Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard for me to picture any HHNO show indoors. All of their shows have been boisterous allowing people to get into it and be a bit rowdy. It’s like the energy difference of “indoor voice vs. outdoor voice.”

For comparisons sake, the crowd energy in HHNH for the Jaberwockeez felt stifled by the indoor venue. And yes, there were Jaberwockeez fans there super into it - it wasn’t just that the show sucked.

Reactions: MI1287
30's park loop was definitely not as strong as 29's park loop.
28 and 29's parkwide dark synth-like atmosphere was really amazing.

uni had tried to play pop rock and radio friendly metal in the park a couple of times.

I remember one year when the music was so off they changed it to soundtracks after opening weekend (Don't remember what year, but I remember people talking about it on social media) I Remember the complaining and the change.
i understand uni is trying to create a big party atmosphere but I miss creepy music.
I miss scary music and soundtracks.

I guess it’s whether or not you’re using GSATs or your own opinion. I personally thought Crypt was weakest, but I also think Seek and Destroy pulls out ahead merely because, conceptually and safety-wise, these actors were able to be on the ground.

Didn’t Exorcist famously share a soundstage with Grinchmas, where you could smell the vomit permeate the stage? I imagine it’s been done in the past, the HHN-to-Grinchmas thing. Now that Grinchmas’ new set has been constructed the first time, perhaps next season it’ll be easier to, like a puzzle, slot Grinchmas in, allowing more time for HHN to play.

all I know is that people seemed to have a better time in seek and destroy than crypt tv and the forest zone, yes obviously that doesn't mean guests loved it.

but the energy and atmosphere and guest experience felt better in seek and destroy. people seemed to have had fun and seemed to enjoy the actor interactions and the controller

I assume Crypt scored well for those who watched the show(?)

Hacktion was the only scarezone with energy

I went before it became the Schmidt family photo-op, but it was the only zone that felt like a true zone

It’s hard for me to picture any HHNO show indoors. All of their shows have been boisterous allowing people to get into it and be a bit rowdy. It’s like the energy difference of “indoor voice vs. outdoor voice.”

For comparisons sake, the crowd energy in HHNH for the Jaberwockeez felt stifled by the indoor venue. And yes, there were Jaberwockeez fans there super into it - it wasn’t just that the show sucked.

Absolutely agree.

I'm sure they could do fog blasts and some fun projection mapping to enhance the shows

BMG was pretty hype and had a lot of guest interaction, so it is possible

idk, I don't really watch the HHN shows lol

I agree here. I think there are some limits to what they can do due to the proximity of the animals that are boarded there overnight. It's also a smaller amphitheater that's heavily customized for the animal performances... and there isn't sufficient space to stage crowds waiting to get in. That area is currently a serious pressure point already.

That isn't to say they can't do a show in Animal Actors... but it'd have to be a small-scale show, ala a more intimate magic act (think Brushwood), not something big and loud like Nightmare Fuel.
If they were doing an HHN show in AA though, there wouldn't be any daytime show for guests until HHN ends, meaning the Animals could be boarded elsewhere during the event, no? The amphitheater for AA is certainly smaller, so it would hold less, but they could use this theater if they really wanted to.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
If they were doing an HHN show in AA though, there wouldn't be any daytime show for guests until HHN ends, meaning the Animals could be boarded elsewhere during the event, no? The amphitheater for AA is certainly smaller, so it would hold less, but they could use this theater if they really wanted to.
They've had HHN shows in AA in the past, right? Did they not board the animals somewhere else during those or?

They've had HHN shows in AA in the past, right? Did they not board the animals somewhere else during those or?
They have. I'm not sure on your question as I think shows in the past were magicians who did quick bits, but if they had some big show with pyro and such, they'd have to board the animals during HHN.

Reactions: reeseyNG
I don't know why, but this year is gonna be weird.
It's right after debatably the biggest year of HHN and being planned during the pandemic.
It is gonna be... different, or maybe not.

The spidey sense's are going off.
Mine are too gotta keep those eyes wide opened

I think 31 could be a very experimental year than what we are used to. I think this will be the year we add a 11th house, I also think we will only have one show. I have talked to a lot of people and it seems most people had issues with zones and theming this year. The whole anniversary theme just felt tacked on compared to 2019 having a great 80s theme. Zones are just starting to get worse each year. I think they will try to find a way to fix zones in some way. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to do a 90s theme on top of an icon next year.

As for houses, I have a few thoughts as to what we could see
-Fear Street
-Another Monster House
-Chucky
-Possibly scream?

With slasher films starting to make a comeback finally I think now is the perfect time for Eddie to finally become an icon.

I think 31 could be a very experimental year than what we are used to. I have talked to a lot of people and it seems most people had issues with zones and theming this year. The whole anniversary theme just felt tacked on compared to 2019 having a great 80s theme. Zones are just starting to get worse each year. I think they will try to find a way to fix zones in some way. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to do a 90s theme on top of an icon next year.

As for houses, I have a few thoughts as to what we could see
-Fear Street
-Another Monster House
-Chucky
-Possibly scream?

With slasher films starting to make a comeback finally I think now is the perfect time for Eddie to finally become an icon.
How about 3 icons Eddie, Cindy and pumpkin lord I know I’ve already said this but just the tip on my finger I still think pumpkin lord is still coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Living Dead Dude
How about 3 new icons I don’t mean to be greedy I know I already said this but just the tip on my finger I think pumpkin lord is still coming.
Im really torn on pumpkinlord. Most people will want an icon house to go with the icon and we literally just got Wicked Growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.