Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if they actually get those recordings of Jim, because I don't want an off-brand Orlando Jim impersonation!
I don't 100% know how contracts in the music industry work exactly, but the way I perceive it is that Jim agreed to lend his voice to Abel's Dawn FM album, which I would assume means that Abel owns the character rights and the voice recording that Jim Carrey gave on the album.

I could be totally off though.

Everyone's talking about The Weeknd when it comes to his house, but I think a lot of what will really add a very creepy element (probably when you enter the house and as a transition between scenes) is Jim Carrey's Dawn FM voice.
This 100% I really hope they use it. Not to mention Jim Carrey will get a page on the HHN wiki after that

Reactions: reeseyNG and Nick
I'm probably in the minority here, and it's too early to tell, but I honestly really hope they don't do the 80s vibe in the park exterior again.

One of the reasons I go to Halloween events for for a dark/scary/oppressive atmosphere. This is something that Universal Orlando has historically done much better than Universal Hollywood, but has gotten away from in the past three years or so. Knott's Scary Farm also does a good job of this. The party atmosphere doesn't really scream Halloween for me, and it often detracts from my own personal experience. I like Carpenter Brut/The Weeknd/80s synthpop as much as anyone, but when it's the whole music loop in the park, it really doesn't land for me. I'm not saying everything has to be metal or dark orchestral, but I miss it when it isn't there.

(Usual disclaimer that I'm aware that the event exists to make money and not to make me happy and I'm not the core audience.)

Had a feeling this would be coming soon; it should be very interesting to see what changes in spec will happen.

Should also mention for folks to keep a calm and level head, as usual the spec map will probably go through another version or two over the months. That and by several accounts this year is gonna' be weird/interesting, so there's bound to be an off the wall property or concept in the mix. Just keep an open mind and roll with what's speculated.

Had a feeling this would be coming soon; it should be very interesting to see what changes in spec will happen.

Should also mention for folks to keep a calm and level head, as usual the spec map will probably go through another version or two over the months. That and by several accounts this year is gonna' be weird/interesting, so there's bound to be an off the wall property or concept in the mix. Just keep an open mind and roll with what's speculated.
I’m looking forward to seeing where they’ll speculate the 2nd show to be located

Status
Not open for further replies.