Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It would be a pretty good fit for Parade mostly because it’s a pretty big area and would bring a big draw to the back of the park. I’m starting to think The Thing might go in a SS(assuming it comes)
ehhhh I think ti would be better serviced in a SS, parade is juuuuust too small for some of the effects I feel...

now on Thing in an SS: GOD PLEASE

As a person who lives a great distance from Florida, I greatly appreciate leaks and speculation. I have to book my trip far in advance and if all the rumors are pointing to a lineup of Saw, Walking Dead, Purge, Insidious, and other such things I'm not into, I know I can wait, save some money and go the following year. So, I can see how it can be maddening and I am admittedly new to rabid fandom (three years in), so I really appreciate this stuff.

I've been going since 2001. Granted I'm local but never once regretted it--even found things redeeming about the event in 2012. On the flip side, booking a trip because you have your heart set on on a rumored/leaked IP will often lead to disappointment. Until it's on the official site, there's a decent chance it's not happening.

Some more general thoughts on announcing originals ... it's not like the names give away all that much. Bayou of Blood and Scarecrow could've gone a number of different ways. On paper, Dead Exposure and Zombiegeddon probably sound a lot alike. Sure you expect to see certain genre tropes, but you expect to see certain haunted house tropes again and again as well. The beauty is in the details not the overall theme.

Is there anything they can do in the soundstage that they can't in parade (bungees, for instance)?
They can do Bungees in the Parade building. They had one in Forsaken. I'm not sure about Fliers.

(Fliers dangle. Bungees snap.)

And, again, location doesn't matter to the quality of a house anymore. I could see IT going in a SS, Parade or a Sprung. I could see TrT going in a Sprung, a SS, or Parade. I could see Stranger things going in Parade, a Sprung, or a SS.

Needed space, entrance/exit layouts, and crowd flow determine house location. Those first two things can actually be changed in the design phase. The "size" of the IP only matters in how it effects crowd control.

They can do Bungees in the Parade building. They had one in Forsaken. I'm not sure about Fliers.

And, again, location doesn't matter to the quality of a house anymore. I could see IT going in a SS, Parade or a Sprung. I could see TrT going in a Sprung, a SS, or Parade. I could see Stranger things going in Parade, a Sprung, or a SS.

Needed space, entrance/exit layouts, and crowd flow determine house location. Those first two things can actually be changed in the design phase. The "size" of the IP only matters in how it effects crowd control.

Plus, if it draws large crowds, there is plenty of queue space.

Reactions: Legacy

I've been wondering--it might determine if they could do 10 houses--there appears to be a gate behind Rip Ride Rockit that could provide the exit to two houses in SS 21. Also attached is possible guest and actor entrances and exits.

Attachments

• Gate.png
    Gate.png
    751.1 KB · Views: 24
  • ss 21.png
    ss 21.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

Location doesn't affect quality of house at all? not even if an IP with more content viable for house interpretation (what I meant by calling IT's IP "huge") is crammed into a location with less "Needed space," which I imagine SSs have more of? I'm legitimately asking.

P.S. I actually meant a Bungee, Have the effect of Pennywise jump-flying from the coffin at you

Plus, if it draws large crowds, there is plenty of queue space.
:agree: (cmon Brian)

Last edited:
Location doesn't affect quality of house at all? not even if an IP with more content viable for house interpretation (what I meant by calling IT's IP "huge") is crammed into a location with less "Needed space," which I imagine SSs have more of? I'm legitimately asking.

Considering some of the best houses (and HOTY) in recent years have not been in soundstages, no.

P.S. I actually meant a Bungee, Have the effect of Pennywise jump-flying from the coffin at you.
"Needed space" is dependent on what they do.

Let's look at the needed "space" of IT based on most transferable scenes. I'm calling these the "most transferable" because, after a year, these are the scenes that stick in my mind. I'm not an IT-fiend who knows everything about it. I'm a casual, and that's who these sorts of houses are built for.

Neibolt house façade (most likely)
Neibolt living room (medium sized room)
Neibolt bedroom (small room)
Neibolt basement (small room)
Flooded basement (small room)
Garage slide show (medium sized room)
Bloody Bathroom (small room)
Library (hallway)
Sewer tunnels (hallway)
The Altar/Spaceship/Whatever it is (big room)

Those are the scenes that matter in the film. Now, we'll likely only get the living room and basement of the Neibolt house scenes. I also don't really see the Bloody Bathroom scene because there's no actual scare in it. It's just a teenage girl scream. That leaves 7 strong scenes, and it's various forms can appear wherever. Now, Parade has had several mazes that was mostly small/medium size rooms and one massive scale room. Forsaken and 25 years immediately come to mind. They can also build a two story façade in there, which is what you need for the Neibolt house.

So, yeah. "Needed space."

