Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest surprise is that

Hive will be featured. Wasn't that house universally considered a bottom 2 house at 27? I thought it was fine but I know it got a lot of hate.

Not spoiler tagging my response as I'm not saying anything specific. I remember there being two camps about the house, one being that it wasn't that great (my personal feeling) and the other that it was super scary and intense while not being the best in terms of the visuals (costumes, scenery, etc). If you prioritized scares over everything else, you seemed to love it. If you were more into the visuals, you didn't.

EDIT: I should add that I always go the first weekend that is expanded to include Thursday (and more recently Wednesday) with Rush of Fear. Usually ends up being the the second or third weekend depending on how the dates fall, so it sounds like the house was pretty amazing further into the event so that might have something to do with my disliking it.

Last edited:

Hive will be featured. Wasn't that house universally considered a bottom 2 house at 27? I thought it was fine but I know it got a lot of hate.

Not spoiler tagging my response as I'm saying anything specific. I remember there being two camps about the house, one being that it wasn't that great (my personal feeling) and the other that it was super scary and intense while not being the best in terms of the visuals (costumes, scenery, etc). If you prioritized scares over everything else, you seemed to love it. If you were more into the visuals, you didn't.

I thought [redacted] was the second best house in its year for the reasons Neo outlined. I'm interested to see how it's incorporated this year.

Really? I remember that one being really good! In general, I have good memories of 27 being a strong year, but can’t think of any standout houses (besides maybe Scarecrow)...it was just a strong event by being generally solid all-around.

Poorly received opening weekend, but general consensus around here seemed to be that it got better. Second best example behind Havoc of "a good cast can save a mediocre house." It definitely brought a spooky vibe as well.

The bigger surprise should be that
Annual “Worst All Time HHN House List” attendee The Spawning is even being acknowledged

Yea, this feels like a comic relief for the super-fans. But it's been so long I'm actually a little nostalgic for it.

The house at 27 that is being talked about was fairly high on my group’s favorite house list for that event

The cast was great and one actor constantly went after our feet/legs which is a really uncomfortable feeling

There were definitely worse houses that year, Jigsaw being one of them

I'm glad to see others enjoyed that house. I actually quite liked it, but most reviews I listened to had it towards the bottom of their rankings, along with Jigsaw and Blumhouse.

I'd totally be open to a sequel!

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yea, this feels like a comic relief for the super-fans. But it's been so long I'm actually a little nostalgic for it.

I'm convinced it's a "we can get it right this time" move. Again, not that I thought the original incarnation was a disaster, if very reliant on the cast. That final section with the excessive strobes was genuinely freaky on a good run.

I missed 27. So I'm glad to see Hive. But I'm very disappointed (and a little surprised) that scarecrow isn't showing up. That's the house that I'm bummed that I missed the most.
27 was a … weird year. Like others have said, there wasn't much about it that REALLY stood out. Except for Dead Waters and Scarecrow for me. Outside of that.. it was just "solid." Although it was a REALLY cool feeling entering The Shining house and hearing the theme.

27 was a … weird year. Like others have said, there wasn't much about it that REALLY stood out. Except for Dead Waters and Scarecrow for me. Outside of that.. it was just "solid." Although it was a REALLY cool feeling entering The Shining house and hearing the theme.

If two things really stood out for you, I don’t think you can use the phrase “nothing stood out for me.”

If we want to be REALLY nitpicky about Carey lore...25 was technically the last year we saw Hellgate

But I don't think there is a single person I've met who immediately thinks of RUN:BS&F as a Carey house, haha

Now THAT was a disappointment. Hellgate Prison was from one of the first two years I went and that house blew me away and I couldn't believe the stuff they got away with then. Espeically the vulger and sexually charged stuff the barker was allowed to yell at you. Got soooo excited for it's return at 25 and if Universal hadn't told me that house was a Hellgate mashup, it never would have occurred to me as I felt like it had nothing to do will Hellgate. It was one of my most anticipated houses before the event and such a let down.

If we want to be REALLY nitpicky about Carey lore...25 was technically the last year we saw Hellgate

But I don't think there is a single person I've met who immediately thinks of RUN:BS&F as a Carey house, haha

I am genuinely shook I actually didn't recall that at all....actually I practically forgot that house in general lol....but if you asked me where it took place I did not think it was Carey

I am genuinely shook I actually didn't recall that at all....actually I practically forgot that house in general lol....but if you asked me where it took place I did not think it was Carey

An alternative history Carey where the US nuked the USSR back in the 50s. Yeah, that's so weird I'm willing to call it "not really Carey." But it was set in a repurposed Hellgate and the Richard Dawson/Stanley Tucci character was the original warden's grandson (he mentioned in the queue video).

Status
Not open for further replies.