Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Twin Peaks was mentioned in other forums (maybe this one?) before the leaked lineup. Definitely huge with horror fans, has two seasons/ a movie, and definitely enough scary scenes.

3 seasons* with the 3rd season really adding a ton of new “scary” material to use (episode 8 especially)

i would loveeeee a twin peaks house

i think it has a ton of potential to be a very eerie & visually striking house

George Romero best of house? "Best of the Dead" or something like that?

Plenty of material between Night, Dawn, Day, and Land.

Now that could definitely fill up a house(potentially a mega house if they wanted to). Plus, thanks to Dawn of the Dead the house will fit in with the 80’s theme. I think this house(if it comes) has plenty of potential with the sets and will be different enough from The Walking Dead houses. Off the top of my head there’s already the graveyard, the mall, and various houses.

Now that could definitely fill up a house(potentially a mega house if they wanted to). Plus, thanks to Dawn of the Dead the house will fit in with the 80’s theme. I think this house(if it comes) has plenty of potential with the sets and will be different enough from The Walking Dead houses. Off the top of my head there’s already the graveyard, the mall, and various houses.
I think the 80s will be well represented this year, but that decade won't take over the entire event.

I think the 80s will be well represented this year, but that decade won't take over the entire event.

Well the 80’s definitely seem to play a large role in the speculated house lineup, and this line from the blogpost of Stranger Things seems to indicate a general theme of the past in the mazes:

“This year, the past will haunt you with brand-new mazes based on iconic horror films, terrifying hit TV-shows and haunting original stories.”

Hopefully they carry it over into the zones too. Really curious about the originals this year though

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Well the 80’s definitely seem to play a large role in the speculated house lineup, and this line from the blogpost of Stranger Things seems to indicate a general theme of the past in the mazes:

“This year, the past will haunt you with brand-new mazes based on iconic horror films, terrifying hit TV-shows and haunting original stories.”

Hopefully they carry it over into the zones too. Really curious about the originals this year though
Hopefully UC gets a lot of free reign creatively based on the reception of last years originals

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Fine, I didn't go anywhere.

Well, I'm getting some snacks, because I think everyone is in for a big surprise.

Because EVERYONE has gotten snowed this year.

Might this be the post with the codenames? There was this and one in which you used the word dynamite that kinda stuck out to me.

Big Surprise and Snowed sound like codenames.

Dynamite one might have been on another board.

My picks for the 4 not happening are NoES, Halloween, It and Conjuring

Best of the Dead
I used that exact term on another board! heh heh

I am kinda over the moon seeing Legacy like my posts. I spent all my downtime at work reading his posts and also trying to pay attention to what he liked. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

idk, the "snowed in" hint makes me think that The Thing is one of the four.
Dynamite (was on HNN btw) makes me think of The Thing as well, but I feel the snowed in connection is stronger, and Legacy didn't like my post making the connection on HNN. Dynamite could be referring to a lot of things. I'm going to watch the Romero dead trilogy and look for connections.
Big Surprise and Snowed sound like codenames.
Big surprise is a line from The Shining film(not sure if it's in the novel), so it could be alluding to IT being one of the four as well, as Stephen King wrote both of the source novels. Big Surprise could also be alluding to the connection of either Jack Nicholson or Stanley Kubrick with an IP (Jack says the line, Stanley is the Director). Clockwork Orange maybe? @Legacy if any of these are right, shift your eyebrows nervously.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
I am kinda over the moon seeing Legacy like my posts. I spent all my downtime at work reading his posts and also trying to pay attention to what he liked. :)

Holy cow you came in and dropped bombs of speculation:grin:Judging by the fact Legacy liked this post:

I think it’s safe to assume Dynamite = The Thing.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
George Romero best of house? "Best of the Dead" or something like that?

Plenty of material between Night, Dawn, Day, and Land.

Question: are we sure the Romero zombie house is his actual zombie movies?

I mean, if they wanted to get away from zombies specifically, they could use Romero’s classic “Creepshow”. Given that one of the segments in there is Happy Father’s Day, I could see that one fitting the Big Surprise or Surprise code name. It would also fit the 80’s theme

Just for clarification's sake, I believe the code names are the ones assigned to the houses by the Art & Design team at Universal. These aren't codes that Legacy is creating on his own.

For those of you who haven't followed HHN for as many years as some of us, Universal began assigning code names to each of the houses starting back in 2009(?). Prior to this, the actual house names were listed on the construction permits filed with the city of Orlando. Once the fan community figured this out, the A&D team started assigning the code names.

Question: are we sure the Romero zombie house is his actual zombie movies?

I mean, if they wanted to get away from zombies specifically, they could use Romero’s classic “Creepshow”. Given that one of the segments in there is Happy Father’s Day, I could see that one fitting the Big Surprise or Surprise code name. It would also fit the 80’s theme

I think TrT fits the bill that Creepshow would hold as an old-school anthology horror.

As far as Trick ‘r Treat, maybe it’s Snowed and the connection is Krampus also being a Micheal Dougherty film? seems like a stretch but usually their codenames are really obvious