that may have messed around with crowds a bit.

I believe we were still able to do 4-5 houses by 8:30 each night. It was later where the crowds really seemed to fill the place up.

The nights we went were Oct 9, 12, and 13. It was the week after the hurricane, so that may have messed around with crowds a bit.

I believe we were still able to do 4-5 houses by 8:30 each night. It was later where the crowds really seemed to fill the place up.
Part of the reason why I think that sunday was bad is because people that couldnt go Thursday or Friday ended up going Sunday. I think they also let Friday tickets in on that Saturday but Sunday was bad. Did 12 houses sat and only 6 sun, granted Sunday I was with a large group of one timers so we did do gringotts and mummy.

In 2015 we went on Sunday October 11th which was the day before Columbus Day (Oct 12th) It was absolutely SWAMPED by my standards... we did our best to tackle a bunch of houses early and still had a pretty great night despite the massive crowds. This year we are hoping a Sunday (October 22nd) will be less crowded because Monday isn't a holiday.... Is the Sunday before Columbus Day always overly crowded?

In 2015 we went on Sunday October 11th which was the day before Columbus Day (Oct 12th) It was absolutely SWAMPED by my standards... we did our best to tackle a bunch of houses early and still had a pretty great night despite the massive crowds. This year we are hoping a Sunday (October 22nd) will be less crowded because Monday isn't a holiday.... Is the Sunday before Columbus Day always overly crowded?
Any day where there is not school/work the next day is packed. Especially if it falls after a cheap night like Sundays. I think universal needs to add Sunday to a higher priced tier over weeknights, because it seems to have been the bad nights for the past 2 years now. Like people always reccomend, check the local school calendars for days off. There is usually one around that time since it is around the end of the first quarter for school here. Monday October 16th along with Friday the 27th is a day off school for Orange county. https://www.ocps.net/Documents/2017-18 district calendar approved.pdf

just checked Orange County Public Schools calendar and they are off the 16th and the 27th... so I think we might have picked the right week! Fingers crossed!

Reactions: SeventyOne
just checked Orange County Public Schools calendar and they are off the 16th and the 27th... so I think we might have picked the right week! Fingers crossed!

School closings are the single most important factor when it comes to HHN crowds. Keep in mind at least a half dozen counties are close enough to be considered "local"--Orange is the closest, but Osceola/Volusia/Seminole/Lake/Polk/Brevard all drive crowds as well. If you get any combination of two or three off the day after an event, look out.

"UCF Nights"--generally on Sundays--are also pretty rough, but I think they've been expanding these enough lately to lessen the effect.

Once you factor those in ... Saturday/Sunday the worst. Early in the season, Sundays probably worse than Saturdays, and they are always busy from rope drop--most other nights don't get busy until after 8. After that, I'd say Thursdays/Fridays (Fridays surprisingly not that bad early in the evening), followed by the rare Wednesday not preceding a school holiday.

We will be in the parks Thursday-Wednesday morning... We are arriving Thursday and don't really want to do Horror Nights that day since we will be tired and checking in and all that... We assumed that Sunday would be a better day for Horror Nights than Friday... Is that possibly an incorrect assumption? Should we maybe move our horror nights to Friday?

We will be in the parks Thursday-Wednesday morning... We are arriving Thursday and don't really want to do Horror Nights that day since we will be tired and checking in and all that... We assumed that Sunday would be a better day for Horror Nights than Friday... Is that possibly an incorrect assumption? Should we maybe move our horror nights to Friday?

Since 2013, I have had better luck on Friday (assuming you do Stay and Scream and track what the most popular houses are and hit those first) than Sunday. Since everyone has Sunday off, it seems like locals are generally in the parks early to take advantage of Stay and Scream, whereas on Fridays these areas are not as crowded. Granted, it is hard to tell exactly how the crowds are going to move on any given day, but my last four years have made me like Fridays and HATE Sundays.

This is my opinion of crowds. I'm sure it's not accurate to numbers or anything, just what it feels like to me.
graph.jpg

Ok, so as a big fan of Christopher Ripley I received a notification that he posted something a few days ago it was a gif of Jack Skellington from NBC while he was still the pumpkin king and was captioned "This is Halloween" so I thought "ÄHS was recently announced he must just be excited" but today he tweeted a picture of a blurry figure with what looks like a long hat just like the mayors from NBC and I knew that NBC is Disney so Universal cannot use it so I went back to the Spooky Empire video of Mike Aiello talking about the lost Icon "The Crow" and basically at the end The Crow turns into a pumpkin man and what if the gif and picture posted were not the icon but hints instead. The gif was of the pumpkin king a living pumpkin man just like The Crow and in the story he (The Crow) does say something along the lines of "Ï am Halloween" which is very close to "This is Halloween" IDK but The Cow should have been at HHN in 2007, 10 years ago. HHN likes to use numbers alot in their events (20 years of fear, sweet 16, and 25 years of Mayhem)

Ok, so as a big fan of Christopher Ripley I received a notification that he posted something a few days ago it was a gif of Jack Skellington from NBC while he was still the pumpkin king and was captioned "This is Halloween" so I thought "ÄHS was recently announced he must just be excited" but today he tweeted a picture of a blurry figure with what looks like a long hat just like the mayors from NBC and I knew that NBC is Disney so Universal cannot use it so I went back to the Spooky Empire video of Mike Aiello talking about the lost Icon "The Crow" and basically at the end The Crow turns into a pumpkin man and what if the gif and picture posted were not the icon but hints instead. The gif was of the pumpkin king a living pumpkin man just like The Crow and in the story he (The Crow) does say something along the lines of "Ï am Halloween" which is very close to "This is Halloween" IDK but The Cow should have been at HHN in 2007, 10 years ago. HHN likes to use numbers alot in their events (20 years of fear, sweet 16, and 25 years of Mayhem)

Today Christopher Ripley put a gif of crows from "The Birds" CROWS = THE CROW?

Who's wanted? :lol: Other than Psycho (which has been done to death now at HHN), his filmography is more suspense than horror.

It's been done a few times, sure, but _I_ never got to see it. I feel like Jim Cornette's "Seven Year Rule" applies to HHN. After seven years, there's enough churn in your audience that you can get away with redoing things.

Psycho has been done to death? Unless I'm mistaken, it has only had it's own house 2x in 26 years in Orlando (last time was in 06). How is that being done to death? I've been attending since 2010 and I don't think I've even seen a cameo appearance of Norman. I'm not sure how good of a house it would make, but it's still a classic.

Psycho has been done to death? Unless I'm mistaken, it has only had it's own house 2x in 26 years in Orlando (last time was in 06). How is that being done to death? I've been attending since 2010 and I don't think I've even seen a cameo appearance of Norman. I'm not sure how good of a house it would make, but it's still a classic.
I think Norman was in the Die-In in 25, unless I'm wildly mistaken.