Richie opening scene (could be done a number of ways) - You don't think they'll attempt the most famous scene of the whole IP?
Neibolt house façade (most likely)
Neibolt living room (medium sized room)
Neibolt bedroom (small room)
Neibolt clown room scene (medium sized room) - one of the most memorable scare focused scenes in the movie
Neibolt basement (small room)
Flooded basement (small room)
Garage slide show (medium sized room)
Bloody Bathroom (small room)
Library (hallway)
Sewer tunnels (hallway)
The Altar/Spaceship/Whatever it is (big room)

Just now realizing you didn't do these chronologically so here are some elements I think will also be featured
- Beverly's father (could be in same room as Bully, similar vibe)- one of the most memorable and terrifying elements of the film
- The Bully killing his father (small to medium room) - I don't remember his name but he is also a scare that would make the house less repetitive and feature this scene's great imagery

Those are the scenes that matter in the film. Now, we'll likely only get the living room and basement of the Neibolt house scenes. I also don't really see the Bloody Bathroom scene because there's no actual scare in it. It's just a teenage girl scream. That leaves 7 strong scenes, and it's various forms can appear wherever. Now, Parade has had several mazes that was mostly small/medium size rooms and one massive scale room. Forsaken and 25 years immediately come to mind. They can also build a two story façade in there, which is what you need for the Neibolt house.
As another pridefully casual IT viewer, I added and removed some scenes, and with these additions, I think it's pushing the limits if it were to go in Parade or Sprung, MIB and Shrek would be out of the question.

Also 25 years was in SS 21 ;)

As another pridefully casual IT viewer, I added and removed some scenes, and with these additions, I think it's pushing the limits if it were to go in Parade or Sprung, MIB and Shrek would be out of the question.

I think he meant Hallow’d Past. I would be shocked if they don’t put at least one of the two top ticket IPs at the front of the park. That’s what they’ve done for 26 and 27, at least.

I meant Hallow'd Past on Parade. Stuff starts to blur after a while.

Regarding your additions:

Richie opening scene (could be done a number of ways) - You don't think they'll attempt the most famous scene of the whole IP?
Actually, I don't. I think they'll have Richie standing in front of the Neibolt house/facade. They may include a drain off to the side with a Pennywise head in it. But yeah. For the guests, it's a passive scene (the scare happens to someone else) which is exactly how you don't want to start a house. Also, putting it at eye-level is difficult because it's a drain and a child.

Neibolt clown room scene (medium sized room) - one of the most memorable scare focused scenes in the movie
- Beverly's father (could be in same room as Bully, similar vibe)- one of the most memorable and terrifying elements of the film
- The Bully killing his father (small to medium room) - I don't remember his name but he is also a scare that would make the house less repetitive and feature this scene's great imagery

And, yet, I've forgotten all of them. You mentioning the clown room jars a faint memory, but you could replace the bedroom with it. The other two scenes I can't remember a single aspect of. I remember the allusions to Beverly's father abusing her, but do you really expect Universal to bother with an explicit representation of child abuse (with possible sexual abuse thrown in)?

And no, I didn't list them chronologically because I don't expect it to be chronological.

Fact of the matter is IT will PROBABLY be in a soundstage. But to argue that it "has" to be oversells what is necessary in these house builds.
Yup, and I would even include 25 even though FvJ wasn't technically front of the park, cuz how would they not give 25 yrs the mega house?
The megahouse is legitimately the only house that has to have a soundstage. Crowd control is why they put everything else everywhere else.

Are you saying you want a repeat of last years TrT SZ?
No but that zone tends to look the same year after year anyway. TrT was a fantastic but it wasn't a huge leap from the previous years. Which is fine, because they've got a cool thing going in central park. So pumpkins in the trees and then you queue up for TrT in the parade building.. it's perfect.

Actually, I don't. I think they'll have Richie standing in front of the Neibolt house/facade. They may include a drain off to the side with a Pennywise head in it. But yeah. For the guests, it's a passive scene (the scare happens to someone else) which is exactly how you don't want to start a house. Also, putting it at eye-level is difficult because it's a drain and a child.

And, yet, I've forgotten all of them. You mentioning the clown room jars a faint memory, but you could replace the bedroom with it. The other two scenes I can't remember a single aspect of. I remember the allusions to Beverly's father abusing her, but do you really expect Universal to bother with an explicit representation of child abuse (with possible sexual abuse thrown in)?

And no, I didn't list them chronologically because I don't expect it to be chronological.

Fact of the matter is IT will PROBABLY be in a soundstage. But to argue that it "has" to be oversells what is necessary in these house builds.

The megahouse is legitimately the only house that has to have a soundstage. Crowd control is why they put everything else everywhere else.

I would expect Stranger Things in a SS and IT in Parade solely to balance out the crowds. If both were in the front of the park I doubt whatever would be in MiB, the Sprungs, and Parade would be able to balance out and bring people to the other half of the park

I agree that's probably how they will do Richie

Yes, Beverly's father might be a bit too risque for even HHN, but we did have AHS two (maybe three) years in a row and I wasn't on the lookout for it but I imagine there were references to some sort of sexual abuse, I mean cmon it's AHS.

However, I disagree on the other two scenes, I think the Clown room and the bully killing his father should make it in the house, were practically built for a house.

You are right in saying this doesn't HAVE to be in a SS, though. These could probably fit in a tent or, you're right, maybe even Parade Building..... IF IT STILL STANDS muahahaha. (seriously is it still going down or what?)