Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 320 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something just hit me, regarding Blumhouse, do we know if The First Purge is replacing something late in design a la' Scream and last years Oujia section, or is it actually intentionally designed as it's own for once?

Intentionally designed.

I didn't recognize it because I haven't seen either movie.

Thanks for the info!

For me that's good news to hear, while I know most people are over the IP, at least it's getting a intentional design this time and not a quick house overlay for the third time in a row.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Even if they don't really fit in the same category, it'd be awesome if they used a Shakespeare work.
I just saw this comment. I'm actually designing a whole house based on Shakespeare (ShakesFear) right now.

But Shakespeare isn't a fairy tale, so no.

EDIT - Here's the Julius Caesar scene.

Attachments

• E7883A3C-7C47-4FD6-BB22-0F32520015B9.jpeg
    E7883A3C-7C47-4FD6-BB22-0F32520015B9.jpeg
    788.6 KB · Views: 85
I just saw this comment. I'm actually designing a whole house based on Shakespeare (ShakesFear) right now.

But Shakespeare isn't a fairy tale, so no.

I've been saying for years MacBeth lends itself to a house perfectly--witches and moors and lots of blood (could even tie in the stage legends about it). But a pan-Shakespeare house sounds amazing in its own right.

My house starts with the Witches from MacBeth, and includes Tempest, Titus Andronicus, and A Comedy of (T)Errors.

Gotta get Winter’s Tale in there — Exit pursued by bear and mauling. It’d be hard to get Romeo & Juliet in there or Hamlet, but perhaps there could be a masolium/catacombs finale with the dead protagonists...

Gotta get Winter’s Tale in there — Exit pursued by bear and mauling. It’d be hard to get Romeo & Juliet in there or Hamlet, but perhaps there could be a masolium/catacombs finale with the dead protagonists...
Forgot Winter's Tale.

Romeo and Juliet is the only play with two scenes - the balcony scene (Nurse and Romeo scares) and a mausoleum (Juliet and corpse scares). Hamlet's scene is the "Alas, poor Yorick" graveyard with Ophelia and Ghost King scares.

Last edited:
I've been saying for years MacBeth lends itself to a house perfectly--witches and moors and lots of blood (could even tie in the stage legends about it). But a pan-Shakespeare house sounds amazing in its own right.

If you’re ever in NYC, check out Sleep No More. It’s an interactive theater experience based on Macbeth that feels like a haunted house and is set in a five story Hitchcock-esque/noir themed hotel.

After seeing The First Purge over the weekend, I am a least slightly more interest in it than I was. It has two characters that i'm sure will 100% be in the house (one even uses a water gun...so I expect to get wet). However, I am more excited just for the scareactors eyes. If they don't pull off those bright, almost glowing eyes in different colors, then the whole Purge section will be a waste.

Seconded. Sleep No More transformed my perspective on what themed entertainment can be. "Immersive theater" doesn't do it justice.

I’ve mentioned it here before, but I’d really like to see HHN take a hint from Sleep No More and develop an interactive upcharge house, and/or make the storylines and character interactions in scarezones more immersive and choose your own adventure-ish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctor Morgus
I’m surprised they haven’t done Shakespeare considering Poe’s house seemed to be a pretty big hit. @Legacy that Julius Caesar room looks intense and would be awesome to see in real life

Another author I’d love to see would be an HP Lovecraft house but that seems incredibly difficult to translate and the scaling on the monsters would be insane to pull off, especially Cthulu

I’m surprised they haven’t done Shakespeare considering Poe’s house seemed to be a pretty big hit. @Legacy that Julius Caesar room looks intense and would be awesome to see in real life

Another author I’d love to see would be an HP Lovecraft house but that seems incredibly difficult to translate and the scaling on the monsters would be insane to pull off, especially Cthulu
They have a Lovecraft house designed. They're just waiting for the right time to use it.