Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad, but if things are safe and nothing else goes wildly out of control, I'll pay pretty much whatever to go to HHN for a week or so in September. It has been my light at the end of the tunnel since last year. I've been out of work this entire time and don't make a ton when I am working, but I'll gladly grit my teeth and pay whatever just to experience actual fun again. My fiancée is on the same page and my sister will likely also join us. Normally I'd be negative about higher prices, if that turns out to be the case, but not this year. The ball is sort of in Universal's court for us pathetic out-of-state-rs. Fine. Whatever. Maybe I'm a special case, but I'm guessing a whole lot of people are feeling this way. I've been in my house 99% of the time and need the escape. Ah. Sorry to ramble. I've not posted for a while because I've been cautious with my optimism for this year. I'm getting my first dose of actual freedom next Friday and should be fully vaccinated by mid-May, so I'm allowing myself a little excitement. I hope everyone is doing well and I shall now return to The Shadows Of Obscurity.

It's sad, but if things are safe and nothing else goes wildly out of control, I'll pay pretty much whatever to go to HHN for a week or so in September. It has been my light at the end of the tunnel since last year. I've been out of work this entire time and don't make a ton when I am working, but I'll gladly grit my teeth and pay whatever just to experience actual fun again. My fiancée is on the same page and my sister will likely also join us. Normally I'd be negative about higher prices, if that turns out to be the case, but not this year. The ball is sort of in Universal's court for us pathetic out-of-state-rs. Fine. Whatever. Maybe I'm a special case, but I'm guessing a whole lot of people are feeling this way. I've been in my house 99% of the time and need the escape. Ah. Sorry to ramble. I've not posted for a while because I've been cautious with my optimism for this year. I'm getting my first dose of actual freedom next Friday and should be fully vaccinated by mid-May, so I'm allowing myself a little excitement. I hope everyone is doing well and I shall now return to The Shadows Of Obscurity.
You're not alone

If current hotel prices are anything to go by...

The Volcano Bay View 2 Bedroom Suite that was $265 a night last year (booked in July 2020), and $240 in 2018 (booked in May 2018), is now going for $400+ for the same weeks in September.

I was able to book this room at the beginning of March for the third week in September for $285 before the price hike, so this tells me that the past couple months have seen a real demand for Universal hotels during HHN season this year. This seems to be the trend across all of the on-site hotels.

Expect a VEEERY BUUUSY (and expensive) HHN season if the demand is already this high.

If current hotel prices are anything to go by...

The Volcano Bay View 2 Bedroom Suite that was $265 a night last year (booked in July 2020), and $240 in 2018 (booked in May 2018), is now going for $400+ for the same weeks in September.

I was able to book this room at the beginning of March for the third week in September for $285 before the price hike, so this tells me that the past couple months have seen a real demand for Universal hotels during HHN season this year. This seems to be the trend across all of the on-site hotels.

Expect a VEEERY BUUUSY (and expensive) HHN season if the demand is already this high.
You're confusing their standard rate and their discounted rate, so $285 is discounted from the $400's (30% for 7 or more days). When rooms are close to selling out they remove their Stay more Save more rates and your stuck paying full price.
They could be holding on to some rooms for eventual AP discounts as well?

I got a new job a week ago and instantly booked my flight for October so once tickets open I will charge them. As an out of state goer I agree with that "will pay anything" sentiment

I never stay in hotels since I go solo so hoping the Airbnbs wont be too crazy

Reactions: SeventyOne
Yea I just am hoping that either the parks open up capacity more or something because the current rate the parks close to capacity quick on demand days and if HHN is gonna be that busy this year I don't wanna be fighting that hard for my week of HHN to get in each night and worry about capacity closures. Usually do S&S but if that isn't an option and on the few nights we sometimes take it easy and show up a little late I am concerned about capacity filling. I know this has been discussed some and we don't know until we know but I with the concerns

Yea I just am hoping that either the parks open up capacity more or something because the current rate the parks close to capacity quick on demand days and if HHN is gonna be that busy this year I don't wanna be fighting that hard for my week of HHN to get in each night and worry about capacity closures. Usually do S&S but if that isn't an option and on the few nights we sometimes take it easy and show up a little late I am concerned about capacity filling. I know this has been discussed some and we don't know until we know but I with the concerns

It's just too early to know now, I think Universal will look at July 4th festivities and outbreaks and make plans based on that. I can see both a situation where HHN30 is like HHN29 and also where it's somewhat limited capacity or with masks/social distancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.