Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With everyone talking about the drop of attendance yet the parks still feeling overcrowded, I see this year as the perfect one to try the dual park approach.

I think they could block off the area outside BMG and use it as the connection point and perhaps put a scare zone there. That would also be a good space for a walk up show since it’s a giant parking lot. Also if a show goes into the BMG theater blocking off that area would be useful.

Problem is you can put anything scary in Seuss Landing and Harry Potter, so I’d just keep half the park open. I haven’t been to IOA in forever but does the new coaster have a path that allows guests to bypass HPW? That could be a good way to complete a loop and not have a dead end in Jurassic park.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
With everyone talking about the drop of attendance yet the parks still feeling overcrowded, I see this year as the perfect one to try the dual park approach.

I think they could block off the area outside BMG and use it as the connection point and perhaps put a scare zone there. That would also be a good space for a walk up show since it’s a giant parking lot. Also if a show goes into the BMG theater blocking off that area would be useful.

Problem is you can put anything scary in Seuss Landing and Harry Potter, so I’d just keep half the park open. I haven’t been to IOA in forever but does the new coaster have a path that allows guests to bypass HPW? That could be a good way to complete a loop and not have a dead end in Jurassic park.
Harry Potter would be available for HHN.

They’ve done it Japan. They had Death Eaters in IoA. They planned a HHN show for Diagon.

I really wish people would stop saying they can’t do it.

Remember IoA was open to 9 or 10 most HHN nights--would it still sell as many tickets if guests knew they'd be kicked out at 4:30?

Makes more sense financially to keep IoA open as a non-HHN option, and just jack up HHN ticket prices. Spending more money on ops to bring in the same number of guests at the same price makes little sense -- doubling prices to get crowd numbers down while maintaining or increasing revenue makes a lot more sense.

At least not until EU opens (which is still several years away).

It still won’t happen even with EU open. USF is the only park that has the infrastructure to handle HHN and the adjacent lands in IOA either cannot be themed (Suess) or have narrow paths unfit for HHN crowds.

One thing that could be done about losing FFL is having a show at the Sinbad amphitheater, but even using the TM paths, it’s still a bit of a hike.

Remember IoA was open to 9 or 10 most HHN nights--would it still sell as many tickets if guests knew they'd be kicked out at 4:30?

Makes more sense financially to keep IoA open as a non-HHN option, and just jack up HHN ticket prices. Spending more money on ops to bring in the same number of guests at the same price makes little sense -- doubling prices to get crowd numbers down while maintaining or increasing revenue makes a lot more sense.
You make a really solid point about the park closing early, and about the addition of ops members. I just would really like to see the crowd issue addressed by universal in some way. I personally think that getting rid of a show and adding an extra house would be better for crowds. Issue is there isn’t a space for a house in the area that needs it the most, San Fran.

• Sad
You make a really solid point about the park closing early, and about the addition of ops members. I just would really like to see the crowd issue addressed by universal in some way. I personally think that getting rid of a show and adding an extra house would be better for crowds. Issue is there isn’t a space for a house in the area that needs it the most, San Fran.
“Replacing” anything won’t help. There needs to be an addition.

“Replacing” anything won’t help. There needs to be an addition.

This would be a great year for Death Eaters. Already rehearsed and proven, would take the sting out of losing a huge show and draw a LOT of people towards the back of the park. If the face characters are fully on stage and the Death Eaters are fully masked, even better.

Adding a house won't do much actually. The majority of guests will hit 5-6 houses, 1-2 rides and maybe a show.

I'd argue that if USF had one more thrill attraction like RockIt/Mummy, it could alleviate some of the crowding.

After the reception of Marathon of Mayhem (29), Academy of Villains, and Nightmare Fuel, no way they get rid of a show.

Everyone wants to do the popular IP house, not the originals. A dual or large-sized house where multiple people can stand by side for the most popular IP (like Stranger Things) is much better than an 11th house in my opinion.

Jo’s said no to the Deatheaters show at HHN multiple times in Orlando and now Hollywood. If they had free reign, I wouldn’t want London waterfront to be HP, would rather have a different theme. Although I wonder if that space could even handle a scarezone.

• Wow
The event wasn’t really overcrowded. The pain points are mostly self-induced - putting a selfie zone in San Francisco that chokes the walkway and running a show 4X per night at full capacity instead of something like B&T that frequently ran to half/two-thirds crowds but was 7X per night. The latter will be less stressful on area development than the former.

It was fewer than 10 years ago when about every house would hit triple digits in an evening, now it’s a surprise when one or two hit triple digits in an evening, if at all.

Do they need to add a major show somewhere else without FFL? I think for survey scores they do but for capacity they could probably get away without one.

Jo’s said no to the Deatheaters show at HHN multiple times in Orlando and now Hollywood. If they had free reign, I wouldn’t want London waterfront to be HP, would rather have a different theme. Although I wonder if that space could even handle a scarezone.
Jo and WB approved the Death Eaters show in Orlando. Orlando management canceled it because they didn’t want to deal with the crowd nightmare of Harry Potter and the final Bill and Ted loading and dumping in the exact same spot.

People are acting like we haven’t had “scary” in Harry Potter already.

Jo and WB approved the Death Eaters show in Orlando. Orlando management canceled it because they didn’t want to deal with the crowd nightmare of Harry Potter and the final Bill and Ted loading and dumping in the exact same spot.

People are acting like we haven’t had “scary” in Harry Potter already.

Not the story performers in the Deatheater’s show were told back in 2017, but I believe that to be a logical reason as well. JK or WB doesn’t want HP at HHN specifically is the story I’ve heard while working in Orlando and around Hollywood - hence why there were no Deatheaters at HHNH this year.

• Wow
Death Eaters were ready to go at HHN Hollywood in 2019. They were cut literally last minute, and it wasn’t because Jo said no.
What was the reason and why weren’t they back this year? Heard this year was because of Jo/WB.

Status
Not open for further replies.