Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don't know how a full Leave it to Cleaver maze would play in 2022. It felt like both it and H.R. Bloodngutz, arguably the two most successful and notorious "comedy" houses, got a muted response in the Carey maze last year.
The entirety of the Carey maze got a so-so feedback. It was very messy; even for an HHN fan. Bloodngutz was done dirty.
The Cleaver segment was a blast tho.

The entirety of the Carey maze got a so-so feedback. It was very messy; even for an HHN fan. Bloodngutz was done dirty.
The Cleaver segment was a blast tho.
I feel like one of the small handful that loved that maze. Had so many excellent and solo walk throughs. That beginning section that went from Spawning > Hive > Dead End/Legendary Truth was genuinely quite scary. If it was longer and in a bigger venue it would have been much better received IMO.

I genuinely don't know how a full Leave it to Cleaver maze would play in 2022. It felt like both it and H.R. Bloodngutz, arguably the two most successful and notorious "comedy" houses, got a muted response in the Carey maze last year.
To be fair, the main thing that made those 2 houses so good wasn't really in play in SCarey. At least from what I could tell, we didn't really bask in the absurdity of those two stories since they both had like a room or 2 each. I do agree with @Wigglepebbles that the Cleaver section was the best part of the house.

*Scooby Doo Where are You? Theme intensifies*
The craziest part is this isn't impossible.

People want so many sequels and don't realize how they will turn out.

Yeah I'm a sucker for bringing stuff back but I almost always end up preferring the completely new originals over sequels.

Also I know it had a lot more time to be made but last time we lost an IP we got Case Files so I'm holding out for something interesting as Evil Dead's replacement.

People want so many sequels and don't realize how they will turn out. Its a hit or miss guys. People clamored and clamored for Nightingales 2, they gave you it in 29 and you saw what happened, in 2018 they gave a prequel to Dead Exposure and you saw what happened there too. Sometimes originals don't need sequels.
Not to get too far off track, but I would argue that Blood Pit was solid and DE2 was well above average (barring the last room).

Honestly I don't see them really being the same level as the first Dead Exposure and Nightingales, the first Nightingales can't be touched by any sequel, the first Dead Exposure had a better interesting story and due to it being apart of 2008. Its honestly best creative to be given the freedom to do other things than just being pushed to do sequels. They have handful of ideas not all of em include sequels.

Reactions: JMalez
People want so many sequels and don't realize how they will turn out. Its a hit or miss guys. People clamored and clamored for Nightingales 2, they gave you it in 29 and you saw what happened, in 2018 they gave a prequel to Dead Exposure and you saw what happened there too. Sometimes originals don't need sequels.
Well, to be fair, you could apply this logic to ANY house request if you think about it...

Of course but you don't see them going to Scary Tales, Body Collectors, Ghost Town and Psychoscareapy now, possibly for the anniversary years yes its possible they'd go for those but they'd rather go different routes with their future originals, sequels aren't always needed.

I don't think many would be a fan of this idea, since it was just at the event. But I had a thought. So Hollywood when it lost an IP, just copied something already coming to Orlando and got Blum. What if Orlando does the same and just replaces Evil Dead with Killer Klowns, which is already going to Hollywood? Seems like the rights issue would be fairly easy. And they should already have props for it.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts