Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 258 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say hi to my British brother. :) And also, I must chime in I still HATE Chucky. hahah. Glad you're excited though. There is an ass for every seat.
I liked Childs play 1-3 but after that with bride and seed went downhill. Campy and different. I heard on here someone saw them drop off hundreds of Chucky dolls in boxes. Can’t wait to walk down that isle. Reboot was much better than I thought would be. 1 vote for Chucky here, will be fun.

Not a fan of Chucky, but the IP is a major draw. Not in the same level as Halloween or Stranger Things... but that stupid doll sells.
A lot of IPs of recent didn’t have the same draw as Halloween or Stranger Things: The Blumhouse movies, Haunting of Hill House, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Us, House of 1,000 Corpses, and dare I say… Beetlejuice and Poltergeist. And (possible hot take) I would say Chucky has a bigger following than all of those IPs I just listed.

Shhh. We don't talk about that one.
M3GAN is what the Child’s Play reboot should have been. It lost me at the very beginning when a Vietnamese factory worker had the abilities to turn off the safety features. It should have began with an executive that helped launched the Buddi doll getting fired and before they leave, they turn off the safety features of the Buddi doll. Would have made more sense. But the rest of it was terrible too.

I just personally don’t think that the franchise is great outside of maybe the first movie. I know that’s a bit of a hot take, though.
Very hot take, lol. But everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don’t care for The Weeknd, but I enjoyed the house more than I thought I would. Sometimes even IP’s you aren’t fond of can translate to a fun house.

I guess I’m the only Chucky fan on here then lol.
You’re not the only Chucky fan here I promise. I’m actually surprised at the amount of Chucky hate on this forum.

My problem with Chucky is I’ve always found those movies as campy/goofy vs scary. Like i genuinely think it will be this years “comedy” house. Especially if most of the scares are AAs.

Speaking of , has there been any discussion how this house will actually work? Are they hiring little people to run the house?

I suppose I could see a story that a new “life size” doll has been created to avoid this( but would really render the house kinda pointless

My problem with Chucky is I’ve always found those movies as campy/goofy vs scary. Like i genuinely think it will be this years “comedy” house. Especially if most of the scares are AAs.

I mean we had people in here clamoring for a SCOOBY DOO house, I don't think the issue is campy/goofy vs scary. I just think posters want to be right vs happy.

Also I very much doubt we'll ever get an AA in a house. Asides from the costs (one figure would easily consume a whole house budget) the safety considerations would totally ruin the scene in the house, and the house overall.

I mean we had people in here clamoring for a SCOOBY DOO house, I don't think the issue is campy/goofy vs scary. I just think posters want to be right vs happy.
Honestly the problem I have with Child’s Play is the problem that I have with movies like Fight Club, or more recently even shows like Rick and Morty; the central character is misogynistic and a caricature of masculinity and a large number of fans miss that subtext and just like the character. I think the show has done a better job of exploring those themes largely because Mancini is less involved with the writing.

That’s not to defend Scooby Doo as a house choice, though I would prefer it over Chucky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly the problem I have with Child’s Play is the problem that I have with movies like Fight Club, or more recently even shows like Rick and Morty; the central character is misogynistic and a caricature of masculinity and a large number of fans miss that subtext and just like the character. I think the show has done a better job of exploring those themes largely because Mancini is less involved with the writing.

That’s not to defend Scooby Doo as a house choice, though I would prefer it over Chucky ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, is that on the property or the fans then? And I have seen WAY more horrible people appropriate the Fight Club and Rick shittiness than Chucky's (maybe I'm looking at the wrong places).

I mean the films made Charles a villain I loved to hate and a miserable son of a gun. The movie characters I liked the most in the franchise were the 2 most notable strong, female lead/supporting protagonists, Kyle and Nica.

As for a house, I just hope to see more barrel of monkeys again. Those goobers were so much fun in 28’s scare zone :)

It should have began with an executive that helped launched the Buddi doll getting fired and before they leave, they turn off the safety features of the Buddi doll. Would have made more sense.

"DO YOU KNOW MUCH I'VE SACRIFICED?!"

Doesn’t count. That was different creators and completely different characters. There’s a reason that the word “Chucky” doesn’t ever get uttered in the movie.
The “Chucky” property continued on even during the release of that.
They absolutely say "Chucky" in the movie lol

No his name is Chucky. The doll is a Buddi doll instead of a Good Guy doll.
Eh. I only saw that once and thought that it was fine.
Point still stands. There’s never been a sequel to that one, while the original “timeline” had had two seasons of a TV show since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.