Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 211 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair question. My perspective on the “disappointment” is this:

Marketing spent fifteen-ish hours of build-up, using teases and indecipherable script, to unveil a video that was leaked two days ago. Fans spent hours trying to decode something that had no solution to answer a question they already knew. No house was announced. No event specifics were given. It was a whole lot of build for, ostensibly, nothing. That applies even more when you consider most of the fans who cared enough to follow along with the teases don’t care about single-days. They want passes which still are not available.

From where I sit, that shows that Marketing continues to underestimate the passion of HHN’s most die-hard fans, or they’re cynically leveraging that passion to build engagement without substance. The whole thing, even knowing the whimper everything was building to, feels like a middle finger.

Maybe it’s because my perspective on HHN “teaser” marketing is different, but I think all that hours of build-up to no details is a garbage move. It’s literally the same thing they did with weeks of sign-ups to announce a sweepstakes.
Marketing has been out of touch with the hhn fan base for nearly 10 years. In an era where it's even easier to make games and even flash style material, they somehow fail. Everything is more interactive than it's ever been, so it blows my mind that they have not tapped into this NOW, when they were innovators of it more than 10 years ago.

Can someone explain to me how the holding areas work and where they typically are? Are any eateries used?

Also, if this event is at USO, what happens at IOA? Are there any themes or scare zones? I'm new to this park for this event.

Can someone explain to me how the holding areas work and where they typically are? Are any eateries used?

Also, if this event is at USO, what happens at IOA? Are there any themes or scare zones? I'm new to this park for this event.
Stay and Scream areas are usually: Finnegans (NY), Hello Kitty Store (Hollywood) and Simpsons. NY and Simpsons has Drinks/Food. Hello Kitty doesn’t. To enter you simply scan your HHN ticket. Depending on which area you are in you get access to different houses. I would recommend Simpson if you have express since you can do all the houses in the back without express and just use the express for the Soundstage houses and still have those left that are in the back. With no express I would recommend Finnegans or Hello Kitty

Last edited:
Reactions: Dykealiscious

stay and scream the past two years have been in two areas, finnegans and simpsons. Simpsons get you early access to houses in the back of the park (typically men in black and one house in kid zone). Finnegans takes you to one or two houses in the front area of the park, the soundstage houses. Islands of adventures remains normal in operation and has no HHN content

Reactions: Shinigami
Stay and Scream areas are usually: Finnegans (NY), Hello Kitty Store (Hollywood) and Simpsons. NY and Simpsons has Drinks/Food. Hello Kitty doesn’t. To enter you simply scan your HHN ticket. Depending on which area you are in you get access to different houses. I would recommend Simpson if you have express since you can do all the houses in the back without express and just use the express for the Soundstage houses and still have those left that are in the back. With no express I would recommend Finnegans or Hello Kitty

It will be very interesting to see how the Stay and Scream dynamics change for this year. Of the 4 soundstage houses, (hopefully) two of them will be repeats from the Lite event last year. And you’ve got the two biggest IP draws to the general public in the parade buildings (Beetlejuice and Hill House, we think). Could we see a big shift to Springfield for S&S this year or will the masses still flood Finnegan’s because it’s a tradition for many?

Duff Gardens is the new Finnegan's!

I agree. HHN30 will be my 14th year going. While we love finnegans and have lots of history there in recent years we’ve migrated to Duff S&S for more and more of the nights we are there. We always have express but end up just crushing getting all the houses in back and then doing the loop. Also it’s been re hashed many times but Finns was never the same after they changed the way things work at the bar so it feels like I’m missing out less starting in the back.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It will be very interesting to see how the Stay and Scream dynamics change for this year. Of the 4 soundstage houses, (hopefully) two of them will be repeats from the Lite event last year. And you’ve got the two biggest IP draws to the general public in the parade buildings (Beetlejuice and Hill House, we think). Could we see a big shift to Springfield for S&S this year or will the masses still flood Finnegan’s because it’s a tradition for many?

Don’t forget you have Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a soundstage. I don’t know if that ranks next to HoHH and BJ or not, but it would surprise me if that didn’t draw quite the crowd up to the front S&S areas.

Considering the soundstage setup is different this year, it should be interesting to see what the two available houses are at the start of S&S in NY and which one's are staggered in opening.

In the past, the two houses that would be open at the start were the SS 22 house and the SS 25 house. (aka the soundstages which only held one house.), not to mention the two queue portals were the furthest away from one another.

But this year, there are no solo soundstage houses in that block, it's two shared ones. I can imagine BoF will be one that's open at the start due to it's location, with possibly the Icon house being the other...unless they decide to fully open one of the soundstages instead of staggering half and half.

Speaking of Brides and Tooth Fairy, I’m going to speculate (which is honestly a super fun thing to do). I speculate that those two houses will be announced on the same exact date, as a “we’re bringing back two amazing houses” type of marketing. I also speculate that Tooth Fairy and Brides will have the shortest waits during HHN. I feel like enough people saw it to where it may be the *last* houses those specific people do in the night. I don’t think they will be dramatically shorter than the other waits, but will generally be the lower waits. But hey, because they are in the front of the park…they may have around the same as the rest of the houses. What are your guys’ thoughts?

Considering the soundstage setup is different this year, it should be interesting to see what the two available houses are at the start of S&S in NY and which one's are staggered in opening.

In the past, the two houses that would be open at the start were the SS 22 house and the SS 25 house. (aka the soundstages which only held one house.), not to mention the two queue portals were the furthest away from one another.

But this year, there are no solo soundstage houses in that block, it's two shared ones. I can imagine BoF will be one that's open at the start due to it's location, with possibly the Icon house being the other...unless they decide to fully open one of the soundstages instead of staggering half and half.
Didn’t 2019 Springfield stay and scream do Depths and Monsters? Don’t see why they couldn’t just do both parade houses?

Speaking of Brides and Tooth Fairy, I’m going to speculate (which is honestly a super fun thing to do). I speculate that those two houses will be announced on the same exact date, as a “we’re bringing back two amazing houses” type of marketing. I also speculate that Tooth Fairy and Brides will have the shortest waits during HHN. I feel like enough people saw it to where it may be the *last* houses those specific people do in the night. I don’t think they will be dramatically shorter than the other waits, but will generally be the lower waits. But hey, because they are in the front of the park…they may have around the same as the rest of the houses. What are your guys’ thoughts?

I get your point, however since I went through each of these houses about 10 times each I have to disagree. The Brides house is extremely well done and not having plexiglass and adding all the effects to that house could make it a top tier house. As for tooth fairy, same sentiment just slightly less.

Could it have maybe been all 3 then or they alternated? I only went twice but both times were Depths and Ho1C.
We're both right. Depths or Monsters were both open, depending on which way you went, and then Corpses usually opened a bit later, so I'd always do Monsters and then run to Corpses.

Reactions: Speed
Status
Not open for further replies.