Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was somewhat meh on Krampus, but set design was not one of the house's issues--if anything, that was its saving grace. Other than not being able to go as large/tall, I see Shrek as almost on par with the soundstages, much better than any tent venue.
Agree about the venue vs the stages. Also with how the Shrek pre show room is at the end there and they sort of try and make the transition seamless I feel like that is a slight disadvantage of the location as well.

I think we'll see more than 3 IPs in Blumhouse. Seems like it would be easier for creative to change a few Insidous scenes so marketing can use the same promo info for California and Orlando.

Don't know if it's been mentioned and I've skipped it, but the London area has lighting rigs and lights (pointing towards the facades), after the hulabaloo last year i would have thought they wouldn't even bother this year?

Or is this the start of HP @ HHN? With the upcoming expansion, maybe a new deal has been struck?

Don't know if it's been mentioned and I've skipped it, but the London area has lighting rigs and lights (pointing towards the facades), after the hulabaloo last year i would have thought they wouldn't even bother this year?

Or is this the start of HP @ HHN? With the upcoming expansion, maybe a new deal has been struck?

Rowling didnt like the design used. They can still light London, just not the weird lighting pattern they had.

How does one discern between a Rowling decision and a Warner Bros./Gilmore decision? I just find it hard to imagine that she would deal with such minutia.
I find it amusing that people act as if they know exactly how she felt about this. I would be surprised if she even knew about it, let alone had an opinion. I also heard it mentioned they were pointed down to better light the walkways due to the area being too dark. It seems like any decision that's made regarding WWOHP is automatically assumed to have been a direct response to JK Rowlings outrage.

also a quick side note, a number of vloggers already calling it "atlas of horror", ive seen two already and to be fair i made the same mistake when i skim read the blog post.:bang:

Reactions: RevFreako
I'm actually curious as to why you would have preferred Saw in the Parade building and Ash in Shrek. Care to elaborate?
i envision Ash as being more of a not so dark/scary but really fun to walk through type of maze. similar to how asylum and krampus were. also just having Saw in a warehouse seems pretty fitting.

Nothing at all against either location... Asylym and Halloween II are 2 of my favorite mazes

Reactions: Grits0808
i envision Ash as being more of a not so dark/scary but really fun to walk through type of maze. similar to how asylum and krampus were. also just having Saw in a warehouse seems pretty fitting.
I see. Fair enough. I thought you were implying that the Shrek theater was the better house location. I was going to defend the Parade building's history because, in my opinion, during the 9 years that it has been in use, it's only held 2 or 3 subpar houses.

Reactions: JMalez
I actually like the altars idea. The chance to get a good look at the costumes, design, and attention to detail is very appealing ... but I'm the kind of person who enjoys the Unmasking Tours as much as going through the houses at night. Just really appreciate the love put into this event.

This ^^^.

Plus I feel it's a good way to get a lot of cheap scares if folks are too busy taking photos they fail to see the scare actors behind them.... or on stilts :look:.