Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I give the tails a month before they're... pardon the pun... pulled.
That seems like a generous estimate. I'm hoping they're still there when I go to the preview thing.

I have to wonder if Universal might be sending someone to pick up a bunch of these for their wardrobe department.

Reactions: JoeCamel
That seems like a generous estimate. I'm hoping they're still there when I go to the preview thing.

I have to wonder if Universal might be sending someone to pick up a bunch of these for their wardrobe department.

UC could make better, cheaper. Those things look... the opposite of dope. I plan to wear my renfaire foxtail just to mess with people.

Reactions: s8film40
B&T are going to have a field day with Pandora opening, but I will say I'll miss the teasing as it's been brought up the past couple of years and is still very "old universal" in jabbing at Disney. I'm also curious how the political jokes will go over. This seemed like an especially contentious election season that will not end. And It appears people either REALLY like Trump or REALLY don't causing much more aggressive reactions from both sides. When i went last year, the Hillary actress got Boooo'd to hell and Trump inspired silence or a frat bro or 2 to stand up and whoop, so who knows what the political makeup of HHN goers is. I just think it would be better to lay off of it. But i'm curious what others think. Not politically :look: just like..maybe someone who went in '08 or '09 who can say how audiences reacted or how they decided to incorporate Obama if at all.

I also hope they write better jokes. I get that they want to pack pop-culture references in tightly to keep the momentum going.. but sometimes they just throw a character out there with no purpose and give them lines that makes the hair stand up on my neck from cringing at how flat whatever they did fell.

B&T are going to have a field day with Pandora opening, but I will say I'll miss the teasing as it's been brought up the past couple of years and is still very "old universal" in jabbing at Disney. I'm also curious how the political jokes will go over. This seemed like an especially contentious election season that will not end. And It appears people either REALLY like Trump or REALLY don't causing much more aggressive reactions from both sides. When i went last year, the Hillary actress got Boooo'd to hell and Trump inspired silence or a frat bro or 2 to stand up and whoop, so who knows what the political makeup of HHN goers is. I just think it would be better to lay off of it. But i'm curious what others think. Not politically :look: just like..maybe someone who went in '08 or '09 who can say how audiences reacted or how they decided to incorporate Obama if at all.

I also hope they write better jokes. I get that they want to pack pop-culture references in tightly to keep the momentum going.. but sometimes they just throw a character out there with no purpose and give them lines that makes the hair stand up on my neck from cringing at how flat whatever they did fell.
Yeah this is pretty much a non political year, maybe one or two very minor jokes but nothing big. I'm interested to see what they do with Avatar. This will be the 5th year for it and I think there could be some kind of big finale to the bit. I wouldn't be surprised if they do something much bigger or even have the show set in Pandora.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm also curious how the political jokes will go over.

In 16 years, the only time I remember non-presidential year political jokes are 2015 (when the 2016 campaign was already in full swing with larger-than-life characters) and a skit about Anthony Weiner being a perv that usually went over the audience's head until he made a 2 girls/1 cup reference. It's a pretty pop culture-rich year even leaving out the Universal IPs, I doubt they go for politics this time around.

So I'm up tonight and I was just looking through my twitter and before I go to sleep in check all the social media for Hollywood and Orlando, no tweets today, nor Snapchat or Facebook Hints.

But I did notice that Michael Aiello started following "@TheOverlookFest" on Twitter. Which is a film festival that holds horror films at the hotel known as the Overlook Hotel from "The Shining". Could be a hint, thought I would bring it up.

So I'm up tonight and I was just looking through my twitter and before I go to sleep in check all the social media for Hollywood and Orlando, no tweets today, nor Snapchat or Facebook Hints.

But I did notice that Michael Aiello started following "@TheOverlookFest" on Twitter. Which is a film festival that holds horror films at the hotel known as the Overlook Hotel from "The Shining". Could be a hint, thought I would bring it up.

I'm afraid that's just a spade. Overlook's a new film festival featuring industry folk Mike follows and admires.

Reactions: Madara_Uchiha
So hhnunofficial just posted an article with a supposedly leaked email sent out to travel agents spilling the beans on the Shining house. I know that their reporting has been spotty at best, but I'm going to be pretty miffed if someone went to this much trouble just to be a troll.

For the record, I won't be surprised...just miffed.

So hhnunofficial just posted an article with a supposedly leaked email sent out to travel agents spilling the beans on the Shining house. I know that their reporting has been spotty at best, but I'm going to be pretty miffed if someone went to this much trouble just to be a troll.

For the record, I won't be surprised...just miffed.

Most of the copy in the e-mail sounds similar in tone to the other write ups. There are a couple lines that sound a bit odd, but that could just be me reading with too many grains of salt.

If it is true, they should just say eff it, and announce the thing already.

Reactions: DanB89