Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* Scooby Doo is not coming.

Something (someone) is though and it’s gonna be….weird. Weirder than Billie or The Weekend. Will we see something announced tomorrow? Maybe? I could be wrong and have been in the past, but we might get a little something tomorrow to get the ball rolling.

An icon announcement???

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet

Something (someone) is though and it’s gonna be….weird. Weirder than Billie or The Weekend. Will we see something announced tomorrow? Maybe? I could be wrong and have been in the past, but we might get a little something tomorrow to get the ball rolling.
What about scooby’s friend? Courage the cowardly dog?

Are we really still debating whether Scooby Doo, a children's cartoon, makes sense for Halloween Horror Nights? Come on, now.

you guys aren’t thinking outside the box enough about that one.

imagine scooby doo as the inspiration, but brought to life in classic HHN style.

a gritty, horror version of most any of the villains would be pretty creepy/crazy, and allow a different thematic room for each one. Not at all unlike any of the scary tales type of house. We’ve seen red riding hood, Snow White, wizard of oz, dozens of children’s tales brought to life for HNN.

if children’s stories are fair game for HNN when they dial it up a notch, scooby doo would work too (if they dialed it up similarly).

the deep sea diver, miner 49er, the abominable snowman, various ghosts, lots of weird creatures that could be nightmare fuel with the right twist. Add in a couple character scares here and there to fill it out and it works.

I’ve learned enough about HNN by now to know it’s more about the team’s execution, than the inspiration for the theme.

some of my least favorite IPs or original concepts have been my favorite houses.

Trust the team, regardless of theme. That’s been pretty solid for 30 years.

The 2002 film would easily work.

That's assuming WB wants that to be a thing.

Remember, like Scream, it takes two to tango. Universal can't just walk in and say "Hey, we want this for HHN... no questions asked."

The point is, it's still a children's cartoon. There's a reason certain Disney properties get branded with 20th Century (or Touchstone back in the day)...

you guys aren’t thinking outside the box enough about that one.

imagine scooby doo as the inspiration, but brought to life in classic HHN style.

a gritty, horror version of most any of the villains would be pretty creepy/crazy, and allow a different thematic room for each one. Not at all unlike any of the scary tales type of house. We’ve seen red riding hood, Snow White, wizard of oz, dozens of children’s tales brought to life for HNN.

if children’s stories are fair game for HNN when they dial it up a notch, scooby doo would work too (if they dialed it up similarly).

the deep sea diver, miner 49er, the abominable snowman, various ghosts, lots of weird creatures that could be nightmare fuel with the right twist. Add in a couple character scares here and there to fill it out and it works.

I’ve learned enough about HNN by now to know it’s more about the team’s execution, than the inspiration for the theme.

some of my least favorite IPs or original concepts have been my favorite houses.

Trust the team, regardless of theme. That’s been pretty solid for 30 years.

See above.

I'm in the camp that it's absolutely not impossible, and WB has done weirder with the IP, but I don't think there is much of a chance for it this year.

Scooby Doo does have a lot to work with though imo. "Scooby Doo but they actually encounter a real scary monster" has been a thing for decades. Immediately writing it off as a nothing of an idea is a little silly imo, especially given the IP drought we're finding ourselves in.

Gremlins I don't think was ever happening. No idea why people kept trumpeting that one.

I definitely feel like this one was mostly just speculation run amok, but I don't blame anyone for thinking it was likely. Ghostbusters/Klowns followed by Beetlejuice both being headliners could definitely be seen as a trend if you look at it the right way (doesn't hurt that BJ being speculated 2 years in a row makes the chain feel like it's been going for longer). The next obvious pick after those three 80s horror comedies is Gremlins.

And they could absolutely pull off a Gremlins house. Puppets from Midnight Snack 2 and Patient Zero show that there are definitely ways to get scares in with that "little monsters" pitch. I feel like the comedy aspect would also help lower the expectations of it being traditionally scary. It's the Ghostbusters or Beetlejuice tier house, a beginner haunt for people not quite prepared for Texas Chainsaw or House of 1000 Corpses.

Saturday Night Live?

40+ Halloween episodes to choose from and has Comcast corporate synergy.

Reactions: salismetho
Have we assessed the possibility of a property getting split into both a house and zone? I know it was speculated for creepshow last year but I feel like we could see that with a specific property this year

Status
Not open for further replies.